The online racing simulator
Flash might look like this if it's too much for the CPU and usage is like 100% all the time, but it's definitely not that either.

The bitrate seems to be about 1000 kbps, btw. Surprisingly high bitrate compared to the picture quality (the low fps doesnt help tho).
Quote from DevilDare :Is it just me or is the stream a bit "choppy"?

Like FPS lag.

FPS lag on stream means laggy connection.

Infact when watching a stream, It's naive to assume you're gonna get smooth playback anyway. After all, it's free coverage, it's bound to be choppy.
Quote from BlueFlame :FPS lag on stream means laggy connection.

Infact when watching a stream, It's naive to assume you're gonna get smooth playback anyway. After all, it's free coverage, it's bound to be choppy.

Urgh...

Do you bother reading other posts?
Quote from DevilDare :Urgh...

Do you bother reading other posts?

I didn't miss anything, so what's your point?
Quote from BlueFlame :I didn't miss anything, so what's your point?

Well...

Quote :Laguna Seca last year was much, much better and smoother. So what gives?

..for one.

And again, its not the internet.

Just did a speed test and got 12Mb. Downloads speeds max out too, which means the connection isnt having problems at the moment.
Here "choppy" = low fps of the video itself. Nothing to do with insufficient bandwidth of the client end.. or even the server because 1 Mbit is still pretty decent bitrate for a stream.
Anyway, good session.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
LMPC qualifying was pretty exciting to watch.
Quote from DevilDare :

Just did a speed test and got 12Mb. Downloads speeds max out too, which means the connection isnt having problems at the moment.

Speed tests don't mean shit, it's all about your connection to something else. Just cos you got 12mb internet (supposedly as all companies say they provide more than they do) doesn't mean you're gonna get a 12mb connection to everything you try to connect to. It will be reletive to the distance that the server is located from you.
Quote from BlueFlame :Speed tests don't mean shit, it's all about your connection to something else. Just cos you got 12mb internet (supposedly as all companies say they provide more than they do) doesn't mean you're gonna get a 12mb connection to everything you try to connect to. It will be reletive to the distance that the server is located from you.

I am honestly starting to believe you never read past the first sentence....

You so dumb. Please stop being so dumb.
Quote from DevilDare :I am honestly starting to believe you never read past the first sentence....

You so dumb. Please stop being so dumb.

No, me not so dumb, you don't understand internets.
LOL more talk about the stream than the results?

So, who owned qualy?
Quote from BlueFlame :No, me not so dumb, you don't understand internets.

If I play a video on from my harddrive that has 5 frames per second, is it choppy because of my interweb?
Quote from deggis :If I play a video on from my harddrive that has 5 frames per second, is it choppy because of my interweb?

It's from your harddrive, not a stream.

Choppy stream can be caused by a shitty connection. People take offense when their connection is questioned, I find it funny. Eitherway, connection doesn't mean limited to the internet, it could be a sattelite uplink fail. Choppy stream can be a fragile connection, enough to view the picture but not enough to keep it playing smoothly. It's not hard to figure out, it's common sense, as you will notice when your stream cuts off all together, it will start chopping and the sound will become distorted 9 times out of 10 before the stream picture disconnects completely and it has to re-buffer.
FFS.

The point was that it's no different from streaming video because if the video has x frames per second, then it has x frames per second and a perfect fiber connection is not going double the fps.

Often choppy means exactly what you mean but not now. Everyone supposedly has meant the fps.

Sounds like you didn't even watch the stream, so...
Quote from deggis :FFS.

The point was that it's no different from streaming video because if the video has x frames per second, then it has x frames per second and a perfect fiber connection is not going double the fps.

Often choppy means exactly what you mean but not now. Everyone supposedly has meant the fps.

Dont bother with him... Its like talking to a wall....
That's pretty harsh on walls, at least they listen and are useful when you bounce a ball off them...
Quote from deggis :

Yes, that is what confuses me most, choppy is when the screen is torn, almost like a GFX failure, I did watch the stream, I didn't have a problem with 'chopping' at all anyway. Any problem must be clientside.
Some people also claim 25 fps in games is very smooth. It's either that or you still didn't get it. :rolleyes:
-
(Flingoko) DELETED by Flingoko
Video and Audio are both shitty quality, what a shame.

Blueflame, you're a fucking idiot.
Was fine here until about 2 seconds ago

EDIT: OK again now

Le Mans/ILMC/ALMS 2011
(690 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG