The online racing simulator
I was also driving around, and saw this (look at the drivers body in the first pic):
Attached images
lfs_00000035.jpg
lfs_00000036.jpg
@ W1ldPort75 and Vegas Las
@ W1ldPort75 and Vegas Las

I have a 9800GT with a Core2Duo E6750 (Overclocked) 3.2GHz, 2GB Ram etc...

I have no problems, but I am running Windows 7 Beta 1...

Have you guys considered updating your graphics card drivers? (or to windows 7 beta 1? XD)

Drivers: v181.22 (but remember it is Windows 7)

Maybe even try down-grading your drivers?

Hope you guys figure it out!
#253 - hda
Quote from Danas :I was also driving around, and saw this (look at the drivers body in the first pic):

reported oh so many times and it's not Z10 specific.. It's supposed to be like that I guess
Quote from hazaky :Was driving on montana track when suddenly saw this.

What bothers me about this screenshot is the collision between the tyre and chassis.

But I guess that's something what isn't on the main todo list for now. But I do dream of colliding tyres one day, it should be great if something like this would occur, or bottomming out the suspension, there would be a real life collision like between tyres and tarmac. The first thing what comes into my mind is make the inside of the wheel arches behave like 'hard' material, like the tarmac.. But I guess barriers are made that way and they show the 'material' collision isn't exactly right yet. I guess that bottomming out your suspension would send your car flying around then.

Ah well, one day we'll have scraping tyres in the wheel arches? And hopefully no option to roll the arches for some lowriding
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :@ W1ldPort75 and Vegas Las

I have a 9800GT with a Core2Duo E6750 (Overclocked) 3.2GHz, 2GB Ram etc...

I have no problems, but I am running Windows 7 Beta 1...

Have you guys considered updating your graphics card drivers? (or to windows 7 beta 1? XD)

I'm goin' to try that.
See ya late
@ James , im in the house , everything works again
Scawen , please read this. i think i found a new bug/problem on the z10 patch

i was on a cruise server and i was with the Shift+F4 screen option and i went to itunes to change my song. when i go back to LFS Z10 i type something to my friends and then maximise the screen , and it goes black. so then i close lfs and try to open it again ( still on z10 ). the file opens correctly but i get a black screen instead of the home menu and if i wait 10 seconds or so ( still blackscreen )there is a message that appears and it says '' Couldn't initialize the graphics ''.

it is the first bug/problem i ever had in z10

EDIT:

the samething just happend in patch Z !!!! OMG ! i want to kill myself !!!! i think i just managed to corrupt the files in my 2 lfs versions ! *jumps off a bridge*

EDIT 2:

i just solved the problem by re installing patch Z. but i am still interested in knowing why that happend.....
Quote from el pibe :
i just solved the problem by re installing patch Z. but i am still interested in knowing why that happend.....

Maybe just a corrupt file. Meh.

Might want to edit out "SCAWEN ZOMG READ THIS!" since it isn't a bug
Quote from el pibe :there is a message that appears and it says '' Couldn't initialize the graphics ''.

Happens to me once in a while, but I manage to fix the problem by simply restarting the computer. You've just wasted your time reinstalling.
It did not take that much time but i dont understand how u can corrupt a file just by changing the song i was listening to...... Anyway the prob is solved =]
trying the patched today, seems to be no problem. excepted the shadows seem to be not reflected to the car.[grumble on] try it on wireplay #2 server i think,and was promptly wrecked for being first, great first time back and we still got the children online.[/grumble off].
but that said it seems to work ok on the nvidia 7900gtx.tryed another server AW server didn't notice anything out of order in the car ,or track,except the above shadows.
the physics seem to be great,so much so i had to switched it down to 50% FFB
Hey! I got it (idea I mean), why wheels are flickering when changing color on pit:

maybe there is a problem about on FPS (Frames Per Second)...
...The FPS is very low on at pits, because I can see some unexpected lines, when I am turning car left side to right side. Maybe if 3DModel has got some unexpected fps error on while coding or there is framerate just too slow...

I tested to with fraps, and it captured fps only 4!!! only 4 frames per second...

I think this is possible why those are flickering colors on wheels while changing them.

And graphics are full what I can get

EDIT:

on 22 inches of full screen: 1680 * 1050 (32bit) = 4 FPS (60Hz)
on 22 inches of NOT full screen: 1680 * 1050 (32bit) = 9 FPS (60Hz)

on 22 inches of full screen: 800 * 600 (32bit) = 20 FPS but not smooth (75Hz) (same results on 60Hz)
on 22 inches of NOT full screen: 800 * 600 (32bit) = 20 FPS but not smooth (75Hz) (same results on 60Hz)

What have to say?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Hey! I got it (idea I mean), why wheels are flickering when changing color on pit:[snip]

FYI: Just mentioning the wheels flicker when I change their colour in the garage. (I don't mind) I get 39.4 FPS in the garage screen, the track select screen and the race entry screen. I usually get 80+ FPS (av. 140 FPS) in any on track situation. (But vSync'ed at 60 FPS)

9600GT and using enbSeries to get FPS readout

It looks to me like the shadow in the rim is refreshing/erasing/redrawing when the colour slider is moved for the rims.
Quote from JasonJ :FYI: Just mentioning the wheels flicker when I change their colour in the garage. I get 39.4 FPS in the garage screen, the track select screen and the race entry screen. I usually get 80+ FPS in any on track situation. (But vSync'ed at 60 FPS)

9600GT and using enbSeries to get FPS readout

yes! maybe that is the reason...I usually get captured more than 100FPS but on nVidia contro panel has performance setup. And I tried the car and track entry screen. I got 11 FPS and 23 FPS

EDIT: Yes I know, it has been before with low fps but not flickering colors on wheels
Crash
edit: due to poor fps rates i was switching to low res textures -> crashed immediately. i'll do a fresh install.

Lfs crashed, again

AppName: lfs.exe
AppVer: 0.0.0.0
ModName: d3d8.dll
ModVer 1.0.0.1
Offset: 0000527

It seems to do this while changing track or server. Hope this helps. I will continue testing.

Tried with the stable patch and it seems to work fine.

I hope Scawen notices this, as the thread has turned to a spam thread..

System: XP Pro SP2, Athlon 3000+, Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT, G25
-
(jjones) DELETED by jjones
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4958fd75
Fault Module Name: DINPUT8.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a672
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00015b7b
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1061
Additional Information 1: 64ea
Additional Information 2: cce9f653dd0f8eec446de52154d2f82d
Additional Information 3: 8dc8
Additional Information 4: 0a5bb3b56cc694b98e1f4a3a36903eec

Getting this while trying to open LFS.exe .
It's OK when i reboot my PC
E6300, 7600GT, 2gb DDR II, Vista Ultimate 32bit

Edit:: I found out that the game was crashing while FRAPS was open.
Fault Module Name: DINPUT8.dll < Not LFS fault, it is DirectInput, part of DirectX.
Thread cleaned AGAIN. It would be easier to close this thread but there are still bug reports being posted and they might be useful for Scawen, so this thread should stay open.

Post bug reports, on topic comments, or not at all. There are plenty of other places for you ask about progress and the Scirocco. Ideally not on the forums at all, since Scawen has already posted two sets of reasons for delays.
I have noticed that now after using Test patches, I have been timing out more often.

I have a 10mbit connection. 20 down and 5 up.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :I have noticed that now after using Test patches, I have been timing out more often.

Must be you. I have never noticed this. It could be your crappy Internet/PC or just servers with a high ping.
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :I have noticed that now after using Test patches, I have been timing out more often.

Same here, but i have noticed server kicks me out when host is changing lighting of next track
Quote from PioneerLv :Same here, but i have noticed server kicks me out when host is changing lighting of next track

CTRA I suppose?

Happens with Z too. Some experience that problem, some others do not, regardless of Z or Z10.
-
(Ruben_Drifter) DELETED by Ruben_Drifter

No problem here with my 1mb connection.
Quote from NightShift :CTRA I suppose?

Happens with Z too. Some experience that problem, some others do not, regardless of Z or Z10.

Yes!

I didn't had this annoying problem in previous LFS versions like X and Y.
It's been answered before.

When CTRA loads a new track, it often reloads it several times, most likely to do with layouts, weather, wind and the like.

It can't be your connection (unless it's terrible quality) because I never time out on track change, and I'm using a wireless home network connected to a 1mb AOL line! (that's 125kbps download and 35kpbs upload if I'm lucky!!).

Most likely cause is just that your computer/internet/combination struggles with the large chunk of data that CTRA throws at you, so it just kicks you off.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z10 (online compatible)
(533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG