The online racing simulator
SALARY CAP AND ROSTER VALUE

Nooooo I left those behind in Madden leagues

Okay, now the way I read it, it seems you have to keep a certain cap room at all times.

Say I pick JJ, Jr, Biffle, Harvick and Hamlin totalling $100 ($20 each), after 5 races JJ's value falls to $15, everyone else's stays the same, do I then have $5 worth of cap room and could trade JJ for a $20 driver?

Any penalties for breakin the cap?
The way I read it, since you got him for $20 then when you release him you get $20 back. The "Salary Cap Value" of your team doesn't changes unless you add/release someone. In the scenario you just stated your Salary Cap Value would stay at $100, and your Roster Value would be $95, which is just a current value of your drivers.
Ahh okay, so I got it
That's how ESPN's worked 2 years ago and I found it to be quite fun

I took that idea for mine and allowed you to earn money for each driver's finishing postion and made my game a business adventure as well

Anyways, I beleive that you guys have it correct
Before any on-track action begins, who do we belive will win the chapionship this year?

I'm going to go ut on a limb and say Tony Stewart, but if it's not it'll be one of the HMS big 3 (JJ, Jeff or Mark).
Jimmy Johnson 6 time jus so he has to put 2 hands up to count how many champs he won and also how many he won in a row! lol
Just for the lawls. Kyle Busch.
I can't deal with JJ winning another one. I was home for lunch the other day and they had the replay of the Homestead race on SPEED, got to watch Hamlin spin through the grass again, I felt sick to my stomach.

I'm going with Tony this year, he's due to start winning some more races and he's always in contention for the title.
Quote from Cornys :Before any on-track action begins, who do we belive will win the chapionship this year?

I'm going to go ut on a limb and say Tony Stewart, but if it's not it'll be one of the HMS big 3 (JJ, Jeff or Mark).

Why the f*ck not?

Jr's gonna win it. And with my form of picking people to win....he'll fail horribly
i'm going to say Stewart.
I'm going to take a shot in the dark and pick Edwards, maybe he'll pick it back up from 2008.
Quote from SidiousX :I'm going to take a shot in the dark and pick Edwards, maybe he'll pick it back up from 2008.

Edwards was going to be my next choice after what I listed.

I pick Tony and Martin as my fav. and my Dark Horse. Both are because of the revamped points system. Juan Montoya will make the Chase thanks to winning 1 road course race as well and will get in as the 2nd wild card. (I hope not, but I beleive that this will happen)
Quote from Cornys :Edwards was going to be my next choice after what I listed.

I pick Tony and Martin as my fav. and my Dark Horse. Both are because of the revamped points system. Juan Montoya will make the Chase thanks to winning 1 road course race as well and will get in as the 2nd wild card. (I hope not, but I beleive that this will happen)

I used to like montoya, but I'm starting to hate him more and more, he's wreck-less. Watching him at the Rolex 24 just put the cherry on top.
I didn't get to see as much of the rolex 24 hour race as I wanted to.. what happened with Montoya there?
Montoya wants to win, hating him for that is just silly.
I don't have anything against wanting to win, but I'm not a Montoya fan mostly because of his over agressiveness and short temper.

Kyle Busch just wants to win too.
Quote from PMD9409 :Montoya wants to win, hating him for that is just silly.

There's a fine line between wanting to win, and wrecking everyone else so you can win.
Quote from SidiousX :There's a fine line between wanting to win, and wrecking everyone else so you can win.

Meh, I don't see his stuff as intentional. It's just racing incidents from aggressive driving. Sure some are his fault, but no one is perfectly clean.

I'm not a Montoya fan, I just believe that racing hard is what it is all about, and that is all he likes to do.
I don't think that there are many people who do things intentionaly, but none-the-less, there's no excuse for driving that causes a crash unless you're on the last lap going for the win or a top 5.
typical i took a premier sports sub out to watch some of the conference games (plus a little bit of the sub goes to your team) and planne dto scrap it but now i've discovered they've got the UK's NASCAR coverage for this season so i'll have to keep it now.

not sure if thats a or a
Quote from tinvek :typical i took a premier sports sub out to watch some of the conference games (plus a little bit of the sub goes to your team) and planne dto scrap it but now i've discovered they've got the UK's NASCAR coverage for this season so i'll have to keep it now.

not sure if thats a or a

It's a
Bud Shootout is this Saturday night, here's the lineup:

2010 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Drivers
Jimmie Johnson
Denny Hamlin
Kevin Harvick
Carl Edwards
Matt Kenseth
Greg Biffle
Tony Stewart
Kyle Busch
Jeff Gordon
Clint Bowyer
Kurt Busch
Jeff Burton

Others (criteria in parentheses)
John Andretti (Coke Zero 400)
Geoff Bodine (Daytona 500, Budweiser Shootout)
Kevin Conway (Series rookie of the year)
Derrike Cope (Daytona 500)
Dale Earnhardt Jr. (Daytona 500, Coke Zero 400, Budweiser Shootout)
Bill Elliott (Series champion, Daytona 500, Coke Zero 400, Budweiser Shootout)
Kasey Kahne (Series rookie of the year)
Bobby Labonte (Series champion)
Terry Labonte (Series champion, Budweiser Shootout)
Joey Logano (Series rookie of the year)
Sterling Marlin (Daytona 500, Coke Zero 400)
Mark Martin (Budweiser Shootout)
Jamie McMurray (Daytona 500, Coke Zero 400, Series rookie of the year)
Juan Pablo Montoya (Series rookie of the year)
Ryan Newman (Daytona 500, Series rookie of the year)
Ken Schrader (Budweiser Shootout)
Regan Smith (Series rookie of the year)
Michael Waltrip (Daytona 500, Coke Zero 400)

I'm looking forward to see how the new pavement works with a pack of cars out there
Media Day is today, and on track action begins tomorrow The day after begins the fun
Micheal Annett's in trouble
Quote :
A NASCAR driver charged with DWI, texting while driving and resisting police was involved in a crash seven months ago and used a similar excuse, according to North Carolina DMV records obtained by a Charlotte television station.

Michael Annett, who competes in the Nationwide Series for Rusty Wallace Racing, was cited about 1:30 a.m. ET Sunday in Mooresville, NC, after he ran into another car in Mooresville early Sunday, according to police records obtained by WCNC. There were no injuries reported.

According to Mooresville Police Capt. Phil Blocker, the 24-year-old driver said he wrecked because he was texting while driving. "He said when he looked up, he wasn't able to stop in time," Blocker said.

Annett gave the same reasons in July, according to records obtained by WCNC. Annett is quoted in a DMV crash report as saying "on the cell phone" and "could not stop in time" were the reasons he was cited for an incident in Charlotte in which he rear-ended a car that subsequently rear-ended the car in front of it.

Mooresville Police Officer J.J. Sasso, who witnessed Annett's accident Sunday, said he immediately checked on the occupants of both cars and, according to his report, saw Annett "shoving breath mints into his mouth as I approached the car."

Police said Sasso asked another officer to give Annett a breath alcohol test, and, according to the report, the driver had an alcohol level of .32, which is four times the state's legal limit of .08.

A 21-year-old female was a passenger in Annett's 2011 Toyota, according to the police report; the car he hit, a 2004 Chevrolet, contained four people.

Annett, released from Iredell County jail after posting a $3,000 bond, is scheduled to appear in Iredell County district court on March 18.

According to a statement released by his team, Annett said:

"I am deeply remorseful for my actions and my extreme lack of judgment. I let down my team, my sponsors, my fans and my family; I sincerely apologize to everyone that I hurt.

"This was truly a life-changing moment for me. Despite all of the negativity that will undoubtedly arise from it, I'm going to strive to use this incident as the impetus to make a lot of positive changes in my life."

NASCAR would say only that it is gathering information.

Oh he's in trouble all right. From what I read he'll still be racing at Daytona, which is kind of a joke if you ask me.

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG