The online racing simulator
Single cars anywhere for the most part is boring... Well unless you're Michael McDowell

Michael McDowell makes Qualify ... ally, Really Exciting!!!

I thought they had drafting practice earlier this month or last already.. the Shootout is only 23 days away

Not all of the changes were bad (double file restarts for 1), but can't they just leave the All-Star Race and the Bud Shootout alone just for once?
Quote from Cornys :I thought they had drafting practice earlier this month or last already.. the Shootout is only 23 days away

Think that might have been the Goodyear tire test. This is the official preseason test on the new track, guess there's like 40 teams down there or something, hopefully some more action tomorrow afternoon, biggest pack I saw today was only 5 cars. 23 days until the Shootout...but more importantly the 500 is only a month away.

Double file restarts is probably the best rule change Nascar has made in a while.
Ah, that's what that was. You're right because the infield was closed durring that time.
Quote from UncleBenny :I saw this on the iRacing forums a while back.

I find it funny how Draught is mis-spelt on the 2 car. It would be a pretty good pun, if they actually meant it to be.
Draft? How is that misspelled if that's what we call it.
I think that scheme's one of the simplest, most brilliant schemes you can get. I never did like his Lite scheme either. It was okay on Max's Champcar, but can't beat the MGD scheme IMHO
Quote from UncleBenny :Draft? How is that misspelled if that's what we call it.

Because a draft is an planning document and or a form of wind.
It would of been funny if they had of mispelt it for the reason of 'drafting' but I foresaw that it wasn't the case and that they miss the point of ironic advertising lol
It would be sweet if for one race everyone had to use throwback paint schemes. I know the sponsors are different now, but they could still paint them in that style. Kasey Kahne's Bud tribute car from last year was awesome.

I miss the early 90s schemes....
I miss the early 90's, the cars, tracks, rules, drivers...
Agreed. Bring back Wilkes for one. LOVED that track and racing it created. Heck, bring back DJ in the #18, bring back DW, the Intimidator, Alan, Davey, Even Swervan I'd be fine with
Well... That's interesting.
That's how I was hoping it would work, seems like it would be confusing completely ignoring the fact that some guys wouldn't be scoring points. Also, if the top Nationwide guy is running say, 6th, what would be his incentive to pass the top 5 guys if he knew he was guaranteed 1st place points anyway?
Because if he lags back he might be passed himself? It is a sloppy system to me. I mean... some races will have more cup drivers in it than others.
Cup drivers should stick to the cup, nationwide should be more about bringing new talent in rather then watching cup drivers in slower cars.
Quote from Mustafur :Cup drivers should stick to the cup, nationwide should be more about bringing new talent in rather then watching cup drivers in slower cars.

Actually I think Cup drivers in the Nationwide and Truck series's is a good thing because it gives the guys somebody to watch that they know knows what he's doing. I like what NASCAR has done with this rule as well.
Quote from PMD9409 :Because if he lags back he might be passed himself? It is a sloppy system to me. I mean... some races will have more cup drivers in it than others.

Not if he's not being threatened by any Nationwide guys behind him. I guess I just don't see the problem with this system, you score the points you would have gotten if the Cup guys did count, but they aren't actually running for the title. The race could be 95% Cup drivers, the guys running for the Nationwide title will be scored based on how well they did against them, and that seems fine to me.
So do we want to do Fantasy Nascar this year? It looks like Nascar.com has free fantasy leagues and its easy to set up, I'll make one if people are interested.
Quote from UncleBenny :Not if he's not being threatened by any Nationwide guys behind him. I guess I just don't see the problem with this system, you score the points you would have gotten if the Cup guys did count, but they aren't actually running for the title. The race could be 95% Cup drivers, the guys running for the Nationwide title will be scored based on how well they did against them, and that seems fine to me.

It has more positive than negatives no doubt, it just seems sloppy to me.

Quote from UncleBenny :So do we want to do Fantasy Nascar this year? It looks like Nascar.com has free fantasy leagues and its easy to set up, I'll make one if people are interested.

Yes please.
Good to go.

http://www.nascar.com/fantasy, click sign-up for NASCAR Fantasy Live

League name: LFSCAR 2011
Password: scavier

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG