The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen :No, I need to rewrite the whole shadow rendering system at some point so all previous reports of specific shadow issues would be irrelevant.

hmmm. Would a Stencil Buffer work?
Quote from The Very End :Hmm strange, never seen that message before, maybe some new message added or has it allways been one like that?

think that message appears if a server runs something like Tweak or Slickmod
A reasonable message then
Quote from The Very End :Hmm strange, never seen that message before, maybe some new message added or has it allways been one like that?

This normally happens when someone is using t*e*k on the server, thus you can't join unless you hack into his/her computer... Happened to me once.
You can joine those servers, you just need the same tweak settings as the host. If the values are identically it's no problem
Quote from Scrabby :they even keep adding stuff to encourage cruising....i thought they wanted a racing simulator...

Let's be clear, I haven't added anything for cruising. Support for cruising up to now has only been about disabling existing features, a very easy thing to do... so you don't really have to worry if I spend 5 minutes disabling another feature to support cruising.

To me, cruise is simply a special mode that allows people to make their own game using our simulator. In no way have I written anything that influences cruise servers - the programmers of cruise type systems do it all themselves using the InSim interface.
Quote from Danny LFS :This normally happens when someone is using t*e*k on the server, thus you can't join unless you hack into his/her computer... Happened to me once.

tweak is censored word now?
Quote from Scawen :Let's be clear, I haven't added anything for cruising. Support for cruising up to now has only been about disabling existing features, a very easy thing to do... so you don't really have to worry if I spend 5 minutes disabling another feature to support cruising.

To me, cruise is simply a special mode that allows people to make their own game using our simulator. In no way have I written anything that influences cruise servers - the programmers of cruise type systems do it all themselves using the InSim interface.

Sorry for this off topic.

But you are saying you encurage that we use the game as we somewhat want ourselfe, of course by limitations but still. Do you in the future plan do add more objects to the autocross feature, to let people play more with their immagination? I am not talking like directly track objects, like road and such. More like new small things that can be added, maybe a little bigger ramp, some fences, trees maybe? Just very basic things, but that would encurage people to use layout more actively in the game?

Sorry for this off topic question, I just really wanted to hear if you having further plans for the autocross feature. Me and other likes the feature a lot in many aspects of the game, and a update to it would personally thrill me
Well, all I can say is that I would like to extend the autocross feature at some point. I have to be careful what I say though and that is no promise, just something I'd like to do at some point if I get some time. But there are quite a lot of things of a higher priority, so I have no idea when I will be able to do that, if ever. But what I'd like to do is unify the autocross object system, so the same objects are available at different tracks, and also allow some adjustable objects like user defined fences / barriers (with a fixed cross section but adjustable curve) and maybe adjustable ramps, that kind of thing.

Please, other people, don't start to ask me about any other plans for LFS's future, I can imagine the questions coming in now just because I answered one!
I see, and I / we stop there.
Thanks for taking the time replying that question
I just noticed that my shadows look awful now in Z13 compared to Z (didn't try the other test patches)

NOTE: I am running the game in Linux using Wine

Athlon X2 5000+, nvidia 7600GS
nvidia drivers 173.14.09
Wine updated from 1.1.17 to 1.1.21 - didn't help
Attached images
shadowz.jpg
shadowz13.jpg
shadowz13-2.jpg
shadowz13-4.jpg
shadowz13-3.jpg
Quote from r_b_l :NOTE: I am running the game in Linux using Wine

I doubt Scawen can (or wants to) do anything about problems in Wine. Wine is just one giant hack and it's a wonder it works at all. If you're having problems with it you're probably better off taking it up with the Wine devs.
Quote from wien :I doubt Scawen can (or wants to) do anything about problems in Wine. Wine is just one giant hack and it's a wonder it works at all. If you're having problems with it you're probably better off taking it up with the Wine devs.

or MAYBE it´s something that he can reproduce in win xp/vista/7, with the same comp specs? ever thought about that? it MIGHT be a problem with his hardware not liking something in the new testpatch.. we dont know, you dont know, and the poster sure as hell dont know.

it aint a HACK in any way. its an emulator, not a hack..
Quote from r_b_l :Wine updated from 1.1.17 to 1.1.21 - didn't help

Probably a graphic driver issue. Like most other fake bugs the l33t 0vercl0ckerZ w1nn00bs seems to be posting here every couple of seconds
I don´t know if it´s test patch related (at least it isn´t that way in the Y patch). But a few testpatches / or the last testpatch somebody mentiond that a blue indicator light in the MRT turns on, when you press the light button (usually "g"), and it´s still like that.
Attached images
lfs_00000026.jpg
Quote from r_b_l :I just noticed that my shadows look awful now in Z13 compared to Z (didn't try the other test patches)

NOTE: I am running the game in Linux using Wine

Athlon X2 5000+, nvidia 7600GS
nvidia drivers 173.14.09
Wine updated from 1.1.17 to 1.1.21 - didn't help

ya i have the same problem on my ubuntu using whine

Galaxy GeForce 9500
updated drivers.. but i think the problem is from whine
Try reverting to an older driver, nV screws them up often both for Windows AND Linux. For those of you who use apt-based package managers, I suggest installing them manually, it's more work when you update your kernel but at least you can install whatever version works best on your system.
no, the problem _IS_ wine. it has crap shadow support...

when i turned on shadows on one of my machines, it would cut the car in half and do all retarded stuff... and then on the other machine, the shadow would appear as a solid black square on the ground, it had no contours of the car's actual shape.

thing is, it's been brought to their attention already.
Dunno if it is a bug or wanted...

If you turn in hard the rims are invisible from the inside. As you can see the outside is ok.
Attached images
lfs_00000053.JPG
Quote from Crady :If you turn in hard the rims are invisible from the inside.

More worryingly, most of your car seems to be invisible. Sort that out and the rendering optimisation on the wheels ceases to be relevant.
Damn i love Bob's avatar heh..
Well i really liked the arrow but for some weird reason when i installed the patch via USB drive (i dont have internet at home atm) it locked my lfs =(
Quote from msk :I discovered, that when i travel in pitlane and look 90 degrees to left or right, i see direction marker. Like this one, which i see when i join the track. Is it bug or feature? I attached screenshots.

I have the opposite problem, these don't show up for me. The main screen claims that I have 0.5Z13 so it's not that I forgot to install it or something, I just don't see these arrows.

Edit: The progress indicator, is that simply the (1/3) thing or is there supposed to be a bar representing the percentage of completion? Based on what this is supposed to be I should know whether or not the entire Z->Z13 install is messed up or not.

Edit2: Oh, the server that I was testing on is a cruise server. It's hidden so I have to join manually so I didn't see that tag.

Edit3: Scawen, I don't host the server that I tested on but it's one I race on regularly. It's set up as cruise mode so that we don't get spectated when we're just messing around, but we do run actual races so blue/yellow flags are necessary. Is there any way you can set it up so that there is the option to have the flags as well as not get spectated for going in reverse?
Quote from Scawen :Let's be clear, I haven't added anything for cruising. Support for cruising up to now has only been about disabling existing features, a very easy thing to do... so you don't really have to worry if I spend 5 minutes disabling another feature to support cruising.

Is changing full lock from 36* to 45* in RWD road cars so much harder? It's only disabling existing restriction. (45* was in S1)
Quote from pik_d :Edit: The progress indicator, is that simply the (1/3) thing or is there supposed to be a bar representing the percentage of completion? Based on what this is supposed to be I should know whether or not the entire Z->Z13 install is messed up or not.

Yes it is a text progress indicator like "Downloading skin (16/20)". Before Z13 there was just a skin number so you had no idea how far through the list you were, which was quite annoying.

Quote from pik_d :Edit3: Scawen, I don't host the server that I tested on but it's one I race on regularly. It's set up as cruise mode so that we don't get spectated when we're just messing around, but we do run actual races so blue/yellow flags are necessary. Is there any way you can set it up so that there is the option to have the flags as well as not get spectated for going in reverse?

I don't know why you need cruise mode then - you can just turn off the autokick option.

/autokick=no

There are four options for the autokick feature : no / kick / ban / spec.
Scawen, add button to cancel skin downloads please.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z13 (online compatible)
(458 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG