The online racing simulator
They need to return to Memphis then
Alot of good moves by driver to avoid that crash there. Gotta get out the track blowers and sweep all of that grass off of the track now, and then they can go back racing Should be a fun race the rest of the way
Paul Menard from nowhere to win it on fuel mileage. What a race to remember! I joked to my father "He's gonna hit the wall comming off of 4 and lose the race" lol. Not as memorable as the 500 this year was, but what a race track, and what a race
Quote from PMD9409 :I told you guys about the IRP failure 3 weeks ago!

Grats to Paul Menard. Interesting race today. Stands looked quite empty in many areas, but I guess that's still "alot" for there. I didn't mine those long green flag runs one bit.

Yeah, you did, I just don't watch alot of Nationwide and Truck races, so I didn't care much (Time is my reason, not desire). Anyways, when you have seating for 256,000 and you've got alot of empty spots, but mostly people all the way around, I'd estimate the attendance to be around 140,000 or more, so really, that's not bad at all
John Menard FINALLY has a win. Anyone actually know if they're badged as Menard engines or RCR ones? I always was a fan of the Menard V6s, fast, loud, and not very reliable (least for Smoke)
-
(DeadWolfBones) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
Quote from DieKolkrabe :John Menard FINALLY has a win. Anyone actually know if they're badged as Menard engines or RCR ones? I always was a fan of the Menard V6s, fast, loud, and not very reliable (least for Smoke)

ECR engines.

E = Earnhardt
C = Childress

Similar to Roush/Yates engines.
John is Paul's (billionare) father who owns Menards, and is famous for the Menard V6s of Indy 500 fame.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Joen's Paul's (billionare) father who owns Menards, and is famous for the Menard V6s of Indy 500 fame.

yeah I know, I just don't think he has anything to do with the running of this car besides providing the sponsor money for RCR to run the car.
I wish he'd go back into team ownership personally. Thinking about it he could afford to buy out Paul's ride and crew with the spare cash he has floating around. I wouldn't mind that.

Oh ya, and bring back the Menard V6s at Indy pl0x.
Yeah, he could, but I think he'd lose some edge of RCR. I mean, I guess he could be another Stewart type deal like at HMS, but I still don't think that's quite the same either. Stewart would run better if he was in a full Hendrick car rather than his own team running Hendrick's equipment. Just my opinion though. Paul's not exactly as good as Tony is either.
John would be basically paying for RCR's equipment. Sure it is RCR equipment, ECR engines, etc, but it is Menards who is paying for it. John is "Menards".
Sounds like Danica will be running some Cup races for Stewart next year, ugh. I don't know how I feel about this, I can't stand Danica. I just named my kitten Stewart too, and now Tony has to turn around and do this to me.
Quote from UncleBenny :Sounds like Danica will be running some Cup races for Stewart next year, ugh. I don't know how I feel about this, I can't stand Danica. I just named my kitten Stewart too, and now Tony has to turn around and do this to me.

change the kitten's name to Stuart. problem solved.
Hopefully the money she brings in will help fund his and Newman's ride so they can perform better. However she will probably destroy 50% of the cars she will drive, so doubt any profit will come out of it.
Quote from PMD9409 :Hopefully the money she brings in will help fund his and Newman's ride so they can perform better. However she will probably destroy 50% of the cars she will drive, so doubt any profit will come out of it.

Eh, sponsership money will blow the $ in repairing or building the new car out of the water.
Good call.
haha holy shit that nationwide finish
That was freakin hilarious.
Brad \o/
Well, my distaste for Brad aside.. Well done. He didn't exactly deserve that win, but he was around all day and was at the point when it counted most

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG