The online racing simulator
Quote from jtw62074 :For the most part, yes, that's indeed right. That should be the predominate thing you hear, especially at low speeds.

Ok, well this is exactly why LFS sounds so much better at low speed than anything else. I really am starting to see what people have been saying - that the engine sound... engine in LFS needs to do some things different as revs increase. I have not heard U33 yet (at work :hide.
Quote from Flycantbird :
Where do you see this ? Do I have to load previous test patches to try 33 ?

It's implemented in Patch 32

Quote from Flycantbird : If i copy my LFS folder to a second folder, I'll just use one unlock for the U33 update, and can delete that folder if I want to revert to the old version I've been playing - is this correct ?

Should do the trick yes.

Quote from Flycantbird : Sorry, I'm out of the loop, just looking for info that I don't think is clear in the thread.

No need to say sorry for that, I understand you might be a bit scared to try out new patches, especially with such long threads about it! But you can always revert back if you have the old one backed up somewhere.
Quote from Flycantbird :I've only been reading about the patches of late, and am confused about the auto update.

The auto-updater is only included in U32 and higher. You don't have to install all of the test patches up to U33, but you won't see the auto-updater unless you have at least U32 installed.

Quote :If i copy my LFS folder to a second folder, I'll just use one unlock for the U33 update, and can delete that folder if I want to revert to the old version I've been playing - is this correct ?

Yes. You can have multiple installs at once since LFS is self-contained in its own directory. So, try out U33 (or U32 if you wanna see how the auto-updater works) and if you don't like it you can always play your other, older copy.
Quote from GeForz :First post.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

U32: Small map is now never shown on the left if right is selected

Hmm,thats too bad,i liked how it changed sides,so i guess ill have to return to doing it manually^^
todd could you pls answer my questions earlier in the thread ?

Quote from Flycantbird :I haven't uploaded any of the test patchs, still running u.05 ( i believe )...the last big update.

I've only been reading about the patches of late, and am confused about the auto update.

If i copy my LFS folder to a second folder, I'll just use one unlock for the U33 update, and can delete that folder if I want to revert to the old version I've been playing - is this correct ?

Anyway, with the rumors of a non-test patch coming, I've been hesitant to try the test patches for whatever reason. I do fear they big patch might be a bit longer in it's release, if there are troubles ( not complaining, this is how it should be handled, imho)...I would like to try U33, but not lose the ability to revert easily.

Sorry, I'm out of the loop, just looking for info that I don't think is clear in the thread.

ok for you and anybody in this thread who doesnt have any expierence with this sort of thing

1. you can have as many unlocked copies of lfs on your pc as you want just unlock it once and copy the unlocked folder
2. lfs folders are completely containd within themselves ... that means you can have as many different versions of lfs floating around on your disks as you like
3. you can unlock as many copies of lfs as you like if you have another copy of lfs that was unlocked on the same pc and/or windows installation (assuming both use the same unlocking method ... in other words with any pq version you can unlock all other pq installs on your pc with any pre u32 version you can unlock any stu version and with any u32+ version you will be able to unlock any upcoming version until scawen changes the system again) to do this you have to copy the contets of you /data/misc folder from the unlocked copy to the /data/misc folder of a locked copy - note you cant crack lfs that way it only works on the same poc and winsowsinstallation you unlocked the first lfs folder on
Quote from Flycantbird :I

You need U32 since that where the auto-update feature was added

Just back up your entire LFS, install U33 and if you don't like it - play from the other folder or whatever.

edit: pwned by Vain edit2: AND cueball AND flippy Pure pwnage.
I dont really know why, but my skid sounds were very low as i put U32, now with U33 it seems a bit louder, but it is still very hard to ear the skid, have engine sounds at about 5% of the slider and the skid sound at 100% and still the engine is louder than the skid sound, even with a diferent skid sound it still is very low.

This is very important to me because i use skid sounds to judge if i am going to crash or not xD. BTW, have to brake alot on the turns and cant drift because of this .

Apart from controler changes and stuff from the patch i had before U32 (maybe U30 ? or 28) and of wich i can easily adapt thats all i have to complain about, everything else is great , the new speedo is kinda hard to get used to, but i only use it alot on City Driving, so.
Wow, some great improvements going now.

The BF1 is a massive improvement, and sounds PERFECT yes PERFECT at medium revs, becoming slightly synthetic at high revs, but still impressive.
Some of the sounds are more meaty now - GTR's.

If I were to give more suggestions (post U33):

- All road car engines should be quieter except for the UF1 and the LX's
- All road cars should have quieter drivetrains except for the UF1 and the LX's
- UF1 should sound a bit more raw - there is little padding / sound proofing etc in a mini
- UF1, LX's, and all race cars should have a bit of the "BF1 treatment", i.e. do to them what you did to the BF1 (not to the same extent though), so they are more raw and screaming, not muffled
- Make the BF1 even more raspy at high revs
- Increase the volume of the BF1 engine (it has 700+ bhp and is still barely louder than the XRT for crying out loud)
- I like the difference in volume of the gearchanges of the race cars vs the road cars, but they should be more bass'y, thuddy
- Drivetrain noise should have a bit more power - bass
- Give me access to the sound system so I can get my hands on it just kidding

But still a billion times better than U32. I can now give up on CSR.
Quote from SamH :BF1 sounds much more fun! I just drove a 3 lap single player, then watched the replay track-side.

There definitely needs to be less (i.e. almost no) wind noise, track-side. As the BF1 goes past, I heard wind noise as if I were in the car, but that's not right because.. well.. my ears aren't moving through the air, and the wind bluster should be relative to the motion of the driver or spectator rather than the car's motion/speed.

Apart from that, although I agree with Tristan that the engine is more "screamy" in-car than I'd have expected, it definitely sounds much more like it did at Donington when watching the Renault F1 go for a romp. Big up!

I think "almost no wind noise" would be wrong: link
But I think it's not the right sound and maybe does carry too far in open spaces.

I think generally the F1 sound is better. The tone matches the rpm better now, but it's still lacking a bit of bark. Too smooth.
Hiya. U33 autoupdater working great!!!!!! havent found any bug. But i would like to say, i think its good idea to move update button from multiplayer page to front page where it say S2 button / username area?

Jay
Quote from vrooom :Hiya. U33 autoupdater working great!!!!!! havent found any bug. But i would like to say, i think its good idea to move update button from multiplayer page to front page where it say S2 button / username area?

Jay

+1

Perhaps have a button there called 'Check for update', in addition to the current functionality of checking for the update when clicking on the 'Get server list' button.
I thought the patch was very slick loading how it did.. I think its where it is because you have to be connected to the server

BF1 is back on track, not perfect but the patch clearly states that. (it should get scarier sounding, etc...:schwitz

It's clear the comments are in the process of being attended to, as per usual
Just tried the new U33 sounds, and while the U32 ones were "ok" after some racing and adjusting to, I really like these now. Great job!
Engine sounds are great! Keep up the good work 'The 3'
erm... I don't get it, where is U33? I've checked the first page and there's only U32.
Quote from StanleyCarter :erm... I don't get it, where is U33? I've checked the first page and there's only U32.

Download U32. Once you have it installed, run it and go to Multiplayer -> List of Games. You will be notified of a patch and be asked if you want to download it. This will update LFS automatically. You will never have to manually download a patch again.

EDIT about sound: I really think that what Todd said about variation of the waveform with RPM needs to be looked into, don't think there's enough of that atm.
Quote from axus :Download U32. Once you have it installed, run it and go to Multiplayer -> List of Games. You will be notified of a patch and be asked if you want to download it. This will update LFS automatically. You will never have to manually download a patch again.

Thank you very much axus.

update: Ok I've just downloaded U32 and upgraded to U33 using the new autoupdater feature.

Now with the new sounds, I have one question:
Is the dumpvalve/blowoff sound from the turbo cars been taken out?

I was testing out the new sounds using the XRT, I can hear the "hissing" sound while revving up, but when I let go of the throttle, I don't hear the dumpvalve sound anymore, is that normal?
Quote from sidi :Updater works great Skid volume boost still to low for me.

If you turn you speakers up really loud, turn the engine volume down a bit and crank the rest to full, you get a very loud skid compared to U32
Just had another listen to the FZR... when driving it really hard, it sounds like its cruising really loudly. Its a bit boring really. Then the revs accidentally slipped higher, a bit into the redline, but gently because my foot wasn't all the way down. It sounded like the RWOAOAWOROAR I wanted to hear was starting to develop.
So just drive over the redline all the time
Great work guys. All other updates since like 15 (when i stopped) didnt work but this is gd and im enjoying it to the fullest. Nice 2 see developments! Keep it up!
Quote from Scawen :I think that may be a translation error.

The message you see is "TryING again with using www.liveforspeed.net"

It's trying again, automatically, using the main site backup when a mirror fails. It's not prompting you to try again.

Whoops, read it too fast - fixed that for the greek translation.
Great work Scawen, thx!
Nice update guys and great work!!

Thanks a lot to the developers and the community
Quote from Scawen :Hello all.

I've put an update on the automatic update system.

If you run LFS and click on List of Games, you'll be given the option to download the update.

Changes :

Higher Wind and Skid boost volumes (default and maximum)
Small changes to system improving all car engines just a little
An updated BF1 engine sound file (not finished but better)

FIX : Autocross editor did not show "Set as default" button
FIX : Repeated clicking sound while loading cars in garage
FIX : Channel screen brought up a background while in game

Download :

No download, just click List of Games inside LFS

AWESOME
This thread is closed

OLD test patch thread, up to U35
(851 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG