The online racing simulator
He also crashed his team mate max papis down the backstraight on purpose. The dude is freakin clueless. Just like him spinning parker kligerman at dega, just a stupid clueless ****.
I agree Phil.

In other news. Tempers are flaring early and often at Martinsville. I've always loved this track
Epic finish. Feel bad for Brad, Matt, and Kyle. Carl is one lucky dude right now. Gotta say I am going for Tony though. He's earning it more right now IMO.

Oh and Brian gets to share the stupid **** award with Todd Bodine.
Anyone knows what happened to Montoya in the last laps?
What did Todd Bodine do to ruin his reputation?
Quote from Rappa Z :What did Todd Bodine do to ruin his reputation?

Wrecking his own teammate in the middle of a straightaway, plowing into another car after the race was over, just generally acting like a jerk. I never really liked the guy all that much anyway.

Awesome cup race Sunday, took forever with all the cautions but it was entertaining for the most part. Hate that Kenseth and Keselowski didn't end up with good finishes, if Stewart can't win the championship I wanted one of them. Tony is looking really strong, can't wait for these last three races.
According to Jayski, the Glen isn't getting a truck race after all. Boo. I wanted to see them test out running the long course with the trucks, would have been awesome.

Quote :Status of road course races being added to Camping World Truck Series 2012 schedule; On Twitter -- When NASCAR's Steve O'Donnell was asked about Watkins Glen being added, he "tweeted" in response - "Watkins Glen declined."

Sounds like they're still going to do Road America though.
The Glen declined? Surprised with that decision honestly.
Yeah, I have no idea why they'd do that. I thought they'd get a pretty decent crowd for the trucks, especially if they paired it up with the Grand Am 6 hour race.
My thoughts exactly, as they are doing similar stuff other weeks. Putting NASCAR and GrandAm together that is.
I posted about this on the Glen forums, this was the Glen president's response to the twitter comment:

Quote :takes two years to put together a program and we are planning for 2013, we hope! I think the comment was taken out of context since I have speaking to NASCAR about this for almost 2 years and the schedule needs to fit just right for both of us.

2013 is going to be a crazy year for me, I've already told myself I have to go to the V8 supercars in Texas and F1 in NJ. Add the trucks at the Glen to the list.
Add paying for an extra ticket plus a plane ticket and I will join you.
I'll start working on the budget for that.
Taken from else-where:
Quote :Yeah, the Champions on the old format would be:
04: Jeff Gordon
05: Tony Stewart
06: Jimmie Johnson
07: Jeff Gordon
08: Carl Edwards
09: Jimmie Johnson
10: Kevin Harvick

Sure, it kind of sucks to have someone lock it up a race or two before the end of the year, but it's a lot better to have that, then one guy winning it for half a decade.

Though they weren't rewarded it, I see Carl and Kevin as Championship caliber drivers.

Quote from PMD9409 :Taken from else-where:

Interestingly in 2008 Kyle Busch would of had possibly the biggest choke of all time and blown a 208 point lead in the final 10 races
Quote from PMD9409 :Taken from else-where:

I don't really think that's accurate though, you know people drove differently over the course of the season knowing that the Chase was coming. Would have been a different story if people knew they had to be leading all season and couldn't just wait until the Chase to turn things up.
Quote from UncleBenny :I don't really think that's accurate though, you know people drove differently over the course of the season knowing that the Chase was coming. Would have been a different story if people knew they had to be leading all season and couldn't just wait until the Chase to turn things up.

Completely agree, but thats why I never enjoyed Johnson winning championships. Another reason I don't like the Chase. It's decent this year, but maybe that's because I know Johnson ain't winning.
Yup, unfortunately Jimmie proved its too easy for one person to just be decent all year but then crank it up for the last 10 races and win the championship. I'm not saying he's a bad driver and couldn't win the championship without the Chase because I think he still would have had a couple titles, but there's no way he wins 5 in a row under the old format. The Chase is entertaining this year, but I'd still rather get rid of the Chase and keep the new points system, which I do like.
I think Jimmie would have raced a little differently had the chase not existed. He likely would have won all of those championships regardless. That's my opinion anyways.
Well, Kyle still is a douchebag. Proved that tonight.
Now to get them to park people like Vickers at Martinsville.
Deserved, but not far enough, I'd go as far as parking him across all three series, for the rest of the year and first few races of next year. If he'd have been in LFS, he'd have been perma'd. That was pure 100% premeditated, his spotter was saying to calm down.

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG