The online racing simulator
Is there a video of the jack guy jumping up on the car yet? I can't find one.
he still has not won in the Nascar Sprint Cup series yet according to his crew chief... rofl
The first Nascar road course race where they didn't throw a caution for a tissue being on the track and it made a massive difference.

Ambrose talent compared to the rest there was quite a margin and you can see it.
Quote from Mustafur :The first Nascar road course race where they didn't throw a caution for a tissue being on the track and it made a massive difference.

I don't understand how they don't realize that they don't need to throw cautions every time a tiny piece of debris is on the track. Even before the caution that set up the green-white-checkered, it was going to be a great last couple laps watching Ambrose run down Busch.
Quote from UncleBenny :I don't understand how they don't realize that they don't need to throw cautions every time a tiny piece of debris is on the track. Even before the caution that set up the green-white-checkered, it was going to be a great last couple laps watching Ambrose run down Busch.

that caution had to be called because of a car (Menard) on fire anyways. But was funny how Kyle was mad about a few drops of rain LOL
Tbh every caution was warrented at watkins, NASCAR got it right.

Which is about time considering some of the previous disasters(road America earlier this year with nationwide comes to mind).
Quote from Mustangman759 :that caution had to be called because of a car (Menard) on fire anyways. But was funny how Kyle was mad about a few drops of rain LOL

I agree, I wasn't questioning that caution at all, he was shooting debris everywhere and then was on fire. Just in years past they'd throw a caution for a blade of grass on the track when it really wasn't needed.
NASCAR loves cautions because:

1. Commercial $$$
2. Excitement on restarts

It's not that hard to figure out.

How many boring oval races have been made exciting because of invisibris?
For ovals it can spice things up a bit for road courses it just wants you to pull your hair out.
The Nationwide race went almost the whole way without cautions. Doesn't look like they care to throw them on road courses. To be fair it is also a bit harder to cause debris on a road course aswell.
Quote from PMD9409 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsSjRhQIu8U

Be sure to watch it all.

Well said Boris. He's my hero now.

Also the race was quite boring until like last 15 laps, then it got all crazy and the battle for 1st was great, until the overweighted undertyred boats with incompetent drivers inside started to cause all the mess.

Congrats to Marcos for winning his first Nextel Cup race.
Quote from Kid222 :Well said Boris. He's my hero now.

Also the race was quite boring until like last 15 laps, then it got all crazy and the battle for 1st was great, until the overweighted undertyred boats with incompetent drivers inside started to cause all the mess.

Congrats to Marcos for winning his first Nextel Cup race.

I think that was more down to the poor coverage, there was plenty of racing going on but they only focused on the fast guys.
Quote from UncleBenny :I don't understand how they don't realize that they don't need to throw cautions every time a tiny piece of debris is on the track. Even before the caution that set up the green-white-checkered, it was going to be a great last couple laps watching Ambrose run down Busch.

It really is just a cultural thing, a lot of the things are different in America compared to running on tracks in the rest of the world. From marshalling, flags in NASCAR, rescue/safety vehicles, snatch vehicles, drivers attitudes when their car is ****ed, closing pits, double file restarts, etc.

I mean in the rest of the world, if you run out of fuel, you pull off to the side and park it in as safe a place as you can, and the marshals will usually push you to safety. If your car is damaged, possibly leaking fluid and then on fire, you don't try and get back to the pits.

Remember what the SC is for - to deal with an incident that would be too dangerous to cope with while the track wasn't neutralised. Americans, perhaps with health & safety, don't seem to like dealing with things on a live track compared to others around the world. Maybe drivers don't obey local yellows(/blues...) enough? Look at the Nurburgring 24 hour race - they don't have a SC, only local yellows to deal with incidents like this, this, and this - you'd better obey or you'll be docked a lap! (2nd one from a driver's view)

Plus generally the recovery of cars are different - I can't ever imagine American marshals doing this with an Indycar! Nor do I really recall them doing live snatches with a tractor-style vehicle/JCB to get cars out of the gravel - which is strange because at some tracks they seem to have a lot of that, or for example at Road America, they seem to think it's a great idea to run a few 60mph caution laps around a 4 mile track when 1 corner under local yellows and a tractor/pickup under double waved yellows would be a better option

Maybe a lot of the tracks are built to rely on the teams in vehicles more than corner workers - perhaps a remnant from the oval side. Anyway, rant over
Quote from UncleBenny :I agree, I wasn't questioning that caution at all, he was shooting debris everywhere and then was on fire. Just in years past they'd throw a caution for a blade of grass on the track when it really wasn't needed.

I agree. This time I beleive that they got it right

Exciting race, and well officiated if I do say so myself. No need to throw the yellow for David because there was nobody else behind him. Stewart crashed into traffic and therefore the caution was waranted. This is the way that I beleive it should be.
Quote from boothy :It really is just a cultural thing, a lot of the things are different in America compared to running on tracks in the rest of the world. From marshalling, flags in NASCAR, rescue/safety vehicles, snatch vehicles, drivers attitudes when their car is ****ed, closing pits, double file restarts, etc.

I mean in the rest of the world, if you run out of fuel, you pull off to the side and park it in as safe a place as you can, and the marshals will usually push you to safety. If your car is damaged, possibly leaking fluid and then on fire, you don't try and get back to the pits.

Remember what the SC is for - to deal with an incident that would be too dangerous to cope with while the track wasn't neutralised. Americans, perhaps with health & safety, don't seem to like dealing with things on a live track compared to others around the world. Maybe drivers don't obey local yellows(/blues...) enough? Look at the Nurburgring 24 hour race - they don't have a SC, only local yellows to deal with incidents like this, this, and this - you'd better obey or you'll be docked a lap! (2nd one from a driver's view)

Plus generally the recovery of cars are different - I can't ever imagine American marshals doing this with an Indycar! Nor do I really recall them doing live snatches with a tractor-style vehicle/JCB to get cars out of the gravel - which is strange because at some tracks they seem to have a lot of that, or for example at Road America, they seem to think it's a great idea to run a few 60mph caution laps around a 4 mile track when 1 corner under local yellows and a tractor/pickup under double waved yellows would be a better option

Maybe a lot of the tracks are built to rely on the teams in vehicles more than corner workers - perhaps a remnant from the oval side. Anyway, rant over

No.. I myself like the way that we run races. I mean, if you happen to be behind a crash in international racing you are penalized severily. In American racing you are given no disadvantage normaly other than the possability to receive damage. That and it's safer for track and saftey workers to clean things up.

I do beleive that it's just left over from the oval type racing, but I sort of like it that way
It's from back in the 80's when a track member was killed while in a hot track situation. They probably won't be changing it anytime soon. Tracks are only 1:10-ish anyways.
Ahem. She's been running in the Canadian Tire series and doing fairly well over the past 2 years, been consistent and able to bring the car home.

I love the NCATS though, it's classic racing week in, week out.
I think it'll be interesting t osee how she does
It's just turning left. How hard could it be?

/trollface.jpg
Quote from Forbin :It's just turning left. How hard could it be?

/trollface.jpg

At least read the title of the article son, it says at Montreal...

/facepalm.jpg
Yeah.. this will be hard.. she has to turn a wheel right and left..
And here we go. The Glen is looking into creating safer barriers.

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG