The online racing simulator
I got an LFS crash to desktop at last night's LXCC event just as the qualifying was started. I hadn't realised I was running U29 before this though, but it may also be a U30 thing.
Attached images
LFS Crash.JPG
Quote from joshdifabio :Would it be possible to have the option to disable the effects of g-forces or have them seperately configurable for custom cameras?

As it happens, I have done a little work on the view options already for the next patch, and there was an old bug / request about the head G shift being too much at some times in the powerful cars - so it was a good time to add this option. Thank you, it's now done in my version (you can switch it off in any custom camera).

Don't take it personally that Bob asked you not to make any feature requests - he was just trying to make sure this thread doesn't turn into feature requests again, as people do seem to wrongly get the idea that this is an off topic feature request thread at times.

I'm really on the case trying to get to Patch V...
While I was testing a new set some days ago LFS frooze at the last turn before the chicane on AS3. Couldn't get to Windows or anything, so I waited for a bit, around 20-25 secs after LFS frooze it got working again. Now every button I had pushed during the freeze was catched by the computer (for lack of better wording, ie Esc brought up the menu in LFS, windows key gave me the start menu).

Saved the replay of this and it showed me lagging for about 25 seconds, at the same point as the freeze occured.

No overclocking, nothing running the background.

What could have happend here?
What would cause me to lag like that when the when I'm joining from the host?

Attached a replay, around 1 minute 30 seconds in too it.
Attached files
crash.mpr - 19.3 KB - 276 views
Quote from Scawen :I'm really on the case trying to get to Patch V...

:clapclap:

Quote from DanneDA :While I was testing a new set some days ago LFS frooze at the last turn before the chicane on AS3. Couldn't get to Windows or anything, so I waited for a bit, around 20-25 secs after LFS frooze it got working again. Now every button I had pushed during the freeze was catched by the computer (for lack of better wording, ie Esc brought up the menu in LFS, windows key gave me the start menu).

Saved the replay of this and it showed me lagging for about 25 seconds, at the same point as the freeze occured.

No overclocking, nothing running the background.

What could have happend here?
What would cause me to lag like that when the when I'm joining from the host?

Attached a replay, around 1 minute 30 seconds in too it.

Post here only things related to the latest test patches.

This you should post this in the Bugs forum or technical assistance, since there's nothing to suggest that this is U30 related bug. Are you even using U30 or U?
Quote from Scawen :As it happens, I have done a little work on the view options already for the next patch, and there was an old bug / request about the head G shift being too much at some times in the powerful cars - so it was a good time to add this option. Thank you, it's now done in my version (you can switch it off in any custom camera).

Don't take it personally that Bob asked you not to make any feature requests - he was just trying to make sure this thread doesn't turn into feature requests again, as people do seem to wrongly get the idea that this is an off topic feature request thread at times.

I'm really on the case trying to get to Patch V...

Thanks, that's much appreciated. I'm sure bob was just trying to be helpful.

Thanks, Josh
Quote from DanneDA :While I was testing a new set some days ago LFS frooze at the last turn before the chicane on AS3. Couldn't get to Windows or anything, so I waited for a bit, around 20-25 secs after LFS frooze it got working again. Now every button I had pushed during the freeze was catched by the computer (for lack of better wording, ie Esc brought up the menu in LFS, windows key gave me the start menu).

Sounds a lot like overheating to me. Most CPU's slow down when they get too hot and go back to full speed once they have cooled down. You can use SPEEDFAN to monitor and log your CPU temp.
Using U30, no overheating.

After test patch U15-U20 or so, I started getting some bugs like this. No other patch before them have I had any problem like this, LFS have never crashed before using the test patches, now I have had several. Nothing else has changed about the computer.

Also, got "DIERR_HANDLEEXISTS" while swtiching between LFS and Windows while testing new suspension settings, message popped up a couple of times I believe when LFS had been Shift+F4:ed unfocused and then focused again (no Shift-F4:ing).
Crackling of sounds related to echoes fixed now in U30
Crackling of sounds related to echoes, which was meant to be fixed in patch U25 (or so) still was there in previous patches. I was quiet since I realised I am not alone with this problem and also Scawen was apparently working on some major change of the sound system.
I just wanted to mention that now, with U30 patch, the sound is absolutely clean. Everything sounds excellent in every situation, on both computers I play LFS on. Great job Scawen, thanks!

(both computers running Windows XP, one with SoundBlaster Live, other is HP workstation with built in Realtek HD Audio, no Vista machines)

I do think this could be related to a calculation in the echo system which I have eliminated in my version. So don't worry about it, but please test U31 on the same track when it comes out hopefully in about a week from now.
i have u30 patch. I download drift setting on inferno home page. I put them in the settign folder, nut when i enter the game and go to the car i don't see any settings!! why? it's a partch proiblem or i put the settings in the wrong folder?
did u change name?
Quote from Andy S2K :i have u30 patch. I download drift setting on inferno home page. I put them in the settign folder, nut when i enter the game and go to the car i don't see any settings!! why? it's a partch proiblem or i put the settings in the wrong folder?

Are you 100% sure, of the name of the car
I sometimes get the fxr, when I come for xfr
additional to duke_toasters idea, maybe a /lookat 1 would look at the leader?
Indeed what I meant.
Hi,
Just wanted to ask if anyone noticed that if you start a single player race, there is no count down timer and the race just starts, which cause cars behind you to hit you all the time. Maybe im missing a setting in options?

Thanks
You must set a lap count. If it is set to "practice", then the race will start immediately.
Every time I switch out of LFS (shift + F4) and return back into the sim my wheel needs recalibrating again. I don't remember having this problem in patch U.

Microsoft sidewinder ff wheel
Quote from abz1 :Every time I switch out of LFS (shift + F4) and return back into the sim my wheel needs recalibrating again. I don't remember having this problem in patch U.

Microsoft sidewinder ff wheel

You just need to enable calibration lock (once you have it calibrated) under Controls -> Axes/FF.
problem fixed, thanks axus.
the patch is great. minor problems are I keep getting a lost connection error to a lot of hosts.
Quote from HondaCivicSI :the patch is great. minor problems are I keep getting a lost connection error to a lot of hosts.

It's probably just you
U30 Invisible bug
Didnt know where i should post this , With problem being on a patchU30 i thought here was best place to start.

I have a strange problem , has only happened since using U30 for me After a while (hour or more ) being on server i become invisible on the track, apperantley to others , i seem to be in the pits , this has happened 4 times now and seems to occur after a prolonged time on a server ( has happened on 3 times on team [dSRC] servers and on STCC server also. There is no lag shown for myself or others.

Below is one of the replays i have caught , but ive watched (and some really bad driving ) and doesnt seem to be a problem.

http://demoncomputers.pwp.blue ... k/stuff/LFS/invisible.mpr

any ideas?
@Gener_AL: it would be interesting to see the replays of the other racers on the server and see if they look like the one you recorded.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Didnt know where i should post this , With problem being on a patchU30 i thought here was best place to start.

I have a strange problem , has only happened since using U30 for me After a while (hour or more ) being on server i become invisible on the track, apperantley to others , i seem to be in the pits , this has happened 4 times now and seems to occur after a prolonged time on a server ( has happened on 3 times on team [dSRC] servers and on STCC server also. There is no lag shown for myself or others.

Below is one of the replays i have caught , but ive watched (and some really bad driving ) and doesnt seem to be a problem.

http://demoncomputers.pwp.blue ... k/stuff/LFS/invisible.mpr

any ideas?

I can confirm that this happened to me once or twice before U30.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how I fixed it, the problem just never appeared again.....
This thread is closed

Cleanup : Posts moved here after processing
(1871 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG