The online racing simulator
ok thanks madcat
Haven't seen this bug posted elsewere, but quite a few people on the dSRC server had it the other night.

While racing the XRG on FE Gold. When exiting the pit screen the handbrake would not be on, causing us to roll forward into the pit lane. This happened to several people over the evening.

Quite a obvious bug imo, but I haven't seen it elsewhere.
Was racing the XRG at FEGold on a server the other day with U30 and didn't get this
I was there too and didn't experience it with the XFG () either

Too bad some jerk wrecked me on T1
Quote from mrbogeyman :This happened to several people over the evening.

I didn't say it happened to everyone. You might not have been there on the right night either.

All I can say is that it was definately happening to a few of us, at least at one particular point in the evening. Other than repeatedly pitting and exiting to check it was still happening, we didn't do any other tests over the evening to see if it went away or what it was caused by.
That's what I have sometimes , after U20..
Attached images
WE_bug.JPG
overclocked?
Quote from RudolfR :That's what I have sometimes , after U20..

Like Jak said...

I've seen that before... When I broke my nvidia by overclocking it. It was running about 25 degrees too hot for it to handle, so it started messing up these vertices.

I got a defective card that had the same problem without overclocking. So if it does this consistently with different games (although LFS is extremely prone to it), then you might want to see if a different videocard fixes it.
I got radeon 9550
Quote from RudolfR :That's what I have sometimes , after U20..

Quote from RudolfR :I got radeon 9550

This is either driver, or (more likely) overheating related. This has 100% nothing to do with the patches, and it happening since U20 is pure coincidence. Give your PC fans a quick check and clean them from dust, or if that still doesn't fix it, a replacement cooler might do the trick. I know my gfx card's cooler was undersized and couldn't keep the temperatures down enough. This resulted in the vertex shader messing up, and because this shader is responsible for polygon/vertex positioning, you see artefacts such as in your screenshot.
with u30 i get the error "can't render shadows" or something like that. mostly when on blackwood. after restarting the game the shadows are back.

don't know if it is related to u30 but i didn't had anything like that before updating
didnt knew were to put it so ill leave it here, yesterday i pressed spectate just when the server admin ended the race, i was left with a black screen and then an error report.
Attached images
Sem título.JPG
Differential sound gone?
Differential sound gone? Since updating from U20 -> U30, the high-pitched sound from a revving rear differentail is missing. Try for yourself = Make a gear setup, where the rear differential is 7.500 or highest possible. This no longer yelds a sound
Quote from MZWiZard :Differential sound gone? Since updating from U20 -> U30, the high-pitched sound from a revving rear differentail is missing. Try for yourself = Make a gear setup, where the rear differential is 7.500 or highest possible. This no longer yelds a sound

lfs never had transmission whine
That might have been the turbo spooling you were hearing, which only works when revving high enough.
AFAIK there was diff noise, not transmission whine. You could hear it on the FZR with a high final drive ratio. Haven't checked if its still there.
patch U30
scanned computer for fail dll and etc..

when in LFS the game freeze up..imige freeze and sound loops back about ½ sec continusly..cant leave the game..hard reboot the only sulusion.
when it happens there isnt any overheating at all..other games works fine.

no craschadress found

any more peps got this issue?
Quote from Easy_Mike :patch U30
when in LFS the game freeze up..imige freeze and sound loops back about ½ sec continusly..cant leave the game..hard reboot the only sulusion.

I'm running the test patches all the time and had NO crash of LFS ever.
Quote from MikeB :I'm running the test patches all the time and had NO crash of LFS ever.

im cluless...
running unpatched version now..played for 6 hours straight last night without issues.
Quote from Easy_Mike :patch U30
scanned computer for fail dll and etc..

no craschadress found

I think you need to rule out a problem with your machine first. Check the Event Log in XP (Right Click My Computer, Manage, Event Viewer) and see if you're getting red errors against hardware. You'll need to do some googling on the error messages.

Weird, cos I haven't had LFS crash to desktop on me once since I started playing over a year and half ago.
Scawen, Please update Master Server - "The Server is running another LFS Version"

EDIT: Never mind, sorry - did not notice I did not unlock
i have a problem! i can´t unlock my account! There stand password must have 8 letters,but i have less
Erm, just go to the main site, login (if you aren't already) and change your GAMEpassword?
Quote from LFSn00b :Before i download this, can you put some more unlocks to me? I know, i should email, but please

Please, people, DO NOT ask for unlocks here. It will take me so long to clean up the thread if you start using it as technical support.

You probably don't need to unlock again, I didn't.

This thread is ONLY to report on the test patch. We are going public version V in a few days so this needs a good testing. In the next couple of days I'll put some things up to test the auto update system.
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG