The online racing simulator
Quote from Flingoko :"Friendly french friends" lol

He says it as if it's the norm, so I guess Peugeot really feel under pressure.
HPD has withdrawn for Le Mans :'(
The mighty LMP2 Acura?

I won't get to see that one then...
Quote from MoMo92i :HPD has withdrawn for Le Mans :'(

Source ?

Edit : David, I'm pretty sure it's LMP1 HPD ARX-01e
LMP1, and that's not only for Le Mans, in fact Honda stops its Le Mans program

Source ACO . Seems that this is because of the situation in Japan, almost same story as the 2nd Oreca Signatech-NISSAN.

Strakka and RML may be there (RML chassis is ok...only have to do some hard work on it )

EDIT : Endurance-info article about that :
http://www.endurance-info.com/ ... detail.php?VARnewsID=7200
Third fastest car goes into a museum. This is wrong.
Quote from deggis :Third fastest car goes into a museum. This is wrong.

Who cares it's an ugly car and nothing special, only ricers to fap about it since it's 'Acura'. Good riddence I say. Never understood some of the LMP1 teams, why bother showing for Le Mans when you're diabolically off the pace? Why not pour into LMP2 when (ATM) there aren't any proper factory teams.
Quote from BlueFlame :Who cares it's an ugly car and nothing special, only ricers to fap about it since it's 'Acura'. Good riddence.

You are retarded.
Quote from BlueFlame :...lots of bullshit...

Do you think Audi and Pug started with dominating ? Well yes they did, but LMP1's standart was much lower. Aslo balancing between disel and petrol isn't right yet. I'd say that they need time to set up everything. Experiance won't come so fast...
Quote from BlueFlame :Never understood some of the LMP1 teams, why bother showing for Le Mans when you're diabolically off the pace?

You should have told that to Gerard Larrousse & Hans Hermann and the whole Porsche team in 1969 that have totally forgotten #60 908 during 20 hours before the last 917 broke its engine...then I guess they had some regrets in the last lap.

Same story in 1970, #23 917 K was the slowest 917 on track, however she won !

What about Le Mans 1977?

What about 1980 when Rondeau beated Porsche factory?

What about 1991 when Mazda-Oreca beated Mercedes, Jaguar, Toyota, Porsche, Peugeot,...

What about 1995 when Mclaren won it?

What about 1999, certainly the best edition of modern times? Do you realise that BMW V12 LMR wasn't the favorite at all?

There are so many factors that can totally change the face of the race ! 24 hours is really a very long race, and there is NO 24 hours race with no troubles. Indeed each team has its own problem (sometimes it is a small one like a slow puncture 10 mins before the end of the race, sometimes not...) and Le Mans is...Le Mans, a track...hum no...a road that is totally different from something else, where EVERYTHING can happen. Yo ucan ask Peugeot ^^ and I think you have better seen last year results and 2007's where a slow Pescarolo manage to be on the podium !

There are plenty of example showing that this isn't only about the performance but really about efficiency, luck, and what the track want. A german team manager once said :"You win Monaco GP, you win Indianapolis 500, you survive Le Mans"

Le Mans is David vs Goliath, Jaguar vs Mercedes, Matra vs Ferrari, Rondeau vs Porsche, Pescarolo vs Audi. the victories of David, are why Le Mans is so beautiful.
Quote from BlueFlame :Who cares it's an ugly car and nothing special, only ricers to fap about it since it's 'Acura'. Good riddence I say. Never understood some of the LMP1 teams, why bother showing for Le Mans when you're diabolically off the pace? Why not pour into LMP2 when (ATM) there aren't any proper factory teams.

facepalm.jpg
OK point made, but in modern motorsport, especially with the likes of Audi, you ain't gonna get a mechanical failure like you did in the old days. Engines are built to last these days more than ever. You can't just hope someone infront is gonna drop out although to a major extent that's what Le Mans is, but if you're not close to the pace you can't expect to win. My peeve is that the Highcroft Acura kept getting fascinated over when it's nothing special, I'd take a C60 anyday.
Then you must also say RS Spyder was nothing special. Also, Sebring 2011.

My point was that now one of the best cars* has no team and one of the best teams has no car. This tells something about the sport.

* Subject to BlueFlame's approval
Quote from deggis :Then you must also say RS Spyder was nothing special. Also, Sebring 2011.

My point was that now one of the best cars* has no team and one of the best teams has no car. This tells something about the sport.

Yea the RS Spyder WAS nothing special.

It tells nothing about the sport. Japan crisis has nothing to do with the sport. Sure if you're talking about some kind of work-around, but maybe theres more to it than just the disaster, why did it take them up until NOW to annouce the de-registration for Le Mans? I call bullshits
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea the RS Spyder WAS nothing special.

Short or just selective memory? P2 championship in 2008 ALMS.

Quote :It tells nothing about the sport. Japan crisis has nothing to do with the sport. Sure if you're talking about some kind of work-around, but maybe theres more to it than just the disaster, why did it take them up until NOW to annouce the de-registration for Le Mans? I call bullshits

I wasn't even talking about the Japan crisis. One of the best teams can't secure funding even when they have a fast car and are semi-connected with a manufacturer. That tells something. ("Sport" here = mainly ALMS)
Low attractiveness of the series.
I just booked my tickets. Who else is actually going to Le Mans this year?
Quote from deggis :Low attractiveness of the series.

Yea I suppose on that basis it makes sense. Maybe they just need to bring GT more into play interms with getting outright results. That's how you would get a manufacturer like Honda involved.
Quote from Osco :I just booked my tickets. Who else is actually going to Le Mans this year?

Me.

Well, I hope so.

EDIT: I am also surprised that they pull back. Other teams, even motorcycle teams can still operate, and they can't? Where's the base?
well there is really a huge mone ygap between motorcyle and cars.

24 hours of Le Mans invitation is 55 000 €. With that money you only have the right to participate. You have to add the cost of the car (LMP2 are 400 000 €, LMP1 are > 800 000 €), fuel (something like 4 € per liter), tyres (really expensive too), miscellaneous other things like oil and of course something like 3 bodywork sets, wishbones, ... One more figure, carbon fiber Brembo LMP brakes are 55 000 €...

So I let you imagine how much Le Mans cost ^^ You have to find at least 1 million euros to compete in LMP1 (with a back grid car) and I doubt motorcycle cost that much.

I'll be in Le Mans too
Quote from Osco :I just booked my tickets. Who else is actually going to Le Mans this year?

Meeeeeeeee
Looking forward to see and hearing that car again!

Le Mans/ILMC/ALMS 2011
(690 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG