The online racing simulator
Quote from DevilDare :Hmm. That was my first impression too, but looking at the replay it looks like Dumas turned in on the GTC Porsche himself.

Duh? He's trying to stay off Peugeot who knows it is 3 wide but cuts across toward Audi anyways. Pretty obvious that the Peugeot driver was being dirty after seeing that move in the chicane. Dumas was just taking it easy, backing off then. He waited and took advantage from Peugeot being slowed down coming off the corner. Dumas saw Peugeot cutting across his nose. Instead of taking them both out, he also tried to move to the left. Even the Porsche tried as well, and it still ended in contact.

Listening to the Peugeot driver now, just look at the smirk on his face. He acted like he didn't even know the Audi was there. Take it as you wish, but it was pretty clear what just happened.
peugeot is therefore world champion... well or how you call the champion this year...
Really? Watch the replay again... Montagny did not squeeze Dumas in any way. He held his line like he is entitled to...

By the way, I am a die hard Audi fan, but even I can see that it was simply a misjudgement from Dumas.
There was enough room, but he thought most likely to have already passed the GT car. There was enough room left to the Peugeot... anyways I believe I wouldn't have reacted differently when I see my opponent making a move into my way...
Replay

Watching the replay couple more times, it actually does look like Montagny moves over a bit. However, the road does kink to the left, so...

Hard one to call indeed. I would have to still say 70/30 to Dumas though. It was hard but fair racing from Montagny.

Edit... Twitter:

Quote :Declan Brennan
Just in, witnessed in pits: Dumas was pulled off Montagny and prevented from throwing a punch! Very heated exchange between the two

Phil's right, Dumas moved left to avoid the Peugeot thinking he was either ahead of the GTC car, or that the GTC car would back out of it. Montagny squeezed him, all of the drivers for Peugeot seem to be guilt of doing stupid shit, especially actions that impede competitors...
DD: I really don't see how you get that decision, but to each their own.

Dumas in his interview said it well. "It's okay for that type of racing in the corner, I see why he did it in 10A, its hard racing. But to make a move like that on a straight? That's completely unnecessary."

The "kink" is nearly nothing. The Peugeot had 3 car widths to his right. Sure, you don't want to "give the lead away", but there is a big difference to giving way and clearly turning into a car. Even as the Audi was sliding off you can see the Peugeot continuing to the left.

I'm no big fan of Audi, I'm just the guy who wants to watch a clean and hard fought race, but it seems Peugeot can't get the grasp of the clean bit (Thinks back to Le Man).

Disappointing, I wanted to see this one go to the end.
Damn! Leave it to GT's to put on a show. Freaking awesome!
Fantastic news.

Hybrid engine? Toyota is probably the best manufacturer for that type of powerplant, but I think it's a bit high-risk for a works return debut.

Anyway, looking forward to them taking the fight to Audi and Peugot. Just need Aston Martin to come up with a decent car next year!
Quote from samjh :Hybrid engine? Toyota is probably the best manufacturer for that type of powerplant, but I think it's a bit high-risk for a works return debut.

It was a more like a given.

Quote :Anyway, looking forward to them taking the fight to Audi and Peugot. Just need Aston Martin to come up with a decent car next year!

AMR should probably go to ALMS with the Lola and stop embarrassing themselves.
http://www.motorstv.com/car/en ... ad-toyota-le-mans-assault

Toyota's driver line-up will be Alexander Wurz, Kazuki Nakajima, and Nicholas Lapierre.

It's a good line-up I think. Wurz and Lapierre are strong endurance racers, and Nakajima has two seasons of experience in Super-GT (paired with Andre Lotterer this season, with whom he also races in Formula Nippon with Lotterer leading and Nakajima second).

Surely they will run at least one other car, and I wonder what the line-up will be for that one.
Maybe Ralf Schumacher
Lotterer is a favorite in the local media, because he has LMP1 experience with Audi and because he drives under a Japanese license.
Bargh. Hope Lotterer stays with Audi.
Quote from DevilDare :Bargh. Hope Lotterer stays with Audi.

He drives for Toyota in SuperGT (Lexus Brand) and Formula Nippon, however.
I know. Thats why I said I hope.
Petrol Hybrid. Phew, hope it sounds like this
Quote from TFalke55 :and because he drives under a Japanese license.

They need to change that (the way the flags are shown in tv). It makes the F-ing sense to show the license instead of home country because 99% of viewers do not know.
Quote from deggis :They need to change that (the way the flags are shown in tv). It makes the F-ing sense to show the license instead of home country because 99% of viewers do not know.

It's the Eddie Irvine syndrome.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's the Eddie Irvine syndrome.

That was more like a scandal. This is just stupid and unneeded. McNish - Monegasque, Lotterer - Japanese flag... not at all confusing for the average viewer.

Hopefully one of the changes WEC brings.
Quote from deggis :That was more like a scandal. This is just stupid and unneeded. McNish - Monegasque, Lotterer - Japanese flag... not at all confusing for the average viewer.

Hopefully one of the changes WEC brings.

Yea I always lol'd at McNish with Monagasque flag tbh.

There's a hell of alot more too. Didn't Erik Comas race under Belgian flag for a while? Or did I imagine that?
"Home" country is not a clear-cut thing.

Ho-Pin Tung is ethnic Chinese, but born in the Netherlands.

Nelsinho Piquet was born in Germany, but raised in Monaco and Brazil.

Nico Rosberg famously holds dual citizenship for Finland and Germany, but grew up in Monaco and still lives there.

In the end, I think their flag should simply be what the driver identifies him or herself as, rather than what someone else tells them.
Other examples. Michael Ammermüller is shown from the United Emirates.
You even have in F1 the problem, that a Swiss driver with Italian relatives is shown as French driver. I'm speaking of Buemi. Michael Schumacher calls Switzerland his home, his brother Ralf calls Austria his home. Still, Ecclestone TV can speak to everyone in the field, to what nation he feels related. ACO TV would have too many people to ask, they simply use the entry lists, and they show the contry where your license comes from. In the USA it differs. They even show if you are English, Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish, instead of British as European based stations and series do.

Le Mans/ILMC/ALMS 2011
(690 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG