The online racing simulator
New Test Patch U32
With Automatic Update System and Improved Sounds.

See first post of thread for download link.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Oooooooohhhhh

Sauber doesn't sound like it revs to 19000rpm, sounds too much like 8000rpm to me. But the rest of the sounds are quite nice, a bit too 'plastic' and samey, but not bad, and nicer than before generally.
Had to unlock again, is this expected?

E: Oh god, everything sounds so different!
Yes, about half of you will need to unlock again because of an unlocking bug fix.
Quote from Yesterday I said :I just wish Scawen would turn up tomorrow and say, here's U31 - it's got all new sounds - enjoy.

I just wish Scawen would turn up tomorrow and say, here's a million quid Becky - enjoy.
Yeah I noticed you had foreseen this in your crystal ball!
^lol

Oh god we have gearshift clonks :hyper:
E: Darn I'm an idiot. Next time I should back up my road/sequential/paddle configs
Downloading Now
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Scawen, please make the engine sound a bit more quiet. I can not hear my car getting damaged or sliding any more (which is a bit problematic for me driving a wheel without FFB). The engine is definitely a bit too loud / The other car sounds are too quiet.

Greetings.

BTW: A great job you did with the sound system. Really sounds awesome. Anyways, I have a question: Why do I hear the noise of a supercharger in cars that do not have one (i.e. FZR)?
Quote from St4Lk3R :Scawen, please make the engine sound a bit more quiet. I can not hear my car getting damaged or sliding any more (which is a bit problematic for me driving a wheel without FFB). The engine is definitely a bit too loud / The other car sounds are too quiet.

Greetings.

BTW: A great job you did with the sound system. Really sounds awesome. Anyways, I have a question: Why do I hear the noise of a supercharger in cars that do not have one (i.e. FZR)?

Turn up your skid volume boost in your audio options if you want louder skids.

You are not hearing a supercharger or a turbocharger, you are hearng the whine of straight-cut gears. They are stronger gears used in race cars but they are not used in road cars because they are noisy.
GTR's sound reasonable, but TBO's are quite intollerable. I think for the moment i'm going to stay with U30 but i'm looking forward to see how this new system progresses.
#63 - axus
Thanks! The improved interface looks much better. The sounds are very gnarly if the GTT is anything to go by. Love the gear whine and the gear change sounds.
Bummer, the gearchange clonk doesn't seem to be a separate wav
I would've liked it a bit louder...
A great step forward and weeks well spent but are you planning to add exhaust sounds? The updated engine and gearwhine sounds nice, but after playing around in all cars I somehow feel they sound more the same than before. There should be some differences made, and I think adding one more extra layer, the exhaust, could maybe make the cars a bit more unique. After all, it's the exhaust which is the loudest to outside isn't that correct? And I feel the BF1 has lost some of the high pitched sound F1 cars have highly owling exhaust could make that better too?

But good job, like always, that whine does adds a lot
YEEY! A new testpatch

tnx Scawen I almost love you
I started off in the UFR and when spinning off the line the gear whine sounded weird, it was like a high pitches screetching noise, but it sounded better than previous.

Alot of the cars have been improoved but the BF1 has gone way back, sounds like the "Atari Pole position" game, it really does sound awfull.

But I can say there is more good than bad in the new sounds, like the FZ5 sounds or the LX4, sounds great.

The FXO sounds really off though, it's like a Porsche Boxster sound or something, same with the FXR, bit of a let down.
Quote from Scawen :Turn up your skid volume boost in your audio options if you want louder skids.

even with the boost set to its maximum the skid sounds are barely audible
-
(KiDCoDEa) DELETED by KiDCoDEa
If you want my opinion:

1. BF1 sounds as if the car is with pitlimiter on. Sound amplitude should be much higher. For me the old sound of bf1 was better.
2. There should be some separate and much stronger gear change voice for the cars.

Anyway thanks for improvements.
Quote from Becky Rose :GTR's sound reasonable, but TBO's are quite intollerable. I think for the moment i'm going to stay with U30 but i'm looking forward to see how this new system progresses.

What about constructive criticism to help the system to progress? If the devs don't know what's wrong they cannot improve it.
Quote from Becky Rose :GTR's sound reasonable, but TBO's are quite intollerable. I think for the moment i'm going to stay with U30 but i'm looking forward to see how this new system progresses.

intollerable.. thanks for this "usefull" input :
Quote from Shotglass :even with the boost set to its maximum the skid sounds are barely audible

Same probleme there, workaround :
I set engine volume to 5 and skids to max, and then i increase my speakers volumes
Just a question: is it on purpose that the wind sound is tuned down so much? With it set to max it is still very hard to hear. In the old versions I had it quite high since it added a lot of grunt and noise. Now it is more like a breeze'ish sound

I do like the new sounds though They sound more complete.
I'm sorry to say this but imho it sounds bad, even worse than it did. Accelerating the UFR from a standstill for example. And all the cars sound way too similar... I'm all for the gearbox sound whines but it just doesn't sound good. A moped is what I hear with U32.

What LFS sounds lack before this patch and after it is the engine tone on the higher revs. It lacks all the exciting noise that makes an engine sound an engine.

Sorry, I'm sticking whit the U version, (or the U30). I kndly ask you to work little more with the sound, please

EDIT: after a whole night trying to like the new sounds I just have to admit that there is no way I can like them. ...
EDIT2: took the harsh words out
I got a graphics problem, textures aren't being applied in full screen (see att.). Changing resolution alt-tab doesn't work, only workaround I've found so far is to run in windowed mode, which doesn't have the same problem. I have the same graphics driver as I've used previously in several other test patches with no problem, but who knows.. Never had this problem before.

*edit: It first got fixed when I restarted my PC and ran LFS. I then quit it, re-opened LFS and it happened again.

*edit2: This happens in other games too, it is *not* an LFS issue
Attached images
texture_problem_u32.JPG
This thread is closed

OLD test patch thread, up to U35
(851 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG