The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6Q3 (now Q9)
(298 posts, closed, started )
As the new lock requires an incompatible patch, do you guys(everyone) think that concrete objects should have a little more grip? I don't know, maybe like 10% or something? They're quite slippery compared to normal road and people use these objects to "simulate" new road layouts. So i think it would be useful if rest people agree as well.
Quote from Scawen :But, to help me, can you tell me exactly which cars need more steering angle to help with drift and how much that extra angle should be? It really must remain within the realms of "realistic" and I guess that means it should not include any cars with front drive.

Sorry for a such bump and offtopic, but instead of tune current cars (and probably ruin hotlaps), better to add "D-Spec" cars? I mean the same chassis' but slightly tuned, like drift cars is. Wider wheels, a little bit more power and steering angle. ~310hp on 235f/245r wheels and 45 degrees of lock is perfect setup. Also can be released as S3 content, so people who bought it will have something besides Rockingham and will motivate those who still didn't. Talking about model, you can run a competition so 3d artists from community will be able to show off their skills.

P.S. just my two cents.
I feel big suprice comming Nod
Quote from DarkKostas :As the new lock requires an incompatible patch, do you guys(everyone) think that concrete objects should have a little more grip? I don't know, maybe like 10% or something? They're quite slippery compared to normal road and people use these objects to "simulate" new road layouts. So i think it would be useful if rest people agree as well.

in real life, concrete is also ALOT more slippery compared to tarmac...

That's why it has suggested before: Tarmac objects, or possibility to change grip value on each object

EDIT: time to sleep! --->
May I ask why in external view, map changes to black insted of being white like in others view?

It's a bit hard to check map in some zones of map...

Apart from this, nice update!
Attached images
lfs_00000202.jpg
Quote from borja_s13 :May I ask why in external view, map changes to black insted of being white like in others view?

Options>Display>Interface

There you go!
Quote from MandulAA :Yep it does persist between a Q and a R session, also between multiple race sessions. Tested on WE1 offline.

Quote from Scawen :The rubber resets now take place on these events:

- Exit from in-game
- Start or restart replay

Excellent, thank you.
Quote from Gr1jkeeRU :Sorry for a such bump and offtopic, but instead of tune current cars (and probably ruin hotlaps), better to add "D-Spec" cars? I mean the same chassis' but slightly tuned, like drift cars is. Wider wheels, a little bit more power and steering angle. ~310hp on 235f/245r wheels and 45 degrees of lock is perfect setup. Also can be released as S3 content, so people who bought it will have something besides Rockingham and will motivate those who still didn't. Talking about model, you can run a competition so 3d artists from community will be able to show off their skills.

P.S. just my two cents.

Or here's my other idea - each car to have a drop down menu with different options - track/drift/rally.Each option will have different tires/suspension/look etc.Setups will stay,but you will create the different setups under each of these options.This way hotlaps should stay.
I pray for the realistic limited set up of the car setup that was once supposed to be implemented.

Scawen, please, could it be possible to have it as a part of the incompatible patch?
Small map rotation doesn't seem to work any more.
Quote from Gr1jkeeRU :Sorry for a such bump and offtopic, but instead of tune current cars (and probably ruin hotlaps), better to add "D-Spec" cars? I mean the same chassis' but slightly tuned, like drift cars is. Wider wheels, a little bit more power and steering angle. ~310hp on 235f/245r wheels and 45 degrees of lock is perfect setup. Also can be released as S3 content, so people who bought it will have something besides Rockingham and will motivate those who still didn't. Talking about model, you can run a competition so 3d artists from community will be able to show off their skills.

P.S. just my two cents.

The devs wont be adding any new content before the tyre physics and even then they already have a ton of stuff planned.
Quote from PeterN :Small map rotation doesn't seem to work any more.

It doesn't work on open configs only, but yes, I guess it should work there too?
Quote from Sobis :Options>Display>Interface

There you go!

I didn't changed this value at any time. Maybe it comes changed with update, but lot of thanks for your help, I changed it to white, thanks <3

--

From other side, I noticed that Westhill minimap have small white line at the top of it.
Attached images
linea.jpg
Quote from borja_s13 :I didn't changed this value at any time. Maybe it comes changed with update, but lot of thanks for your help, I changed it to white, thanks <3

--

From other side, I noticed that Westhill minimap have small white line at the top of it.

It's always been like that. In internal view it is white because door frames are black, externeal view uses black to contrast more with the blue or cloudy sky.
Quote from Scawen :...
New map view for open configurations and track selection screen

That's sexy !! Thumbs up
Quote from Scawen :Yeah, I don't want to spoil the fun...

Ya rightUhmm good move Thumbs up
Quote from RC-Maus :I feel big suprice comming Nod

I feel the same
Quote :Changes from 0.6Q3 to 0.6Q5 :

New map view for open configurations and track selection screen
Skid marks now remain when race restarts (excluding replays)
Skid marks are now visible on unmovable layout objects

FIX : Missing part of shadows at rear of LX4 and LX6
FIX : Shadows seen from a distance were not affected by haze effect

Neat improvements Thumbs up Concerning the new mini-map, CTRL + SHIFT shows the current time as well as the playername. What about displaying the new mini-map as a maxi-map taking the whole screen when pressing CTRL + SHIFT instead? Perhaps making it possible to choose what happens when pressing CTRL + SHIFT in the options: time & playername or map. In full screen there might also be enough room to show the playername together with the arrow?
Make on the mini map yellow flag zones.
Look like this:
Quote from mmaa623 :Make on the mini map yellow flag zones.
Look like this:

A demo user that made a good suggestion. I've seen it all... Nod
Quote from mbutcher :A demo user that made a good suggestion. I've seen it all... Nod

It can't be real... can it...? Looking
You could create some kind of penalty system for overtaking under yellow flag.
This is a task for InSim, open layout doesn't have yellow flag on it's own because node/path system and speed data is missing so it's quite limited anyway.

Talking about minimaps, it would be cool to be able to attach an InSim action to RMB if you click on a car arrow. This is handy for streaming where you can immediately can switch to a different camera perspective in a situation that an accident is happening but it's unknown on that moment what name this racer has. I can imagine some admin functionality as well with an InSim menu popping up about the conn_ID of this player.

Be able to influence the colors would be nice also. In case of multiclass racing. GTR and GT2 colored green and red, leaders different colors (overruled and managed by InSim).. If something dangerous is going on you can make the arrow flash by alternating the color by InSim. And probably some more fun stuff which I cannot even think of.. Let one arrow flash others need to chase/seek this person, that kind of concepts.
Quote from borja_s13 :May I ask why in external view, map changes to black insted of being white like in others view?

I think the best would be to have (configurable maybe?) outlines with opposing color (white map + dark grey outline, for example), that's the only way to make it work in all those tricky cases -- you can have both dark and light backgrounds, especially if you combine tunnels and bright sky.

And off the topic, are there any plans with layouts? More objects or precision? For couple years already I keep hoping for some kind of kerb object in layout editor, because using concrete or speed bumps does not really work for all the scenarios.
Quote from Simpson :You could create some kind of penalty system for overtaking under yellow flag.

Yeah. I thing illegal overtakes pelnaty sistem. I thing pelnaties are: drive throght, stop-go. 5-10 seconds pelnaties.
Look like this:
Probably been suggested multiple times, but, it would be awesome if we could create custom minimaps for layouts we have created!
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q3 (now Q9)
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG