The online racing simulator
oh fail it's Jamie Murray I thought of :|
She looks better, so I'll let you slide this time.
crash.net title got me laughing

NASCAR » Road rage sparks fireworks among drivers

Nothing makes tempers flare more than putting oval racers onto a road course: Villeneuve at Road America and Vickers vs Stewart, Montoya vs the World at Infineon, it was a fiery weekend.
Road courses are the new Bristol!
I find NASCARs allowence of wrecking to be highly retarted and makes it more into wwe rather then racing.
Quote from Mustafur :I find NASCARs allowence of wrecking to be highly retarted and makes it more into wwe rather then racing.

Indeed.. it's pathetic.
Quote from UncleBenny :

Umm... I dont really see how mustafur was trolly. He's right, this is pretty pathetic.

Like the Brad v. Montoya incident all the commentators was like "oh yeah, that was definitely montoya's fault for pushing brad's envelope" and I was like "WHAT!!!!!???"

1. Montoya maybe MAYBE squeezed a Brad a little bit. But it was so miniscule that brad's left side tyres didn't even tough the dirt. So how was that "montoya running brad off the road?"

2. So based on that incident alone, Montoya didn't do anything wrong yet he pissed someone off and that person wrecked him so that incident is 100% montoya's fault... really... when someone starts thinking with his nuts and wrecks you it's your fault?

Basically... if I was in NASCAR, I could just use an excuse that "he did X and I didn't like that so I'm going to wreck him" and NASCAR wont do anything cause it's "boys being boys". Even if X is a completely legitimate move and I just dumped him cause I can't pass him with skill and talent alone.
''Let em be Boys''...
Quote from mustafur :''let em be boys''...

yeah!!!! If you can't pass someone on skill and talent alone then be a man and wreck him!!!!! Whoooo a real man always wrecks when they dont have the talent to pass!!!!!
Happens all the time at road courses, you guys blowing it out of proportion is why NASCAR let it happens. You speak of them, so it's the publicity they love.

Hard racin + beatin/bangin + spin/crash + controversy = NASCAR

Where have you guys been?
bad publicity doesn't exactly get them the result they want, for example people who like real racing are now going to take NASCAR less serious because of stuff like this, Sonoma was effectively Demolition derby racing and nothing else.
Quote from PMD9409 :Happens all the time at road courses, you guys blowing it out of proportion is why NASCAR let it happens. You speak of them, so it's the publicity they love.

Hard racin + beatin/bangin + spin/crash + controversy = NASCAR

Where have you guys been?

Alright sure, they get publicity. But I was never one to believe that there's no such thing as bad publicity.

It's not even the fact that NASCAR racing is rough on road courses. With these heavy hard to control stock cars there's bound to be lots of wrecks.

However, a large mount of racing incidents is different than large amounts of direct revenge wrecking. Tony Stewart dumping Vickers was a perfect example of stupidity. He dumped Vickers for blocking but Vickers actually wasn't blocking he was taking a shallow line because Kyle Busch was off in the dirt and just rejoined. From Tony's perspective Vickers was blocking him. But that actually wasn't the case. So drivers taking "the law" into their own hands is one of the most retarded policies I've seen. I cant tell you how many times I've gotten angry in iRacing because i thought someone dumped me purposely when I found out later through a replay that I was just in the middle of a racing incident. Drivers don't always have the right perspective so getting angry and "doing justice" immediately after a racing incident is hardly racing.
NASCAR got huge off "bad publicity" when Allison and Cale started fighting in the inside grass at Daytona when it was the first time NASCAR was ever aired on TV.

Comparing it to WWE is just silly because nothing is staged. If someone gets wrecked out, expect the same treatment next time they see you. BTCC is well-known for its contact as well, and it makes for great racing. When NASCAR goes to a road course, its nothing more than just touring cars.

I'm not happy that it happens, but if I was taken out under those circumstances, I don't think I would just shake it off either.
Eh, most Americans just like things that are exciting. Wrecks can be exciting :P

Actually, I think they should stop most of it, but... eh... Montoya was driving like a mania, he had it comming.. on the same token.. Brad had no right to do that.
Quote from PMD9409 :NASCAR got huge off "bad publicity" when Allison and Cale started fighting in the inside grass at Daytona when it was the first time NASCAR was ever aired on TV.

Comparing it to WWE is just silly because nothing is staged. If someone gets wrecked out, expect the same treatment next time they see you. BTCC is well-known for its contact as well, and it makes for great racing. When NASCAR goes to a road course, its nothing more than just touring cars.

I'm not happy that it happens, but if I was taken out under those circumstances, I don't think I would just shake it off either.

the Difference is BTCC is known for for Rubbing but not wrecking, they actually penalise drivers for intentional contact, This is soo stupid drivers Basically have to ensure they race as fast as they can by insuring they don;t piss anyone off or they will wreck them is just a stupid way to go by things.

To be honest I wouldn't be complaining though if NASCAR just admitted this isn't but racing, and claimied its ONLY entertainiment, because this isn't racing unless you call every other Racing league in the world fake.
Quote from PMD9409 :NASCAR got huge off "bad publicity" when Allison and Cale started fighting in the inside grass at Daytona when it was the first time NASCAR was ever aired on TV.

Right so that's better than getting huge for just having good racing? A racing series should be more known for it's proper racing more than the controversies. If a series is ONLY known for its controversies then there's probably something wrong with the series in question

Quote from PMD9409 :Comparing it to WWE is just silly because nothing is staged. If someone gets wrecked out, expect the same treatment next time they see you. BTCC is well-known for its contact as well, and it makes for great racing. When NASCAR goes to a road course, its nothing more than just touring cars.

Actually... it's not. I dont see Jason Plato purposefully waiting a full lap to wreck someone when he gets punted. I also dont see BTCC drivers complaining about "blocking" then punting people because they are "blocking". There's a difference between being rough and with lots of contact, than just being a demo derby.

As I've already said, the drivers "being the law enforcement" is a stupid idea because the driver doesnt always have the best view and or judgment of what's going on (in my opinion the drivers rarely have the best judgment during a race). I'm sure Brad felt that he was unfairly squeezed. But a clear viewing of the replay would show that Montoya did absolutely nothing wrong and Brad just misjudged the situation.

Exact same thing with Tony. Vickers did nothing wrong. Tony decided from his own limited perspective that he did and punted Vickers into plenty of innocent by standards.
Juan did squeeze Brad... no doubt, but did it deserve the retrobution? No...

Brad is an !@# anyways...
Quote from Cornys :Juan did squeeze Brad... no doubt, but did it deserve the retrobution? No...

Brad is an !@# anyways...

The sport is an ass for allowing that behaviour.
the first one was a wreck but they changed the rule after it, the 2nd one wasn't exactly wrecking it was just neal doing a stupid move and plato not giving him the line, however both series do penalise for wrecking currently so what is your point?

WWE used to be real wrestling at some point too, now look at it.
Quote from Mustafur :the first one was a wreck but they changed the rule after it, the 2nd one should of been a penalty however both series to penalise for wrecking currently so what is your point?

That these things happen in many different motorsports over the years. After a silly saying (boy have at it) and a crazy race, everyone jumps on the complain wagon.

NASCAR use to penalize for incidents. Incidents however use to get ridiculously controversal though because of what Lizardfolk said, which is that these cars aren't exactly lightweight, downforce filled cars.

Many want NASCAR back to how it was in the 80s and 90s, and this is how it was from time to time. It was never 100% clean. That's normally up to the drivers moreso to the series itself. No point in hating NASCAR for Brad's style of driving, just hate Brad.

Quote :WWE used to be real wrestling at some point too, now look at it.

So in a few years time, the whole race will be scripted out, as well as pre and post race interviews/segments? I agree we are getting silly women drivers now (Danica), but that doesn't mean its WWE V2.

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG