The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6Q3 (now Q9)
(298 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Scawen :The problem with skid marks on concrete is if the concrete object disappears, we could have floating skid marks. I haven't yet worked out a system to solve this. Though I haven't put much time into it. I suppose it's possible by registering every bit of skid on an object, so they can vanish if the object is deleted... again, probably not in this update.

Another thought for skidmarks whilst they're being mentioned: Could we have them persist between races (presumably best handled as a server option). It's purely cosmetic I know, but it makes a big difference IMHO.

On a related note, I've noticed that shift-r on an autocross layout will do a quick spectate and rejoin if there're other cars on track, which leaves skidmarks intact. Shift-r with no cars on track will do a 'proper' restart and remove the skidmarks. Could a restart on an autocross layout do the spec-rejoin regardless of the number of drivers on track as a temporary skidmark-retention measure, if not the above server option?
Wave
always good to hear some news on the development of LFS
Do not hesitate to ask us to test those tyre physics updates aswell as the new tracks Eric is working on. It will be a pleasure to help Heart Ya right
45 degrees for those drift cars, bloody hell if that happens I need to get my G27 back. Falken server comeback huh?!
Quote from Racon :Another thought for skidmarks whilst they're being mentioned: Could we have them persist between races (presumably best handled as a server option). It's purely cosmetic I know, but it makes a big difference IMHO.

On a related note, I've noticed that shift-r on an autocross layout will do a quick spectate and rejoin if there're other cars on track, which leaves skidmarks intact. Shift-r with no cars on track will do a 'proper' restart and remove the skidmarks. Could a restart on an autocross layout do the spec-rejoin regardless of the number of drivers on track as a temporary skidmark-retention measure, if not the above server option?

This is actually a really nice suggestion. +1
#80 - w126
Car shadows are not affected by atmospheric fog. They look a bit strange from a large distance, but I don't know if it's a bug or is as intended for this patch. The quote below might suggest the latter.
Quote from Scawen :Ambient (non-direct) shadow darkness now depends on distance

Attached images
lfs_sh.jpg
-
(elputas) DELETED by elputas : Unfinished post!
Quote from Scawen :I don't know if this can be done without messing up all the hotlaps for those cars. But as it seems so popular, I can look into it. If it would mess up the hotlaps then I won't do it, an increase in steering range would have to wait for the new tyre physics, which I have been working on.

But, to help me, can you tell me exactly which cars need more steering angle to help with drift and how much that extra angle should be? It really must remain within the realms of "realistic" and I guess that means it should not include any cars with front drive.

Scawen, would be great on a XRG, XRT, FZ5, RAC with 50 degrees steering range. Only RWD.

Here is a great suggestion for saving hotlaps.

Isn`t it easier to make separate class for drifting. Same as XRT-XRR (we suggest XRD) isnt it great?! You can add unique options to XRD such as Weight/track width/steering angle/caster adjustment and more power. Also special drift slicks would be great but we can understand how difficult it is. And You can not take into account the results of the races for these cars. Hope you understand.
-
(SergoMorello) DELETED by SergoMorello
Quote from elputas :Scawen, would be great on a XRG, XRT, FZ5, RAC with 50 degrees steering range. Only RWD.

Isn`t it easier to make separate class for drifting. Same as XRT-XRR (we suggest XRD) isnt it great?! You can add unique options to XRD such as Weight/track width/steering angle/caster adjustment and more power. Also special drift slicks would be great but we can understand how difficult it is. And You can not take into account the results of the races for these cars. Hope you understand.

+1

i think that great idea
I hope that the 32 car types limit is not set in stone Smile
Quote from elputas :Isn`t it easier to make separate class for drifting. Same as XRT-XRR (we suggest XRD) isnt it great?! You can add unique options to XRD such as Weight/track width/steering angle/caster adjustment and more power. Also special drift slicks would be great but we can understand how difficult it is. And You can not take into account the results of the races for these cars. Hope you understand.

It will be even more nice if XRD will get inline 6 engine like BMW E46 Coupe.
Quote from Scawen :I don't know if this can be done without messing up all the hotlaps for those cars. But as it seems so popular, I can look into it. If it would mess up the hotlaps then I won't do it, an increase in steering range would have to wait for the new tyre physics, which I have been working on.

But, to help me, can you tell me exactly which cars need more steering angle to help with drift and how much that extra angle should be? It really must remain within the realms of "realistic" and I guess that means it should not include any cars with front drive.

Scawen, on a XRG, XRT, FZ5 with 50 degrees steering angle or 45 if 50 too big.
Sigh, don't try to create another seven years of delay by having enormous expectations of an upcoming patch.
Quote from elputas :Scawen, would be great on a XRG, XRT, FZ5, RAC with 50 degrees steering range. Only RWD.

will be great for drfiters in lfs

And i want to remind you, most popular youtube video about the LFS is a drift video, often the fullest servers - a drift servers , and I think the drift community LFS is quite large, and perhaps really should support their development of this kind
Quote from SergoMorello :Scawen, on a XRG, XRT, FZ5 with 50 degrees steering angle or 45 if 50 too big.

a long time this was not enough 35 degrees for drift

I will cry with happiness if that happen T_T

+11111 !!! The biggest community in lfs is the drifting one. We deserve more attention Smile. No need to go extreme but atleast a small adjustable boost pressure would be nice.

Beautyfull Big grin
I would also prefer Increase in HP aswell. set a tuned ca18det or sr20det, 300-400hp?(I know you can make more power, but reliablillity? Tongue )

This would breath more life in lfs again, and I do not belive the task is huge(ofc there is a fair amount of coding the new class Smile )

Edit: My example was for the XRD, since I prefer the XRT Tongue

+1 ofc Tongue
I believe a new thread should be created because this discussion makes a lot of partly-related to the test patch posts. But yeah, XRD sounds like an interesting idea.
Regarding skid marks, we have both dynamic skid marks + static driving line on the track, and I think both of them would need reworking when graphics would be adjusted...

About steering lock, I wonder why don't you ask for bigger lock for GTR cars + more tyre types (aswel as some type of drift tyres) Wink
Mmm, breathing life into LFS is good, of course, but some of us (quite a lot of us?) simply have no interest in drifting.
So a suggestion for Scawen, if he's feeling indulgent about improving life for drifters (and thereby increasing their numbers): give the rest of us a way to avoid seeing a shedload of drift servers when we check LFSW, the same way we can exclude cruise Tilt Thumbs up
Quote from Neilser :Mmm, breathing life into LFS is good, of course, but some of us (quite a lot of us?) simply have no interest in drifting.
So a suggestion for Scawen, if he's feeling indulgent about improving life for drifters (and thereby increasing their numbers): give the rest of us a way to avoid seeing a shedload of drift servers when we check LFSW, the same way we can exclude cruise Tilt Thumbs up

good one Thumbs up
Sap, Scawen.
I want to offer you a lot of my ideas. I think, that 50% drivers of LFS play because of drifting. And in my opinion a lot of them want to see wider settings of the cars. Cars need to be faster and stable, than the past. On the top, man offered to do Max steering angle for cars (It is one of the best ideas).
In addition to this, I offer to do tyres settings wider: For example: All tyres pressure from 800kPa to 4500kPa. Rims and tyres have settings of width and height, because usually it is necessary.
Also, "WE" want to see adjustable the angle of Caster on XRG, XRT, FZ5, because it's help to drive the car easily, like on real live. I mean, that with the bigger caster angle, car
driving better with steering wheels (G25-G29 ,and others).
Have a nice time, bro.
Dear user,
STUDENT
Quote from vitamin9611 :Also, "WE" want to see adjustable the angle of Caster on XRG, XRT, FZ5, because it's help to drive the car easily, like on real live. I mean, that with the bigger caster angle, car
driving better with steering wheels (G25-G29 ,and others).
Have a nice time, bro.
Dear user,
STUDENT

Yes caster option in these cars. We need adjustable caster in XRG XRT FZ5 FXO this will help more for wheel users than increasing steering range (becouse for me 36 is good and i don't really need more) adjustable caster have for me more sense than more steering range and when You make 45-50 drift will be so easy i will propably drift with my legs when this will happend.
Quote from jujek :Yes caster option in these cars. We need adjustable caster in XRG XRT FZ5 FXO this will help more for wheel users than increasing steering range (becouse for me 36 is good and i don't really need more) adjustable caster have for me more sense than more steering range and when You make 45-50 drift will be so easy i will propably drift with my legs when this will happend.

Hello, Jurek.
I see, that Max steering angle is 36.0 in option (for example XRT). IF creator can to do 40.0 it will be success. Really. If more than 40.0, then It will be not well.
Dear gamer,
STUDENT
Quote from vitamin9611 :Hello, Jurek.
I see, that Max steering angle is 36.0 in option (for example XRT). IF creator can to do 40.0 it will be success. Really. If more than 40.0, then It will be not well.
Dear gamer,
STUDENT

I think in same way.

btw most of people what i see when they post videos from drifting with tweak what they only change is wheelbase or engine power not many change steering range.
"btw most of people what i see when they post videos from drifting with tweak what they only change is wheelbase or engine power not many change steering range."

Say what now? 90% of tweak drifters change the steering angle.
Quote from BeNoM :"btw most of people what i see when they post videos from drifting with tweak what they only change is wheelbase or engine power not many change steering range."

Say what now? 90% of tweak drifters change the steering angle.

Agree. They don't often go all the way to 60+ but still more then stock for sure.
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q3 (now Q9)
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG