The online racing simulator
Oh dear, that Strakka driver sure is a bit of an idiot...
Just pathetic from Aston Martin AMR-One... Only 2 seconds faster than the M3 GTEPro...
Not sure what that Aston was thinking when standing in the middle of the corner, it could end up much worse tho.
At least lotus isn't dead last Fell asleep while looking at the live timing. Saw BMW take 1st and got excited, then Corvette took 1-2 and then a 458 took it a lap later. Went back to watching P1 and Audi were holding 1-2. So bascially... I fell asleep 30 minutes into D:
Quote from DevilDare :Just pathetic from Aston Martin AMR-One... Only 2 seconds faster than the M3 GTEPro...

Clearly not the best possible lap, did 3:46.299 in the 1st session.

Still slow though but I don't think they're even on the stage yet where they can start worrying about lap times...
AMR -> 2 engine broken in 6 hours...
That is basicly just the worse car ever build Petrol, Open cockpit, straight 6? wtf..
Says LMP1 in the second link. Surely there's a minimum weight though. So it can't go by the video which is "half the weight".
Nah. Its going to be a class of one, just for them. Garage 56 I think its called.

Basically an opportunity for groups like these to come up with crazy designs and test them at Le Mans against the big guns.

I am actually really excited and cant wait to see it.
Quote from PMD9409 :Says LMP1 in the second link. Surely there's a minimum weight though. So it can't go by the video which is "half the weight".

Just general term. Either own class or unclassified.
Learn something everyday. Thanks.
This extremely narrow wheelbase is a perfect recipe for terminal understeer... I can't see how you'd get that thing to turn at speed...
What the ****. Must be a namco designer in there somewhere.

That car + Porsche curves = Recipe for disaster
And what about the closed-top rule? Give that giant p*nis(ROFLLOLLOL) a cock-pit like a delta figher, that's what it is
Really hoped that car was gone for good after IRL shot it down. I want to watch cars not rocketships.
Quote from Swiss-Spirit :And what about the closed-top rule?

There's no rule and secondly this carcock is outside of the rules anyway.
I think that car will have difficulties overtaking, it's a good 3 foot thinner at the front than the rear. Could invite some crashes, it will be hard to judge distances.
Quote from Rappa Z :Really hoped that car was gone for good after IRL shot it down. I want to watch cars not rocketships.

I was completely against a whole series of them, but I think it will be interesting to see 1 of them up against more traditional cars. Who knows, maybe we won't laugh at it as much as I think we will

On another note, are those headlights on the rear wheels
Some close qualifying ongoing Below 3:26,xx
AMR 20-22 seconds off the pace

how is that even possible, they aren't even competitive in LMP2

they are closer to the pace of the lead GT cars than the Audis and Peugeots - only a ten second gap there
Yeah, shitty shitty car
Also, just thought of that Delta wing concept, well the driving style will be different, drivers will not be able to clip apexes like before, because the rear wheels are alot wider than the front, so they will have to purposefully 'miss' apexes as if they don't, the rear wheels could mount the kerb if they were to apex the corner normally.
Lucas on LMP2 pole, in front of 4 LMP1, that guys is incredible!!

Le Mans/ILMC/ALMS 2011
(690 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG