The online racing simulator
still safety car pfft, wasn't the track supposed to be clean and ready like 15-30mins ago
still safety car? good lord...
Rocky has got an open flesh wound. Nothing more than that.
-
(niall09) DELETED by niall09
Forget circuit safety and car safety, they need to install bigger mirrors on those GTE cars or better brains in the drivers heads. Please no more big accidents, that last one properly scared me.

Looked a lot worse on the helicopter view. Albeit it was very dark etc.
So, whos still alive?
Quote from deggis :

Looked a lot worse on the helicopter view. Albeit it was very dark etc.

For it to be "worse", the cockpit would have had to break up as well, which would certainly not have resulted in Rocky walking away...

The thing is absolutely shattered..
I meant that since it was so dark (and a crappy stream) at least I was unable to even figure out where the cockpit was supposed to be. So it literally only looked worse.
We'll probably see some form of lighting in some areas of the race track next year.

I think it was a good year for Audi to go closed cockpit too. Sad joke I know
KRASH!!! Rebellion Racing Toyota? #13 I think?

Also Audi Sandwiched. Two Pugs infront, and one behind.
Damned the other two Audi's are out.
Yeah. Number 13 Rebellion driven by Jean Boullion. He seems to be fine.
The commentators said that he was on the brink of the 4hour stint limit

btw: ~9h 45mins left?
Yep. 9h 40min to go.

I'm off to make another cup of coffee.
Fantastic nights racing. Sunrise and still 3 cars on lead lap. The Ant manged to take Fassler briefly before out braking himself, and giving the lead back.

This looks set to be a good one. More coffee methinks...

Oh, and live timing here btw.

lemans.org
Yeah, brilliant racing for the lead.
Formation Pugs and Audi make a driver change which should put them out just behind. Tense...
Just got a runtime error in my own little 24 hour race. It was still epically fun however. Drove majority of yesterday (about 8 hours but no straight) before letting AI take over for good so i could get some rest. Just woke up no more than 20 minutes ago to see my screen with the silly error

Had radio lemans playing on my laptop next to me to keep me informed and ironically as McNish crashed, a audi missed it's braking zone and went straight into the wall. I wanted to take a bunch of pictures, but i forgot to start fraps beforehand and since the runtime error was terminal for the program, the replay never saved.

Anyways. finally getting to see the Mcnish incident, it could go either way. The Ferrari never gave way, but it was early in the race and such a rushful pass like that wasn't necessary. Even i had enough sense to simply wait for a straight or breather room to pass and with rfactor's ai, that's raaaare. Good job on possibly the new fins or design of the car. Twice it could have went up in the air. Have yet to seen rockenfeller's and a bunch other highlights.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Just got a runtime error in my own little 24 hour race....

That must be gutting.
Quote :
Have yet to seen rockenfeller's and a bunch other highlights.

The only footage seems to be onboard.

Toob

Correction, there was a closed circuit cam too. Which was taken out (unmanned btw)

Edit:
Wow!
Lotterer half a second under his pole qualifying time. Audi on a mission to get some kind of overlap with their shorter stints.
Vette just made love to a Porsche, not good.
Quote from PMD9409 :Vette just made love to a Porsche, not good.

Ouch!
I wish the cameras had have stayed with that battle. Looks like he took a gamble and lost the back end.
Vette just lost it. Very big shunt for both drivers.
Seems a bit risky when leading.

Aggression seems to be the theme this race (also looks back at McNish)
Quote from PMD9409 :Seems a bit risky when leading.

Aggression seems to be the theme this race (also looks back at McNish)

Lots of close racing even this far in, so no surprise really.

The crash for those without feeds.

Toob

Henzler extracted from Porsche and stretchered away. Magnussen ok.

Le Mans/ILMC/ALMS 2011
(690 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG