The online racing simulator
Nationwide race got a red flag after a big crash which was essentially caused by said corner cutting.

Silly amounts of cutting (40-50 feet off track if you can't see the race) but I doubt anything will be done until next year.
Quote from Rappa Z :Nationwide race got a red flag after a big crash which was essentially caused by said corner cutting.

Silly amounts of cutting (40-50 feet off track if you can't see the race) but I doubt anything will be done until next year.

Crash didn't really have anything to do with the cutting, IMO. Crash would have happened a lot sooner if he hadn't done it, since they were 3-wide. The wreck was just due to Leffler's idiocy.
Lap 1 mess however could have the cutting to blame. The thing I like about the dog leg is that it reminds me of the tunnel turn at Pocono. You can't go 3 wide or whatever through it.

In the Aric, Leffler, and Sadler situation, Sadler and Aric are ahead and have right to the corner. Leffler should back out, simple as that. Cutting isn't needed.

This morning though there seems to be implemented a yellow line rule, didn't get to see what was said in the conference myself. Heh, ESPN (Rusty/Brad) actually talking sense. I think I am dreaming.

Edit: Sorry, no yellow line rule. Was just a warning.
Here comes the crashes... Hope it doesn't keep this up all day.. I don't think it will
Hum... You know... We're going to have one hell of a championship battle this year
Stewart and Edwards 3 points apart.

Let's just hope they don't all retire and the 48 wins.
Quote from Mustafur :Stewart and Edwards 3 points apart.

Let's just hope they don't all retire and the 48 wins.

If the last 5 years have anything to say about it..
Well since no one but them two are mathematically able to win, I don't think the 48 will be winning this year.

Going to be good, and let me re-say something I said a couple pages back... Vickers is a stupid ****! What Kyle Petty said at the end of "NASCAR Victory Lane" was freaking hilarious.

"NASCAR, you have exploded the Kyle story all week, when are you going to get started on Vickers? What is boys have at it again? The guy needs a ride for next year, yet he is driving like this? There's a reason he doesn't currently have a ride for next year, it is because he can't go a race without wrecking someone."

Burn sauce. and this is coming from someone who hates Kyle Petty.
I was slightly surprised the racing was as good as it was on a brand new race track. Should only get better at Phoenix as the track weathers.

This is going to be one hell of a race next Sunday, you know Stewart and Edwards are both going to be running up front all day, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see one of them win.
Vickers proves that Boys have at it works.. people like him don't end up with race cars to drive..
he is an idiot, but Kyle Busch is a douschebag
Quote :UPDATE 2: The all-but-done deal to bring the Camping World Truck Series to Road America next season is done, but not in that way. Done, as in over. NASCAR and the track had hoped to package the truck race with the Nationwide Series and Grand Am on the weekend of June 23-24. The hangup? TV. Because of other commitments by NASCAR's television partners, a truck race couldn't be scheduled for that Sunday, Bruggenthies said. Grand Am and Nationwide are committed for Saturday. The other option was Friday, but to run an afternoon race on a traditional work day would not have made sense economically. Although the trucks often race on Fridays, those are nighttime events at tracks with lights. "We're all disappointed," Bruggenthies [track President] said. "You know what? We'll make it happen in the future. We're going to run a couple national NASCAR events on the same weekend in the future. I'm confident of it."(JournalSentinal.com)(11-3-2011)

Quote from PMD9409 :

Too bad.. I rather like that road course and I KNOW the trucks would make quite the show out of it
am i hearing that right?

Ambrose is testing for Roush Fenway?
Quote :David Ragan and Richard Petty Motorsports ally Marcos Ambrose for Roush Fenway Racing

They run the same engines (Roush/Yates FR9), therefore for their superspeedway package there isn't a problem taking Ambrose instead of championship contenders (Edwards/Kenseth) or Biffle. No different than if Hendrick took Newman along with Jr, after all they are taking Aric which is no different of situation.

Basically:
Q: Am I hearing that right?
A: No.

If you want a breakdown of who runs what equipment I'm sure we could all figure that out tomorrow. I'm in bed now, gotta be up in less than 5 hours.
It's kind of hilarious show of hypocrisy on nascar's part. Kyle did exactly the same thing week ago and got severe penalties. Now Vickers does it exactly the same thing and nothing happens. Exactly the same thing.

Watching the races is kind of fun but when this kind of stuff happens every race all the time it is just really hard to take nascar as a sport. It's more like wrestling. Soap opera racing. Constant endless drama, whining and purposeful wrecking with the random reaction from nascar. Strange mix of pure comedy and sirious bizniz... I've never laughed so loud when Vickers wrecked Kenseth (I think it was kenseth) knowing that nothing would be done about it. The totally different reaction from the commentators was just hilarious compared to what happened when Kyle did it. It is just just awkwardly hilarious.
Quote from Hyperactive :It's kind of hilarious show of hypocrisy on nascar's part. Kyle did exactly the same thing week ago and got severe penalties. Now Vickers does it exactly the same thing and nothing happens. Exactly the same thing.

Watching the races is kind of fun but when this kind of stuff happens every race all the time it is just really hard to take nascar as a sport. It's more like wrestling. Soap opera racing. Constant endless drama, whining and purposeful wrecking with the random reaction from nascar. Strange mix of pure comedy and sirious bizniz... I've never laughed so loud when Vickers wrecked Kenseth (I think it was kenseth) knowing that nothing would be done about it. The totally different reaction from the commentators was just hilarious compared to what happened when Kyle did it. It is just just awkwardly hilarious.

I suppose it's a uniquely American view of racing that nobody else agrees with. Fact is that NASCAR's hands off idea actually works. I know it's hard to beleive this, and you might not understand, but think about it and it's almost like Anarchy, and somehow it actually works. (Lets see if Kenseth wrecks Vickers again.. I doubt it.. I might be wrong, but I doubt it)

Begin cycle: Driver 1 wrecks Driver 2
Step #2: Driver 2 gets mad at Driver 1
Step #3: Exchange of word via-interviews or radio
Step #4: Driver 2 takes out anger on Driver 1
End of Cycle: Driver 1 learns to give Driver 2 his space despite continued anger.

In a really funny kind of way it works... After Homestead last year, have Stewart and Montoya fought any?

After Richmond have Johnson and Kurt Busch fought any?

Will Vickers and Kenseth have any more issues? Answer is no. No penalties were needed because they actually penalized one another over the course of 2 races. Makes no sence, but, when you look at it again, actually, it does.

Truck race was under caution as well. That is a whole nother situation entirely. There's the possability of track workers being put into danger in that instance and there was no chance at return retaliation, and it was on a points leader. Fact of the matter is that Matt should have just given Vickers room at Martinsville. Simple as that.

I beleive some kind of jesture to stop absolute crashing should be taken, but, Vickers basically destroyed his car to do that anyways. He took himself out of the race, and that's penalty enough for me.

Edit: Darby thinks that it was just ... hat he lifted way early..
Quote from Cornys :I suppose it's a uniquely American view of racing that nobody else agrees with. Fact is that NASCAR's hands off idea actually works.

It works as in it leads to people wrecking others on track on purpose. If that is what you want to see then sure it works because taking that approach surely does not make that stuff happen any less. But I'm sure the purposeful wrecking is one of the reasons why nascar actually lets it happen too. It adds drama, it adds some simple brawl aspects to the show that keeps the wwe fans interested and it keeps nascar in headlines.

Just throw some random penalty out there when a less popular driver does something that is deemed bad for the nascar image. Or heaven forbid someone says the f-word! Wrecking others at 200mph is fine but say some naughty words and the hands off approach changes to hands in your throat approach quicker than your front bumper finds the rear bumper of most wanted driver.

If nascar's approach actually worked I doubt kyle would get dozen probations every season.

It's not really odd that if the sanctioning body decides to do nothing then the drivers will take justice in their own hands and do the penalizing themselves. I just think it is just plain hilarious how bad job nascar is doing with policing that. Penalize kyle, do not penalize vickers for the exact same thing. It is just awkwardly bad and for me it just really hard to take it seriously when acting like pissed 6 year olds is the norm and the sanctioning body does its best to make the 6 year olds get pissed as often as possible.

Anyways, that's just my take on it.
Quote from Hyperactive :It works as in it leads to people wrecking others on track on purpose. If that is what you want to see then sure it works because taking that approach surely does not make that stuff happen any less. But I'm sure the purposeful wrecking is one of the reasons why nascar actually lets it happen too. It adds drama, it adds some simple brawl aspects to the show that keeps the wwe fans interested and it keeps nascar in headlines.

Just throw some random penalty out there when a less popular driver does something that is deemed bad for the nascar image. Or heaven forbid someone says the f-word! Wrecking others at 200mph is fine but say some naughty words and the hands off approach changes to hands in your throat approach quicker than your front bumper finds the rear bumper of most wanted driver.

If nascar's approach actually worked I doubt kyle would get dozen probations every season.

It's not really odd that if the sanctioning body decides to do nothing then the drivers will take justice in their own hands and do the penalizing themselves. I just think it is just plain hilarious how bad job nascar is doing with policing that. Penalize kyle, do not penalize vickers for the exact same thing. It is just awkwardly bad and for me it just really hard to take it seriously when acting like pissed 6 year olds is the norm and the sanctioning body does its best to make the 6 year olds get pissed as often as possible.

Anyways, that's just my take on it.

Opinion is opinion. I don't disagree, but I as simply putting out the counter argument. As I did say, I'd like to see them do a little more about it than what they do. The way that I run my own events is the way I'd like the Real NASCAR to run them as far as penalties anyways

Late in the year this year it has gotten way out of hand.

You guys did hear about the likely elimination of tandem drafting on Superspeedways didn't you?
Quote from Cornys :You guys did hear about the likely elimination of tandem drafting on Superspeedways didn't you?

You did just make a post about it...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You did just make a post about it...

I'm aware. I assumed there would be comment was all. It wasn't stated directly in my first post.
I'm interested to see what comes of today's Daytona test, I REALLY hope they can get rid of the two-car drafting before the Daytona 500. Can't stand that racing.

Slightly off topic, but I'm not going to make a new thread becaue I doubt many people around here care about Grand Am. The new Daytona Prototypes are sweet looking.

Quote from UncleBenny :Slightly off topic, but I'm not going to make a new thread becaue I doubt many people around here care about Grand Am. The new Daytona Prototypes are sweet looking.

To be honest, it nearly looks like a GT car
It does look a little too much like a Saleen S7.

I'll take it over the old prototypes though.

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG