The online racing simulator
2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
Roush engines blowing up, he better hope they didn't do to his engine what they did to ambroses and ragans
I wouldn't mind...
Sorry for the rain guys, Florida isn't being nice currently.
it's stopped raining now though I think...
Gordon, HArvick, and Truex should just pull over at the start and let them duke it out 1-on-1 for the rest of the race.
Come on, Tony vs. Carl, tied in the points @ 18 to go. Carl has to pass him to win the champ, go go!
Great win, great championship.
Tony is a freakin beast. That whole team is, but he freakin earned that one with that drive tonight. Absolutely epic.

I seriously can watch the Atlanta race from 1992 a bunch of times and always love it eventhough my favorite driver lost by the smallest of margins, but this race is now right there with it.
That was the best championship battle that I have seen in a long time. The rain could have been done without, but the race was very clean and agressive just like I'd like to see it, and the battle was tence clear until the end. Good old fashioned NASCAR racing really

'Gratz to Stewart and his organization for the championship well won, but I was rooting for Edwards

Very nice race tonight, best I have seen in the last couple of weeks, and not 1 "debis" caution that I saw. (though, the rain did that for them)

NASCAR had a meeting between Vickers and Kenseth in the week off. I know you guys will say that NASCAR doesn't do anything about that stuff, but, they do attempt to put a stop to it without much intervention. American fans always complain when you take away driver freedom.

I'm ready for next year
its a shame Tony's car was not ruined by the debris
/rage fu chevy!!!
Edwards was just looking for a face palm when he said Stewart wasn't up for the challenge a few races back.
Quote from Mustafur :Edwards was just looking for a face palm when he said Stewart wasn't up for the challenge a few races back.

"Just wait until Homestead"

"Don't worry, we will get him at Homestead"

"I'm so glad the season ends at Homestead"

"The Fords run great at Homestead"

That's pretty much how he lost. If he worried about finishing at the top of the other final 3 races (he started saying that at Martinsville), then he wouldn't be having that problem. Sure he finished 2nd the last three races, but that doesn't mean anything when Stewart goes out and wins two of them and finished 3rd (one spot behind Edwards) in the other.

Just goes to show that not even consecutive 2nd place finishes were enough this year.
Man, Tony Stewart just showed why he is one of NASCAR's best ever drivers.

To come from 18th to top ten, to the back of the pack and then to win... Wow. Can't think that anyone could say he didn't deserve it!
Just like I kind of figured, it came down to whoever won the race won the title. Glad Tony pulled it off after the debris thing early and then the pit stop problems he had, he was just flying all day long. I was really worried when they started messing with fuel mileage near the end there, thought they were going to throw it away but the rain came right at the right time for him. Great season, can't wait for Daytona in a couple months.
Quote from UncleBenny :I was really worried when they started messing with fuel mileage near the end there, thought they were going to throw it away but the rain came right at the right time for him.

I was like "WTF WTF WTF NO DON'T DO THIS!!!"

Gonna be impossible to top this next year, but can't wait. Off to watch NFL all winter now.
Quote from PMD9409 :Off to watch NFL all winter now.

I don't watch until playoff time, and I only watch then to keep me from getting bored out of my head during the off seaon for NASCAR and the rest of racing (The 24 hour race happens in the off week before the Super Bowl, and the Shootout will be the next weekend this year

Also, did anybody find it ironic that Kurt Busch blew up on the first few laps with everything going on within that team? Crew Cheif leaving after the end of the race? Hum.... Kurt's been treating his team like they weren't worth a penny too...
You catch him flicking people off on TV? As inappropriate as some might see it, I get a good chuckle out of people's rage.
Haha, did he really do that? Was it when he was driving to the garage? My brother said he thought he was giving people the finger but I wasn't paying attention.

Edit: Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg7FXmE1Rds
He can take anger management sessions with his brother. It would be great family bonding time
Truck schedule released:

Quote :Feb 24: Daytona International Speedway
Mar 31: Martinsville Speedway
Apr 15: Rockingham Speedway
Apr 21: Kansas Speedway
May 18: Charlotte Motor Speedway
Jun 1: Dover International Speedway
Jun 8: Texas Motor Speedway
Jun 28: Kentucky Speedway
Jul 14: Iowa Speedway
Jul 21: Chicagland Speedway
Aug 4: Pocono Raceway