The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
Did a 54.8 to get that 458 Imola Achievement.. could take 5 tenths of it but no more... game is just SO intense.
It is power-slidable too. Drop to 4th into curva grande and boot it and it's like a sprint car if you catch it before it gets too far. 2nd gear will light them up all day too, which when you consider 2nd gets you to 100mph is pretty fun, but hitting the limiter mid-slide isn't so fun.
Quote from cargame.nl :Come lets rob a bank or do something nifty with an encrypted connection AND GET INSANELY RICH!!11! ... When can we start?

I also have some Truecrypted harddrives, give you hmm 500 Euro's if you can read it. Easy money?

By the way, it's decrypting. Encrypting indeed is not that hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_84dRTid5M
no shut up and weep you silly man
Quote from Kristi : I would love to see those 1.31s there though. I mean, on youtube they didn't really look that fast, I'm still half a second off that though.

It's very easy actually. 16/14 wing and you're there. Took me 5 laps with that wing setting. (and a bit of gear ratio tuning)
is mouse steering supported? than ill buy it
is it that hard to implement?
Quote from ImudilaSkyline :is it that hard to implement?

Doubt it. Maybe they just don't give a shit about mouse drivers...and who can blame them

I'm sure it will come at some point.
Quote from Kristi :I answered your question properly. I don't see the problem. It's a car with relatively low steering lock, so nothing more than a few 4 wheel slides are good for your health...

Ahh I see, thanks
Quote from The Moose :Maybe they just don't give a shit about mouse drivers...and who can blame them

Get a wheel or get out. That's my motto.
Quote from BlueFlame :Get a wheel or get out. That's my motto.

Well, if I had gotten out when I started playing LFS, rather than keep playing and having fun as I did, I think it would have been far less likely for me to have purchased my G27. Or even keep this hobby at all. It's been almost five years since I started playing LFS!

The only thing dragging me to LFS (and simulators in general) was that I could play them. There's no point in watching a virtual simulator on a screen with someone else playing; you want to be part of the action, and if not possible, I'd rather go to a racetrack and watch real cars. Mouse made it possible to participate with competitive times with people on wheels, and still be very fun.

Interest gets high enough to justify spending money on a wheel.

Actually, in my case that's all bulls* and it was just a random incident. But it's still possible, though.

I actually wanted to purchase an iPad, but they've just announced an iPad Air coming so I'm not purchasing the current generation a month or two before the latest gets released.

I had never driven a G27 or Gran Turismo 5 before, at all. The only driving wheel I had driven (not taking real cars into account) was an old PS1 wheel that barely turned 45º to either side, didn't have FFB at all (it would vibrate when you crashed the car, though) and had a huge dead center.

That, until I played with the G27 on Gran Turismo 5 at a co-workers home. He's a passionate racing fan, goes to almost every race (mostly Formula 1) in my country and plays GT5 a lot. I won the race every time I played against him, with any cars we tried (also won against the other 4 co-workers, too).

Playing with them was so fun I purchased a G27 too.
That, and the fact the iPad Air is still some time before release in my country, so I'll have the money for iPad by the time gets released...
Well I'm an elitist and racing is a massive passion for me and if someone doesn't take it seriously enough to use a wheel then they shouldn't be driving. Sure good to have it there as a starting tool but too many use mouse and never bother with a wheel.
Quote from BlueFlame :Well I'm an elitist and racing is a massive passion for me and if someone doesn't take it seriously enough to use a wheel then they shouldn't be driving. Sure good to have it there as a starting tool but too many use mouse and never bother with a wheel.

Quote from BlueFlame :Well I'm an elitist and racing is a massive passion for me and if someone doesn't take it seriously enough to use a wheel then they shouldn't be driving. Sure good to have it there as a starting tool but too many use mouse and never bother with a wheel.

No offence, but motion platform guys can say exactly the same thing to you.

Quote :Well I'm an elitist and racing is a massive passion for me and if someone doesn't take it seriously enough to use a 6 DoF unlimited Z rotation motion platform then they shouldn't be driving. Sure good to have it there as a starting tool but too many use a static wheel or a crappy 2 DoF and never bother with an appropriate platform.

man i am so out of practice. just did 1'58.7 with untouched 458 italia and no assists.

An elitist who is slower than mouse drivers.
Quote from Gabkicks :man i am so out of practice. just did 1'58.7 with untouched 458 italia and no assists.

I feel your pain

My LFS stats using a PS2 wired controller, which you couldn't adjust sensitivity on. Which meant I had 1cm of movement either side of a stick to go full lock on the steering.

Races won: 1529
Second: 890
Third: 541
Finished: 4229

I would say that I took LFS more seriously than a lot of people, but I never felt the need to buy a wheel, and that was with a game that barely supports any other control method. At least this game has better options which means I can actually use the full movement of the analogue sticks on my controller.
Quote from The Moose :It's very easy actually. 16/14 wing and you're there. Took me 5 laps with that wing setting. (and a bit of gear ratio tuning)

I had that setup with 16/14 wings and I just didn't believe that. I mean... I just changed wings to a lot lower (11/8) and did a lot better. Felt like I'm losing too much on the straight to get it back in the turns. Well, I'll try that setup (from youtube) again then and hope to have better luck this time.

Quote from Bmxtwins :An elitist who is slower than mouse drivers.

Glad to hear that from Ray's mouth...

Quote from ATC Quicksilver :

Races won: 1529
Second: 890
Third: 541
Finished: 4229

I'm glad to hear your success in LFS with that kind of hardware. I can imagine how hard it is to keep the car on track even with that... thing. But those stats seriously don't mean much. I might have less races won in my stats than most of the people around, but still being more competitive at some point... The thing is, winning a 6 hour race is just one to that count, while I could've won like 150 sprint races in that ammount of time, if you get my point. I was just never the public racer style, except for CTRA. That's where I collected most of my wins.
Once you use a proper FFB wheel, I just can't imagine anyone going back to a feedback'less control device when you're driving seriously.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :...I never felt the need to buy a wheel...

You don't buy a wheel to be faster, you get one because that's how cars are driven

I take my racing very seriously and I used different wheels, including a DFGT for about a year before they broke down and I simply couldn't afford a new one. I've now raced LFS with a mouse for about 7 months and it took some time to get used to but I'm now faster and more confident than I was with a wheel.

I'm not saying that wheels are shite or something, because I do understand that if I want to continue racing competitively somewhere else I'd have to buy a wheel for that, but I don't really understand this ignorance.
Quote from Matrixi :Once you use a proper FFB wheel, I just can't imagine anyone going back to a feedback'less control device when you're driving seriously.

It's not people WANT to go back to mouse/keyboard. Some times people HAVE to. I'm traveling at the moment with only a laptop. Should I just dream about going back to home everyday, or have fun with what I have?
Quote from Keling :....Should I just dream about going back to home everyday, or have fun with what I have?

You are free to do whatever you want, but personally, if didn't have a wheel, I'd rather do something else than simracing. I am of the opnion that when I do something I do it right or I just don't do it at all.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG