The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6Q3 (now Q9)
(298 posts, closed, started )
Thanks, but if you could show me a SPR or MPR that shows this bug, that would be more helpful. Because I think these bugs don't normally show up when you drive the usual way round the track.

MPR is best because I can run it in the debugger. You don't eveb need to join a server, if you start your own local host, and drive round as a single player in multiplayer mode, then save the MPR after you've seen the bug.
First replay shows both the roundabout and bridge I posted videos of.

Second replay shows the one from crazyboy's second image - I haven't been able to reproduce the other one.
Attached files
WE1Y_RA & Bridge1.mpr - 35.5 KB - 508 views
WE1Y_Bridge2.mpr - 13.8 KB - 541 views
-
(crazyboy232) DELETED by crazyboy232 : There is already answer :)
Thanks! Smile
Is it possible to include download links for older test patches? Like 0.6Q6 or older
Quote from RipstiE :Is it possible to include download links for older test patches? Like 0.6Q6 or older

You can change the url manually to fetch Q6 by simply replacing a number. This trick usually works at least for the duration of test patch period.
Quote from Nilex :You can change the url manually to fetch Q6 by simply replacing a number. This trick usually works at least for the duration of test patch period.

Thanks a lot! I tried it with way older versions but it works only for the current test patch as you said.
As you probably know, building layouts on autocross and bl car park and so on is very popular. I remember back in patch Z28 we were able to add that tall grass to layouts. Is there a chance to bring this back? Or even better would be the possibility to add surfaces like grass,gravel or tarmarc. Would make the game more immersive and the autocross layouts would be epic! Just and idea ive been thinking about Smile
Quote from vikingnor :As you probably know, building layouts on autocross and bl car park and so on is very popular. I remember back in patch Z28 we were able to add that tall grass to layouts. Is there a chance to bring this back? Or even better would be the possibility to add surfaces like grass,gravel or tarmarc. Would make the game more immersive and the autocross layouts would be epic! Just and idea ive been thinking about Smile

what you remember is a mod that added buildings etc
Quote from racer autov8 :what you remember is a mod that added buildings etc

Hmm might be true, sorry. But still adding surfaces would be amazing.
Since I update to Q7, randomly I got the next msgs:
Quote :
Side mirror - point too central

I don't know the steps for reproduce it, but if you don't know what is thi, I can provide a mpr for you to check it.
I think that is because of a VOB mod.
Here's another test patch with some Westhill path fixes, a fix at the Autocross skid pad and opacity sliders for small maps.

Changes from 0.6Q7 to 0.6Q9 :

Small map opacity can now be set for light and dark map colours
Westhill paths adjusted and regenerated to avoid graphical holes
Autocross paths regenerated and physical hole fixed at skid pad

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90208
Quote from Scawen :I think that is because of a VOB mod.

I saw it occur when an MRT wing mirror became significantly damaged. I saw this error spam chat on CityDriving and had to pitlane the person causing it to stop it happening. I'll try and find the replay/reproduce it. It might happen with other cars too but I can't confirm.
Honestly, I think the opacity feature is a good one for customization. I really like it (gives a bit of a "new" feeling, for some reason). I think the default values of opacity should be a little bit higher, like 0,75 for light and 0,65 for dark.
Quote from Scawen :Here's another test patch with some Westhill path fixes, a fix at the Autocross skid pad and opacity sliders for small maps.

Changes from 0.6Q7 to 0.6Q9 :

Small map opacity can now be set for light and dark map colours
Westhill paths adjusted and regenerated to avoid graphical holes
Autocross paths regenerated and physical hole fixed at skid pad

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90208

Works like charm! sometimes on skid pad, if you enter on some sections, there it looks like wheel goes inside the tarmac... but that is just minor.

( Also added for replay how it looks for XF GTR )

Anyway, this is pretty much not really related for this, but... after all of these years, you finally managed to fix that part haha Smile. No more people going for backflips there Big grin

Quote from MandulAA :Honestly, I think the opacity feature is a good one for customization. I really like it (gives a bit of a "new" feeling, for some reason). I think the default values of opacity should be a little bit higher, like 0,75 for light and 0,65 for dark.

I do use colored map, gotta try the those too
Attached files
MTDZX-UM21_AU2_XFR.spr - 46.2 KB - 515 views
Quote from Scawen :I think that is because of a VOB mod.

No, I can ensure you that this isn't because of a VOB mod, I don't use them and in the server that I used to play, them are forbidden. At least, not from my side. Maybe other user at server has been using it.

I leave you the link of a mpr file (sorry for big one) where you can check it yourself. I can't attach it cause its very big one.
https://www.mediafire.com/?o3i4j5mzyjonl4t

At timestats:
16:36.00 take a look at chat how I get 2 msgs saying the same
17:36.00 again get 3 of those msgs

Edit:
As has been said before, I have tried myself, and If you destroy the mirrors of the MRT, you get this msg.
Servers can only forbid VOB mods that LFS recognises, since most VOB mods are online-compatible the servers wont know.
Quote from borja_s13 :No, I can ensure you that this isn't because of a VOB mod

Thanks, sorry about the VOB mod assumption. Last time I heard that bug it was a user with a VOB mod!

I see in your replay that the messages come when driver Lachsfuss damages his MRT.

I'll have a look to see if I can safely avoid this issue or at least the message.
Hello. My friend find a bug and i will try to explain with my poor English knowledge. Hope you understand.

South City Chicane Route (SO6) and reverse course only - have this light bug. Drive hole 1 lap and in finish line you will see light blinking witch have blue shine. When you pass finish line this returns to normal. In some places it's become darker even worse. You can see this in car interior too. Also dark lights blinking when you go in finish line.

In first photo he marked the bug place. When you pass this place with car you will see blue light blinking. If you are stay in one place and don't move you will see only blue light.
Attached images
16229743_1074264652683423_1694417322_o.jpg
16229831_1074264596016762_1447868996_o.jpg
16231280_1074264592683429_1214013105_o.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Thanks, sorry about the VOB mod assumption. Last time I heard that bug it was a user with a VOB mod!

I see in your replay that the messages come when driver Lachsfuss damages his MRT.

I'll have a look to see if I can safely avoid this issue or at least the message.

No worries, thanks for trying to solve it! Smile
Quote from sti228 :Hello. My friend find a bug and i will try to explain with my poor English knowledge. Hope you understand.

South City Chicane Route (SO6) and reverse course only - have this light bug. Drive hole 1 lap and in finish line you will see light blinking witch have blue shine. When you pass finish line this returns to normal. In some places it's become darker even worse. You can see this in car interior too. Also dark lights blinking when you go in finish line.

In first photo he marked the bug place. When you pass this place with car you will see blue light blinking. If you are stay in one place and don't move you will see only blue light.

omg i make a LFS textures pack to share(just need some shots) and my XRT interior looks yours,same color tone, stock radio,etc... was good surprise because i never share it. Wink

Thanks scawen, opacity maps works awesome Wink

cheers
Quote from sti228 :South City Chicane Route (SO6) and reverse course only - have this light bug. Drive hole 1 lap and in finish line you will see light blinking witch have blue shine. When you pass finish line this returns to normal. In some places it's become darker even worse. You can see this in car interior too. Also dark lights blinking when you go in finish line.

Reported before, demonstration here:
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q3 (now Q9)
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG