The online racing simulator
I just wish they could someone who can actually drive behind the wheel on the videos
I just wish they'd let me drive it a little.....
Quote from CrAZySkyPimp :I just wish they could someone who can actually drive behind the wheel on the videos

Sorry, I tried my best..
Must be 20 times I watched that clip..
hm is boris liking it an indication that the game is going to be bad?
Quote from Shotglass :hm is boris liking it an indication that the game is going to be bad?

Boris reminds me of a fanatic child that doesn't actually know WHAT he likes or dislikes.
Says the two most fanatic members of the forum..
The idiots that work on this game can't even use a screen recording program, but are able to make a nice game apparently.
Except they clearly can by the other videos they have made. This was probably a spur of the moment thing and that was the easiest way to get a video online.
Nom nom

K.. .GT3 cars... I might get this.
Took you this long to decide it's a want?
Yes it actually.

It looked so.... 'nothing new' kindof
Count me as interested... waiting for the netcode testing though, as the nkp always suffered there.
What more would you want. Everyone not getting this has either small penis or is a girl.
Quote from Mysho :What more would you want. Everyone not getting this has either small penis or is a girl.

Dennis only now found his penis, so he's gonna be buying it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Dennis only now found his penis, so he's gonna be buying it.

Yeah I found a very nice one too, diffidently worth my money.
Quote from Dennis93 :Yes it actually.

It looked so.... 'nothing new' kindof

When you feel the force feedback, you'll have wished you'd had it long before.
Quote from BlueFlame :When you feel the force feedback, you'll have wished you'd had it long before.

I've heard it all before.

All feels the same after 2 laps, and if it feels 'amazing' it's probably not real, because in a race car you don't feel shit unless the wheel falls off, or the servo is dead.
Quote from Dennis93 :I've heard it all before.

All feels the same after 2 laps, and if it feels 'amazing' it's probably not real, because in a race car you don't feel shit unless the wheel falls off, or the servo is dead.

I'm pretty sure you know that isn't really true. No matter how much power assistance there is, if your steering suddenly had no centering force at all it would feel a lot different.
That said I don't think the ffb is exceptional in AC, judging purely from the tech preview.
Quote from sinbad :I'm pretty sure you know that isn't really true. No matter how much power assistance there is, if your steering suddenly had no centering force at all it would feel a lot different.
That said I don't think the ffb is exceptional in AC, judging purely from the tech preview.

Sure there is resistance, but mostly, when my friends or 'hardcore'-simmers say : Dennis try this out, this is the most amazing feel I've ever felt'' It's usually over exaggerated, I'm sure Kunos has made something fantastic here and I'm probably just blowing the bubbles, but there is NOTHING that can feel 'real' compared to a racing car, there is just too many elements you can't simulate, sadly.
Quote from Dennis93 :Sure there is resistance, but mostly, when my friends or 'hardcore'-simmers say : Dennis try this out, this is the most amazing feel I've ever felt'' It's usually over exaggerated, I'm sure Kunos has made something fantastic here and I'm probably just blowing the bubbles, but there is NOTHING that can feel 'real' compared to a racing car, there is just too many elements you can't simulate, sadly.

Well I agree to an extent, but ultimately what happens to the steering via FFB should be dictated by what happens to the front wheels. I'm perhaps like you in that "effects" add nothing. Vibration should only be felt if it exerts a torque on the steering column. What matters, and what makes the difference, is the response and reaction to those forces, but ultimately it should be the tyre model which dictates what the FFB is like.

A good FFB system should simply relay those forces to your wheel with as little latency as possible. For me LFS is far better in this way than AC. A sim should prioritise the FFB, not just say "only 50fps? Guess you don't want steering response or feel anymore then".

I also think that with the right hardware and software there is no reason why an FFB system cannot accurately simulate every ounce of "feel" and force you experience in a real car.

Kunos Simulazioni - Assetto Corsa
(8871 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG