The online racing simulator
Quote from opela :Hy when I started the lfs in full screen mod then jump back to small size and I pressed shift+f4 then lfs is died in windows vista aero theme but I changed the theme to windows vista simple theme then the problem is ceasing. The problem in my computer? Thx the answer.

I have problems too with LFS Changing resolution.

Something else.
I have got a MSI Radeon HD 4850 now.
I tried LFS before reinstalling my PC, and it did NOT crash.
Quote from opela :Hy when I started the lfs in full screen mod then jump back to small size and I pressed shift+f4 then lfs is died in windows vista aero theme but I changed the theme to windows vista simple theme then the problem is ceasing. The problem in my computer? Thx the answer.

Try this and see if it solves your problem:
- Go to the LFS folder. Right mouse click on "LFS.exe", go to "Compatibility" tab, and checkmark Disable visual themes. Click [Ok], open the game and verify if this fixed your problem.
is perfect path
cant open something
Attached images
BOSZ-266.jpg
A downloaded skin is corrupted I think. Go to you skins_x or skins_y folder..
Depending if you use high res downloads - skins_y = hi res

Look for that filename "FXO_JackgBlack" and DELETE it. next time it needs to download it should be ok.
ok tnx
Quote from Velociround :MP Replay - Out of stash space
Lost connection to the server

I've never received this message since I play LFS, so I think it might be a test patch issue.

PC Specs and quick stats
Windows 7 build 7000 - up to date
Pentium D 2.8GHz - 29% in use when received the error
2GB RAM DDR2 - 55% in use, 45% free
HD - 281GB free of 465GB
9800GT 512MB 181.22 (vista 32bits) drivers
Game didn't crash.
LFS Test Patch Z10
1680x1050, AA8x, AF16x, full textures/skies/etc. "Texture usage: 141MB in use"
Racing on NDR|Public Racing
Replay attached. Screenshot attached.

Hi Mate i get this all the time to! havent been able to fix the problem :schwitz happens on Z10 and Z.

Can anyone help :S
-
(Chacall Br) DELETED by Chacall Br
Quote from Velociround :MP Replay - Out of stash space
Lost connection to the server

I've never received this message since I play LFS, so I think it might be a test patch issue.

PC Specs and quick stats
Windows 7 build 7000 - up to date
Pentium D 2.8GHz - 29% in use when received the error
2GB RAM DDR2 - 55% in use, 45% free
HD - 281GB free of 465GB
9800GT 512MB 181.22 (vista 32bits) drivers
Game didn't crash.
LFS Test Patch Z10
1680x1050, AA8x, AF16x, full textures/skies/etc. "Texture usage: 141MB in use"
Racing on NDR|Public Racing
Replay attached. Screenshot attached.

Regarding the Windows 7 thing...
You shouldn't be installing Vista drivers... :rollseyes:
Windows 7 automatically gets updates from microsoft for your nvidia card, I have a 9800GT which works fine with Windows 7!

You should have got a WDDM v1.1 update through Windows Update for GeForce 8, 9, and 200-series DirectX 10 GPUs.
For others you would have got a WDDM v1.0 update for GeForce 6 and 7-series DirectX 9 GPUs.

It is in the Optional Updates section in Windows Updates. (I always install optional updates aswell as important ones)
I think you need to install the WDDM v1.0 first then the v1.1, but I'm not sure...

I would recommend checking for updates and installing the WDDM drivers for your card. (and please don't EVER install drivers from previous versions of windows, there will always be drivers for big companys sent through Windows Update automatically - especially graphics card drivers)

Take a look at your updates when you install them and even check your Installed Updates history before you get drivers from a previous versions of Windows for a new Version.

P.S. I am a Computer Technican working towards a Information Technology Administrator (I am only 16, yes... )
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :

I already know, I always install optional updates too

The Windows 7 drivers works ok for me too, but I tested both drivers and the WDDM 1.1 ones seem to be a lot slower on many games in my computer than the Vista 182.06 ones. Also, these WDDM drivers are 179.xx for Windows 7 and, as far as I know, doesn't have PhysX, while the latest Vista ones are 182.08 and comes with PhysX.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

PS: Today I went to the nVidia website, and the new drivers for Windows 7 are released for download! I was just about to check for the latest Vista driver when I saw "Windows 7" on the list.
Even though the drivers are still 181.71 beta (which doesn't really matter much since the OS is beta too), I think they are worth trying. I'm downloading it now.

I'm really sorry for the off topic
Here's some reasons why it's better to run WDDM 1.1 drivers in Windows 7, than 1.0 ones.

Quote :So what do you get with WDDM 1.1? For starters, the DWM will use DirectX 10 instead of 9 and offer some nice performance enhancements. DWM will now use the same consistent amount of system memory no matter how many windows are open. Your graphics card memory usage will still increase as you open more windows, but that amount of memory is cut in half relative to Vista.

The end result is that Windows 7 will use dramatically less memory as you open additional windows on your desktop. It should also be faster and more efficient at rendering the desktop.

Windows 7 will introduce Direct2D, a sort of accelerated 2D replacement for GDI used for drawing 2D graphics, lines, splines, etc. It runs on top of Direct3D 10 and requires WDDM 1.1 drivers. This has been long awaited, and future applications should see snappier windows performance in standard applications, not just 3D apps.

DirectX 10 games should see a performance improvement with WDDM 1.1 drivers, mostly centered around memory management. It's still far too early for Microsoft to share any sort of numbers, but it seems to suggest that the performance difference will vary by title.

Found Bug:

There is a strange bug that occurs from time to time on my machine, afaik it only does in Z10. Mostly at the start of a race, and I'm quite sure only when extra autoX objects were on the track, LFS crashes, or to say it in a more fitting way, it seems to get stuck in an endless loop. Sound loops, and the FFB too. I made a vid with my digicam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJelMRpariM

I can change between different apps via alt-tab (the LFS soundloop disappears), i can control Winamp via my keyboard (switch songs, pause), everything except LFS seems to work normal, but it will always stay onscreen.

Alt-F4 won't close it, nor does the Task-Manager help because I can't see it. Only thing I can do is restart the PC via its button.

@ Whiskey: It is, watch the vid
Quote from ACCAkut :Found Bug:
Alt-F4 won't close it, nor does the Task-Manager help because I can't see it. Only thing I can do is restart the PC via its button.

Set task manager to always on top and you won't need to restart using the button.
Why AI use my helmet?

btw, old problem, before Z10, I think...
Quote from nesrulz :Why AI use my helmet?

btw, old problem, before Z10, I think...

AI ALWAYS uses your helmet.
Yes, we need option "AI use player helmet : yes/no".
[OT]Yes, yes...
Small OT, but the problem that bothered me very...[/OT]
Quote from nesrulz :Yes, we need option "AI use player helmet : yes/no".

That's absurd, there are aspects more important than that. People normally don't pay attention to the AI helmets, looking if they are same or not.
Quote from FlyingSam :That's absurd, there are aspects more important than that. People normally don't pay attention to the AI helmets, looking if they are same or not.

Yes, for you it does not matter.
And guys, pls, stop with OT...
I think I had another crash similar to the one in the Video I posted above, but this time I had LFS in window mode (watching a replay), so i could close it.

Event Manager shows me this info:

Quote :Stillstehende Anwendung LFS.exe, Version 0.0.0.0, Stillstandmodul hungapp, Version 0.0.0.0, Stillstandadresse 0x00000000.

Weitere Informationen über die Hilfe- und Supportdienste erhalten Sie unter http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

0000: 6c707041 74616369 206e6f69 676e6148
0010: 464c2020 78652e53 2e302065 2e302e30
0020: 6e692030 6e756820 70706167 302e3020
0030: 302e302e 20746120 7366666f 30207465
0040: 30303030 303030

having a muliplayer problem on z10 i can only find 19 servers but i turn it off go on my z instal of lfs and i find 96 servers both filters are the same
Quote from brt900 :having a muliplayer problem on z10 i can only find 19 servers but i turn it off go on my z instal of lfs and i find 96 servers both filters are the same

Unlock S2?
+ press ALL under cars.
Quote from MijnWraak :Unlock S2?
+ press ALL under cars.

i have unlocked it i think i may have fox filter on lol
Quote from brt900 :i have unlocked it i think i may have fox filter on lol

or something problems on connection perhaps? if you have NOT got the filters on
Eh... Bug or some kind of GFX fail. It happened when I hit the wall. Using Z10. Windowed.
Attached images
fail.jpg
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG