The online racing simulator
Anyone else just see the R8C happening all over again?
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from Flingoko :Looking forward to see and hearing that car again!

It doesn't have the same sound anymore :'( it is a bit uglier but still the best on track
well, Lucas may be really talented, but he still needs a lot of experience for endurance racing, mental as much as physical. Its an interesting (and cheap) way to train that. I know how it feels like being woken up after 4 hours of sleep to drive a VW T4 with no radio(!) for another 4 hours on french motorways, can't imagine racing a car after so little sleep.

Wonder what that GTR does in MPG, idling along at 2k rpm through nightly Somerset
Kinda nice sound !
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
:jawdrop:
Quote :FIA WORLD ENDURANCE CHAMPIONSHIP

In partnership with the Automobile Club de L’Ouest (ACO), an FIA World Endurance Championship will be created in 2012.

The calendar, comprising at least six events, will include the Le Mans 24 Hours.

FIA World Endurance Championship titles will be awarded to Constructors and Drivers, and an FIA GT Endurance World Cup will be created for Constructors.

Also:

Quote :GT

From 2012 a new ‘GT World class’ will be created, balancing the performance of 2011 GT1 cars, 2009 GT2 cars and 2011 GT3 cars to enable them to compete in a single FIA GT World Championship. A review of the performance of these three categories of cars will be conducted in order to open up the Championship to a greater number of makes.

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/media ... 11/Pages/wmsc-030611.aspx
Not sure what to think of this. Could go both ways...
Yes, big risk. I honestly didn't believe this was going to happen this soon. Bar is probably going to raise on many levels so that it's just not a rebranded ILMC.

Also the announcement was kept under under wraps pretty well... rumors started only today.
What made the ACO change their mind? They always blocked everything FIA related in the past
Quote from ACCAkut :What made the ACO change their mind?

The prestige that comes with "World Championship"?
Fellas, sorry if this has been asked before, but do you know any stream for following live the Lemans race next weekend?

Thanks!
Finally, GT goes endurance and multiclass again... The racing in the SRO format was great, but when I think GT I'm thinking Spa 12 Hours, not the overly television-friendly 2 races 1 hour... The drivers were bored also it seems, with constant cockpit-swapping and half the field drove both GT1 and GT3... And since SRO failed to get even 20 cars on the grid this year, I think the logical step was to go back...
Quote from BurnOut69 :Fellas, sorry if this has been asked before, but do you know any stream for following live the Lemans race next weekend?

Thanks!

myp2pforum.eu will have streams, but the situation with them is only clear when the race starts. So, if you want to sleep well like I am planning to and like I have done for past two years, pay 5 € and get Eurosport Player for one month (then you can cancel the subscription). Depending on the country it even has HD quality as an option. I think it is pretty cheap if you divide the price with 24 hours. Since this "player" has both of Eurosport's channels (since the coverage alternates between the main channel and Eurosport 2), you can see all of the practices too.
Quote from bbman :Finally, GT goes endurance and multiclass again... The racing in the SRO format was great, but when I think GT I'm thinking Spa 12 Hours, not the overly television-friendly 2 races 1 hour... The drivers were bored also it seems, with constant cockpit-swapping and half the field drove both GT1 and GT3... And since SRO failed to get even 20 cars on the grid this year, I think the logical step was to go back...

It's confusing but if I understood correctly:

Current GT1 World Champ. = "GT World Championship" + class merging
Current GT2 (officially "GT-E") in ACO racing = "Endurance World Cup"

They'll stay separate and not much is probably going to change in the Ratel series race format wise.
Yes they will make a single category with GT1, GT2 2009 and GT3 for GT world championship but I don't get it...
Why would a team choose to take a GT1 or a GT2 over a GT3? They are alot more expensive ^^
If you have the money to compete at the top, then there's no reason not to. especially when the class isn't being dominated by a team.

The new championship sounds pretty interesting to pull off however, but doing it at Le Mans might be a bit messy. That would be 5 Classes and 6 if they continue with the Pro and Am. Prototype teams must be fuming with anger at the massive amount of traffic they're going to have to put up with.
no you're not getting it: GT1 ,GT2 and GT3 will run in the SAME category.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :The new championship sounds pretty interesting to pull off however, but doing it at Le Mans might be a bit messy. That would be 5 Classes and 6 if they continue with the Pro and Am. Prototype teams must be fuming with anger at the massive amount of traffic they're going to have to put up with.

It is confusing. It could be that the current GT-E (ex-GT2 + ACO's modifications) remains as it is and only Ratel's series combines the classes. The Pro/Am separation is open too, the WMSC decision doesn't even mention LMP2 and obviously that's not going away, so not mentioning Pro/Am might mean status quo remains.
I have no issue with giving the finger or maybe a fist to let him know whats going down during post race ceremonies, but at a 120+ MPH? Come on now...
And the retard of the year award goes to...
Quote from ACCAkut :What made the ACO change their mind? They always blocked everything FIA related in the past

Jean Todt
Not sure if there was much to block in the past. I assume FIA and ACO has collaborated quite a lot recently with the flying cars issue.

Might be also important to remeber that Todt had a front row seat with Peugeot when the shat started hitting the fan in 1992.

Le Mans/ILMC/ALMS 2011
(690 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG