The online racing simulator
That's new damage system at it's best
You should check you GPU temp. If it's too dusty clean it a bit.
Quote from BoyGTA :You should check you GPU temp. If it's too dusty clean it a bit.

Both running on 62 Celsius.
Quote from BoyGTA :You should check you GPU temp. If it's too dusty clean it a bit.

Nah that's a graphical error I think. Just an LFS bug because I very much doubt it'd happen to be that one tiny piece if the card was overheating or something..
Well, to help determine if it is a LFS bug then you should try seeing if it appears in the replay at the same point. If it doesn't appear again it may have been a hardware glitch, like a problem on the card for a split second, artifact showing up, on it's way to death, etc....

From the angle in the pic it looks like you are indeed watching a replay. So if it happens each time at that spot, then your card heat is ok and not likely the problem.

Try running the replay in Z patch instead of Z10. See if the same graphic bug occurs there.

So there's still more things to try before reporting it as a specific Z10 PATCH bug.
Quote from JasonJ :Well, to help determine if it is a LFS bug then you should try seeing if it appears in the replay at the same point. If it doesn't appear again it may have been a hardware glitch, like a problem on the card for a split second, artifact showing up, on it's way to death, etc....

From the angle in the pic it looks like you are indeed watching a replay. So if it happens each time at that spot, then your card heat is ok and not likely the problem.

Try running the replay in Z patch instead of Z10. See if the same graphic bug occurs there.

So there's still more things to try before reporting it as a specific Z10 PATCH bug.

I've ran the replay in Z, nothing there. It did happen in Z10. It only was visible when I was looking at a side. It isn't visible from the front/back.
Quote from Bose321 :Eh... Bug or some kind of GFX fail. It happened when I hit the wall. Using Z10. Windowed.

wow thats odd, seems to be a LFS bug not a GFX problem
Are my shadows meant top be edgy in high res mode?
at the moment, yeah they are a little edgy..
Quote from mxpxun :Hello, does anyone know when next patch is coming?

Let me rephrase the question.

Are the 3 developers still on the LFS project? Or are they already in the Bahamas hiding?

Better yet, are they still alive?
found bug..

my car is under the bridge and the shadow is on the bridge
Attached images
BOSZ-425.jpg
That's an old one, happens also in the We1 pits and i think Bl1 pits.
Well, i simply can't fault this patch whatsoever.
Not one crash or bug at all. Try as i might, and i have been, i just can't break it, and i downloaded z10 the day it came out so i have had time to test it fully, plus i have a sh!t computer as well!

Top notch, most stable patch ever!
Quote from Amynue :There is nothing new in 0.6A for demo drivers

nope. fbm wheels, shadows, rotating brake disks, small bug fixed. are the fixes that i remember now, that are affecting demo drivers too
Another 126 posts moved to the spam thread. Bug reports and Z10 patch specific issues here only, thanks.
i don't now why but when i take screen-shot sometimes it snaps it like in the pictures...
no problems with the other games
in the last image - no rear rims , no windows ...
( this is in the game not in the car viewer )
Attached images
BOSZ-453.jpg
BOSZ-452.jpg
BOSZ-404.jpg
AFAIK, thats because you were in the oppsite side of the track, and you went in shift+u mode to that point. The game didn't have enough time to load that section.

About the car, I think that's caused by the online optimisation in graphics options
Quote from Whiskey :AFAIK, thats because you were in the oppsite side of the track, and you went in shift+u mode to that point. The game didn't have enough time to load that section.

About the car, I think that's caused by the online optimisation in graphics options

then its bug
That happens to me to but only if i got the "new" FZ50
at me it happens in complete ingame modus not only in making screens.
That happens to me sometimes but only when I entered the server and I'm spectating.
Old bug there I believe ^^

Follower could not find position Look familiar?

It's when the spectating camera tries to lock to a car, but the car is off the course slighly so the camera doesn't know where the car is in the path - hence the graphic engine cannot figure out which surfaces to occlude.

IIUC

edit: I could be wrong, but it does look like an old bug I see alot of.
Quote from JasonJ :Old bug there ^^

Follower could not find position Look familiar?

It's when the spectating camera tries to lock to a car, but the car is off the course slighly so the camera doesn't know where the car is in the path - hence the graphic engine cannot figure out which surfaces to occlude.

IIUC

If it's "old", it's not "test-patch related"
Quote from BOSCHO :found bug..

my car is under the bridge and the shadow is on the bridge

Also here...
Attached images
shadow_bug.JPG
Quote from kubsztyk :Also here...

Thats not a bug relaten to Scawen.

That is the way DirectX 8 (and I suposse newer versions also do the same) project the shadow onto the ground, if it hit before a building than the ground you get that bug
Quote from Whiskey :Thats not a bug relaten to Scawen.

That is the way DirectX 8 (and I suposse newer versions also do the same) project the shadow onto the ground, if it hit before a building than the ground you get that bug

Actually this only happens because the track uses the same material for the ground and the roof, and since the ground receives a shadow according to the car's position, also will the roof, because it's the same material. The solution IMO is simple: create a new material for the roof that doesn't render car shadows. (But we would need to download the whole track again on the next patch, which I myself don't see as a problem, although would increase the patch size).

But indeed, it's not TEST-PATCH related.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG