The online racing simulator
Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
Quote from jasonmatthews :Tristan you goddam pussy! Racing is not about being the best or winning races you knob, it's about racing. Racing is going door to door and loving the challenge even when you lose. You sound so much like a spoilt rich kid who's parents gave you the opportunities that normal SIM racers would dream of.

Who gives a shit if your quick online? No one.. Get in the sim and enjoy it you knobber

I have no interest in being the slow person on the grid. A lot of sim racers practice more than I do, and I can compete with that AND have fun.

Sorry if I come across as a spoilt rich kid. I admit my Dad has provided some funding (for instance, buying a racing car that I can race, at considerable economic strain to himself), but most of my racing is funded by my own income, and is why I go racing on roughly 15% of the budget of my rivals.

Quote from Kristi :Um, I smell some contradiction in that post, quite a big one even. You are calling online simracers selfish, yet you would happily take the chance away from the majority of the community, because you can't be assed to join a server and have fun. Sounds logical to me indeed.

I'm sure there will be pickup races like CTRA in LFS, and at that point, nobody cares if you are 1st or 15th. You have a place to go door to door with actual humans. Of course it feels good to win something, but hey you learn from your own mistakes, right?

I'm not saying they shouldn't do MP. Of course they should. I'm just saying I'm glad they are also working on AI (and probably in parallel with each other, not just a case of finishing one before starting on the other). I didn't like the CTRA system of having to prove myself to join a server. I can see the merits in it - it reduces the number of noobs and crashers - but I don't consider myself a noob or a crasher, so I don't like being excluded simply because I haven't done 30 hours online.

MP is great. But given my current restrictions, it's not for me. So I want some AI at some level.
Quote from tristancliffe :I don't have time to learn the cars and tracks enough to be quick online.

Me either. You could possibly add talent my list of things I don't have, but it's mostly time. It might be once a month where I could dedicate a couple of hours and have a decent session. Otherwise, it's the odd 30 minutes here or there, which amounts to a quick couple of races against the AI. So, I'm glad they're improving it.

People can lose perspective when they hang around forums, where like many minded people congregate. They assume everybody is the same; can invest dozens of hours every week and play on-line all night most nights. The fact is, that it's only a small minority of people who actually do this.
The AI does not mind if you crash them but still takes practice, missing turns all the time is no fun either.

Quote : I didn't like the CTRA system of having to prove myself to join a server. I can see the merits in it - it reduces the number of noobs and crashers - but I don't consider myself a noob or a crasher, so I don't like being excluded simply because I haven't done 30 hours online.

Even on the lower servers with no requirements did not like it too much. Some random car-track combo got voted, I had no setup for that, after some laps I have learned the track a bit - but then it gets changed again or I must stop playing.
Basically spent more time getting used to the track than actually racing. And when you finally are in a good race someone else gets in your way, someone who struggles with track just like you did before.

So unless *everybody* knows *all* combos there can hardly be any good racing. Otherwise there is always people trying to learn the track while others around them are trying to race. I think racing multiplayer can not really work like that, no matter what game. (Unless maybe there is only slow cars and easy tracks.)
Solution to me is organized races, it takes less time because there is only one track to learn.
Anyone can find 2x 30 minutes to practice during the week which is enough to finish most races without messing up.
More practice=better results, obviously, well that is what racing is like.

In the end racing is always about money. And "time is money"
AI is must have for my best friend, he is having more fun racing with AI then online, crashing,learning track and all that is not that "big" stuff when you race against AI.

GO AI GO! GO AI GO! GO AI GO!
Lol.. Tristan complaining about not having time to drive because of real life racing.. That's a load of horse****.
Quote from Dennis93 :Lol.. Tristan complaining about not having time to drive because of real life racing.. That's a load of horse****.

Dennis, what do you even know! You're off banging supermodels and drinking champagne from their belly buttons.

I'm surprised you even have time for the forum!
Quote from Dennis93 :Lol.. Tristan complaining about not having time to drive because of real life racing.. That's a load of horse****.

Why is that horseshit?
Maybe he means no time left after real life racing and prancing about in tights (if he still does that sort of thing)
Sadly I don't prance around in tights much these days, but I was asked yesterday if I wanted to audition for a part.

The racing itself doesn't make much time at all. That's a couple of hours of sitting in a car once a month. It's the fact that:

If the engine needs work/rebuilds/fettling then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If the gearbox needs work/rebuilds/fettling then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If the bodywork needs work/fettling then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends (although I don't personally do the actual painting, but I do do a lot of the prep and a lot of the carbon work).
If the data needs looking at between races then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If I want the car setup before the race then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If I want to work out what setup to put on the car, or what changes to make from last time then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If I need tyres changing/fitting on the wheels (away from the weekend) then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If the truck/quad/trolleys need work then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If I need parts then I have to save up and order them, and then fit them.
If the workshop needs cleaning/tidying then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.

In short, I don't have a lot of free time in my evenings and weekends.
That's more reasonable.
Thanks.
Quote from tristancliffe :Sadly I don't prance around in tights much these days, but I was asked yesterday if I wanted to audition for a part.

The racing itself doesn't make much time at all. That's a couple of hours of sitting in a car once a month. It's the fact that:

If the engine needs work/rebuilds/fettling then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If the gearbox needs work/rebuilds/fettling then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If the bodywork needs work/fettling then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends (although I don't personally do the actual painting, but I do do a lot of the prep and a lot of the carbon work).
If the data needs looking at between races then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If I want the car setup before the race then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If I want to work out what setup to put on the car, or what changes to make from last time then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If I need tyres changing/fitting on the wheels (away from the weekend) then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If the truck/quad/trolleys need work then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.
If I need parts then I have to save up and order them, and then fit them.
If the workshop needs cleaning/tidying then I have to do it myself in my evenings/weekends.

In short, I don't have a lot of free time in my evenings and weekends.

Seems to me you got a lot of time during the weekdays...?
I'd have lots of free time if it wasn't for the day job and needing sleep.

Dennis - James Crofts keeps telling me that you're better than Kevin Magnussen. Not sure why I need to be told this, as I can't exactly do anything about it, but thought you'd like to know your names gets mentioned in a decent F1 context. So keep pushing!
Quote from tristancliffe :Dennis - James Crofts keeps telling me that you're better than Kevin Magnussen. Not sure why I need to be told this, as I can't exactly do anything about it, but thought you'd like to know your names gets mentioned in a decent F1 context. So keep pushing!

Related: Kevin Magnussen's Top 5 Drivers.
The update is live
Quote :v0.8
- Lotus Exige 240
- Ferrari 312T F1
- Revised AI behavior
- Collisions performance improvements
- New sky box with clouds
- Fixed gui issue with spinner
- Improved x360 controller support at low speed
- Fixed gearshift sound on BMW M3 e92 Drift
- Improved rearview mirrors & added more rendering options in the launcher
- Default launcher theme: opponent skins are randomized from all available skins
- Default launcher theme: opponent setups are now set on a per-track basis
- Launcher: control configuration's Xbox360 section revised
- Fixed end race chart display bug

312t
I only drove it for some ~2km at the Joux
Attached images
878jpg.jpg
Quote from Test Driver :I don't know... the LFS high-fps slow-mos, they are more crispy, like there are more things happening in the suspension

Yeah, the suspension looked really weird in that video. It kinda just bounced up or something.
Ooh, not bad, didn't thought that was possible yet, nice job..
ah didn't know that one have already done same thing , thx for link.

but watch out i see on the screen too much clouds, they will kill fps in game.
That looks great! Some lightning problems inside the game it seems, but hopefully they sort it out somehow.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8882 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG