The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6Q3 (now Q9)
(298 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Flotch :Tested => no issue for me. Works fine.

+1. Have found no issues either
Oh no, one of the most LFS-unique bugs is gone Frown

I took a trip down the memory lane and watched some of my old endurance replays and would like to ask if it's possible to add a function to use /setlap to override position order in multiplayer replays to sort out problems with timeout'd players. Even better if you could write your changes with mpr timestamps to some external file so that there's no need to change things all over again.

Wishful thinking from my side, again, probably. Uhmm
0.6Q3 - strange flickering on dashboard in XFG, South City Chicane Route (SO6), Overcast Day.
It probably has something to do with the shadows/lights of the pits, because when I reached the end of the pit buildings on the right, the flickering stopped. I don't really know if this bug is new with 0.6Q3 or not.
Quote from MandulAA :I don't really know if this bug is new with 0.6Q3 or not.

It is not. Wink And it's not flickering, there is just some point lights there, don't know why.
Quote from MandulAA :0.6Q3 - strange flickering on dashboard in XFG, South City Chicane Route (SO6), Overcast Day.
It probably has something to do with the shadows/lights of the pits, because when I reached the end of the pit buildings on the right, the flickering stopped. I don't really know if this bug is new with 0.6Q3 or not.

I replicated it on 0.6Q so it's not new to this test patch.
Quote from mbutcher :I replicated it on 0.6Q so it's not new to this test patch.

Can confirm, also happens in Aston near the pitlane.
Quote from nacim :It is not. Wink And it's not flickering, there is just some point lights there, don't know why.

It rather looks like shadow glitches there, like if you're driving on the edge of shadowed area.

BTW, I found no bugs with Q3 so far.
-
(Tvix1) DELETED by Tvix1 : Bad post.
Hello, Scawen, nice to see good progress with LFS. Smile
Maybe in the near future you're planning to add some new objects for layouts?
And perhaps you're planning to increase the maximum number of objects allowed (in a range from 2500 to 3000, for example)? Smile
Quote from Tvix1 :Hello, Scawen, nice to see good progress with LFS. Smile
And perhaps you're planning to increase the maximum number of objects allowed (in a range from 2500 to 3000, for example)? Smile

I'm sure he have read these suggestions from various users, including me.

We just wait!
Quote from Tvix1 :Hello, Scawen, nice to see good progress with LFS. Smile

It's bad idea becouse AU1 in LFS looks like minecraft game now..
Quote from jujek :It's bad idea becouse AU1 in LFS looks like minecraft game now..

It's a fine idea. It looks minecraftish since we don't have a choice to use things like trees, buildings and so on so we have to build them yourself with these concrete blocks. It looks weird - yes, but who cares?
Back to patch: works fine for me. No issues was found.
Quote from Gr1jkeeRU :It's a fine idea. It looks minecraftish since we don't have a choice to use things like trees, buildings and so on so we have to build them yourself with these concrete blocks. It looks weird - yes, but who cares?
Back to patch: works fine for me. No issues was found.

I second this.

As long as you find it entertaining, the look of it isn't in that top priority, but I do also understand, that there is also people who likes to put effort on it's look. With more objects actually, you could make it look less "minecraftish".

Maybe smooth bridges or generally smooth, elevated objects would do very fine.

Autocross layouts are kinda it's own genre and should not be mixed up with custom model tracks, regardless of any. If new tracks are the salt of entertaining, autocross layout objects are more like spice.

EDIT: Yeah, more route marker objects, more objects in generally, more elevation of objects, increase object limit and increase the maximum height of objects being added, and I guess we are going to have good times for long time! But the most importantly, Ramp object in Concrete section, 0,25 is a bit too rough for BF1. Halving this to 0,125 would do fine, or 32x32 objects would also go it's job. Or why not both.

I guess this discussion here though is irrelevant here, and as I mentioned, devs for sure knows these suggestions.
OFF-TOPIC:

If this is an appropriate time to squeeze in some more InSim improvements. Reporting the line id (https://www.lfs.net/lfs_transl ... n_viewer.php?lang=English) of a system button clicked would be useful (going from the garage setup screen to the car selection screen would be detectable for example). The issue seen in the screenshots below would be preventable as the "Car" and "OK" button clicks would be reported.
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
lfs_00000002.jpg
I noticed that the walls on RO configurations have strange shadows. Seems that those postes are making shadow to the barrier when should not do it.
Attached images
lfs_00000193.jpg
lfs_00000194.jpg
After using this testpatch without any trouble since release day,today I launched the stable version for hotlapping purpose and got this message when joining track:
Quote :error X3501: 'ps_1_shadow_main': entrypoint not found

And no shadow under car was drawn.
Is this normal due shadowing changes?
Quote from Eclipsed :Is this normal due shadowing changes?

I think it's normal as this error comes up in 0.6Q. I guess the new shadow system isn't compatible with the last stable version.
That will be due to the new shadow shaders.

I think it will work as expected if you use the shaders in the attached zip.
Attached files
old_shadow_shaders.zip - 1.9 KB - 430 views
Quote from Scawen :That will be due to the new shadow shaders.

I think it will work as expected if you use the shaders in the attached zip.

Sorry, for off topic, Scawen. Is it possible to make a little more adjustment for steering angle for rear wheel drive cars? As you already know how big drifting community is in LFS. Maybe just a few more degrees. It will not affect grip racing and mess with hotlaps. But it will help LFS drifters a lot, and will bring new emotions.

thank you
Quote from SergoMorello :Sorry, for off topic, Scawen. Is it possible to make a little more adjustment for steering angle for rear wheel drive cars? As you already know how big drifting community is in LFS. Maybe just a few more degrees. It will not affect grip racing and mess with hotlaps. But it will help LFS drifters a lot, and will bring new emotions.

thank you

+1000
Quote from SergoMorello :Sorry, for off topic, Scawen. Is it possible to make a little more adjustment for steering angle for rear wheel drive cars? As you already know how big drifting community is in LFS. Maybe just a few more degrees. It will not affect grip racing and mess with hotlaps. But it will help LFS drifters a lot, and will bring new emotions.

thank you

+1

thank you

+1 yeah, in lfs not enough stuff for drifting

thank you

+1

thank you

+999

thank you

+1
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q3 (now Q9)
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG