The online racing simulator
Quote from TFalke55 :Other examples. Michael Ammermüller is shown from the United Emirates.

Same with Andreas Zuber too right?

Eitherway 'choosing' a nationality is bullshit, you don't choose your nationality, you are what you are, you shouldn't get a choice.

If I have Dutch and German parent but I live in Holland then I'm Dutch and visa-versa, just like Nico Rosbergs mother is German so he is classified as a German (which is correct). If you live in a country but your family aren't of that nationality then you should race under their nationality.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Petrol Hybrid. Phew, hope it sounds like this

read that Toyota most likely uses the same base 3.8 V8 (destroked 3UZ-FE) they provided to Rebellion racing this year, which is Toyotas allround race engine, used in SuperGT and Formular Nippon cars.
Quote from BlueFlame :Eitherway 'choosing' a nationality is bullshit, you don't choose your nationality, you are what you are, you shouldn't get a choice.
If you live in a country but your family aren't of that nationality then you should race under their nationality.

If you are more than one nationality, but your parents are not, then what?

Nico Rosberg is not identified as German because it is "correct". He is identified as German because he happens to travel on a German passport for convenience. He identifies himself neither as Finnish nor German. If he chooses to use a Finnish passport and race under the Finnish flag, there would be nothing wrong with that.

Then there is the odd case of Ho-Pin Tung. Born in the Netherlands, a Dutch citizen, born of Chinese parents. He races using a Chinese license. If he chooses to use a Dutch license instead, who are we to say that's wrong because his parents are Chinese? The choice is up to him.

Of course there are common sense limits. If a person is not a citizen and doesn't live in a particular country, then obviously that person cannot identify him/herself as that nationality. But if a person holds multiple citizenships, they should - by right - have a choice under what flag they race under, regardless of parents' nationality.

Quote from ACCAkut :read that Toyota most likely uses the same base 3.8 V8 (destroked 3UZ-FE) they provided to Rebellion racing this year, which is Toyotas allround race engine, used in SuperGT and Formular Nippon cars.

Sensible choice for them. It's a proven engine. Reliable, with plenty of power and potential to tune further. I wonder where the electric unit will come from.
Quote from samjh :

Then there is the odd case of Ho-Pin Tung. Born in the Netherlands, a Dutch citizen, born of Chinese parents.

Yea, then he ain't Dutch. My belief is that you should only be classed with an alternate nationality (in this case) after 3 generations of the family have lived in a country. Nowadays you get brothers on different national football teams etc. Soon nationality won't mean anything other than the place where you were born. Which is irrelevant to the person you are in alot of cases.

If I was born in Holland, I sure as hell wouldn't call myself Dutch, because I wouldn't be. Just like if my son was born in another country he will be the same nationality as me and my wife.

It's quite a subjective matter, I'm not gonna beat down on anyone who does it, but I just feel there has to be a line drawn soon or everyone is going to have their fingers in everyone elses pies.
Anyway, my point was that deciding the flag shown on tv based on the driver's passport(s) makes a lot more sense in most cases than showing the license. License is illogical because most viewers expect the flag to mean the nationality. It would be almost better to show no flag at all instead of the license because it's irrelevant information.
Quote from deggis :Anyway, my point was that deciding the flag shown on tv based on the driver's passport(s) makes a lot more sense in most cases than showing the license. License is illogical because most viewers expect the flag to mean the nationality. It would be almost better to show no flag at all instead of the license because it's irrelevant information.

I speak for everyone when I say I agree with this.

2012 FIA World Endurance Championship Schedule

March 17 - 60th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring (USA)
May 5 - Six Hours of Spa (Belgium)
June 3 - Le Mans Test Day (France)
June 16-17 - 24 Hours of Le Mans (France)
Aug. 25 - Six Hours of Silverstone (UK)
Sept. 16 - Six Hours of Sao Paulo (Brazil)*
Sept. 30 - Six Hours of Mt. Fuji (Japan)
Oct. 20 - Six Hours of Bahrain (Bahrain)**
Nov. 11/18 - Six Hours of China (TBA)

*Subject to confirmation

** Pending riots
Quote from deggis :
2012 FIA World Endurance Championship Schedule

March 17 - 60th Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring (USA)
May 5 - Six Hours of Spa (Belgium)
June 3 - Le Mans Test Day (France)
June 16-17 - 24 Hours of Le Mans (France)
Aug. 25 - Six Hours of Silverstone (UK)
Sept. 16 - Six Hours of Sao Paulo (Brazil)*
Sept. 30 - Six Hours of Mt. Fuji (Japan)
Oct. 20 - Six Hours of Bahrain (Bahrain)**
Nov. 11/18 - Six Hours of China (TBA)

*Subject to confirmation

** Pending riots

Pending riots? Why not just drop it and put, oh I don't know, a good track in its stead? So many easy picks: Nurburgring, Jerez, Portimao, Imola, Istanbul, Red Bull Ring, or even Abu Dhabi.

I wonder which track they will use in China. Surely only Shanghai would be up to standard.
Bahrain? What the hell? They decided to replace Petit Le Mans with that abomination of track?
Great battles at the moment, using Audi TV + RLM.
Quote from boothy :Great battles at the moment, using Audi TV + RLM.

Same, RLM a bit delayed for me, but it's worth it. Lets hope McNish can get 3rd and 2nd back, hopefully close down for the win.

EDIT : just used the 'on-board' feature on audi livestream, so awesome to hear everything, even drivers swapping small notes about car performance on driver switch. You can even hear the drivers talking on the radio!
Seems like Ferrari cars have have Audi magnets in them, cos they have kept ramming them and screwing their races all season long.... lol

CONSPIRACY THEORIES, TIN FOIL HATS. WOOO
Depends on your taste.
Ain't so bad, I didn't think the old DP was ugly anyway maybe that's just cos it made a nice sound! XD
looks good, like a mix of Nissans R390 GT1 and the Ultima GTR.
Personally looked like an old Saleen to me.
Looks like a corvette to me
Looks like someone pinched the roof on the GT car... Ugly as a pig in sh*t

[EDIT] Actually, I take that back. Kinda. The side profile is nice. The rest is still terrible, though.
It looks a lot like this "LMP-Evo" too:
http://www.endurance-info.com/ ... alifs/ConfACO_lmp2010.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1189/corvettelmp11.jpg

First photo is from 2007 and it was then thought to be the ACO's illustration - the second photo is a scale model sitting at Pratt & Miller's shop. Looked cool but I prefer full prototypes.

The fact that that "Corvette" is only a bodywork... might lead to interesting combinations. The chassis will still be Riley/Dallara/whatever and could end up having non-GM engine (or will the bodywork be bundled with the engine choice?)
Quote from deggis :The fact that that "Corvette" is only a bodywork... might lead to interesting combinations. The chassis will still be Riley/Dallara/whatever and could end up having non-GM engine (or will the bodywork be bundled with the engine choice?)

"Purchase 2 engines and we'll throw in some Fiber Glass, free of charge!"
I dunno why people say it's ugly, I think it's awesome, looks alot like the Mosler MT900 at the back.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zYdK ... 600/Mosler-MT900-Back.jpg

I think it's better looking than the old DP. I think it's better looking than alot of things. In that blue livery, to me it kinda has a Dauer 962 flava about it.

Le Mans/ILMC/ALMS 2011
(690 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG