The online racing simulator
Test Patch 0.6Q3 (now Q9)
(298 posts, closed, started )
Quote from jujek :It was cool idea but he advertised 'modded' LFS so some people who are come from he's video will propably disappointed when they see the original version of lfs.

I don't see any harm done with different textures, and the only thing that is modded is the XRT VOB but its just to add a steering wheel, roll cage, exhaust, and roof spoiler. I think that it's kind of ridiculous that modding is so frowned upon considering Rfactor and AC (popular games) support modding.
Quote from Shikari_San :The GTR's/XRR does not get used for drifting because of the low steering lock and the slicks, it may get used more if it is given road normals and more lock.

If we're looking at tyre choices, could we consider allowing knobbly and hybrids on the FXR? We can 4WD rally/rallycross offroad with the RB4, but not with enough power to be close the top tier of WRC rally and Supercars cars (I guess the RWDs too, but I'm more interested in the 4WD) Allowing those tyres would effectively sneak us new off-road cars without costing you guys any new design effort or waiting-for-physics, win-win Wink
Quote from ProjectD_ALLSTAR :I think that it's kind of ridiculous that modding is so frowned upon considering Rfactor and AC (popular games) support modding.

There is a huge difference between modding of existing content (which breaks up the compatibility) and adding extra user content like in rF and AC. There also comes the frowning.
As Scawen already stated while ago,he intends to open up addition of user content when he considers LFS as finished or at least ready for that. Until then we have just the content devs provide.
Except everyone mods the original content of rF and AC. You can't add cars to this game, so that leaves people to mod existing content.
Quote from BeNoM :Except everyone mods the original content of rF and AC. You can't add cars to this game, so that leaves people to mod existing content.

What is the point of spamming about Your obsesion with vob mods? When Devs allow that we get same trash game full of unfinished or not made property mods thats why LFS is better becouse is clean people who like nice things and 'clean' like LFS for this reason also. You also put trash everywhere in Your room?
Well, y'all are too retarded for me.

Cya's Smile
Quote from BeNoM :Well, y'all are too retarded for me.

That's how you win an argument. Sorry,guys,we lost... Schwitz
Quote from Eclipsed :That's how you win an argument. Sorry,guys,we lost... Schwitz

Oh no Frown

EDIT: Ops, off topic, impulsive post
When will we be out of beta :kappa:
Quote from MousemanLV :When will we be out of beta :kappa:

i think there has been no alph/beta tags since some years, it is just the numbers and letters now.
Surely when it gets to 1.0 that means it has full release?
Anything below 1 is either in Alpha or Beta, Gutholz.
Quote from Eclipsed :That's how you win an argument. Sorry,guys,we lost... Schwitz

Is it about winning/losing here? Hhmm..
You should update your sarcasm detector,seems like it's not compatible with newest sarcasm methods...

Damn,way too deep into offtopic teritories... :/
While talking about modifying cars with steering angle,i would like to include wheel track adjustment and rim/tyre size adjustment.This will not only improve handling of the cars,but improve looks of the cars.I guess people will find it really interesting.

I guess this will be easy brought into the game,since tweaks already have all this mentioned features.Or will it be that easy,im just guessing.
i like it
Wheel track was adjustable in some older versions of LFS but this feature got vanished. Would be nice to see it back again Smile
Quote from k_badam :Surely when it gets to 1.0 that means it has full release?

Or that just means they will have run out of numbers Razz
Quote from uZwPaTeH.. :While talking about modifying cars with steering angle,i would like to include wheel track adjustment and rim/tyre size adjustment.This will not only improve handling of the cars,but improve looks of the cars.I guess people will find it really interesting.

I guess this will be easy brought into the game,since tweaks already have all this mentioned features.Or will it be that easy,im just guessing.

How about just making new fictional cars with these options?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :How about just making new fictional cars with these options?

I like the idea of new cars,but why not all cars having these? I bet people will still want to use XRT,there better be a good use of more cars,than just one.Right now 80% of people use only XRT to drift.
Quote from uZwPaTeH.. :I like the idea of new cars,but why not all cars having these? I bet people will still want to use XRT,there better be a good use of more cars,than just one.Right now 80% of people use only XRT to drift.

PFFF why drifters think xrt only for drifting. I hope new physics gife more (dunno how to improve)

But anyway new shadow Thumbs up
Quote from RC-Maus :PFFF why drifters think xrt only for drifting. I hope new physics gife more (dunno how to improve)

But anyway new shadow Thumbs up

I didn't mean XRT is only for drift,but people who drift use mainly XRT.
Quote from MousemanLV :Anything below 1 is either in Alpha or Beta, Gutholz.

For projects in continuous open-ended development it does not make sense. After 14 years Inkscape (graphics editor) is still only at v0.92 but nobody would think about when its beta-phase will end.
Or a more popular example:
VLC video player took eight years to reach version 1.0 but it was widely used before then without thought of alpha/beta. When version 1.0 of VLC came along it did not mean anything special: after years of counting up it simply had gotten to "1" eventually.

Quote :Increased LOD distances of humans / drivers / marshalls

Maybe possible for cars too?
Sometimes at some distances the smaller details (like the wire-things that hold the hood on GTR cars) blink in and out.
Quote from Scawen :
- Does anyone have any facts about the limits in real cars when front wheel drive is involved?

from memory most FWD hatchbacks/SUVs had around 33 degrees (with a bit of ackermann.. maybe 31-36 deg)

less on topic formula student cars have probably 25-40 if you fancy making a new one of those with all the aero on Nod
Test Patch 0.6Q5 is now available with fixes and improvements!

Changes from 0.6Q3 to 0.6Q5 :

New map view for open configurations and track selection screen
Skid marks now remain when race restarts (excluding replays)
Skid marks are now visible on unmovable layout objects

FIX : Missing part of shadows at rear of LX4 and LX6
FIX : Shadows seen from a distance were not affected by haze effect

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90208

Some other requests I still considering. Some requests, including the drift maximum lock increase, would cause an incompatibility issue. I do expect to release an incompatible version in the near future, so it looks like that should be possible, up to 45 degrees (no new tracks, cars or tyre physics in the incompatible version).
This thread is closed

Test Patch 0.6Q3 (now Q9)
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG