The online racing simulator
Nice, 1337 (leet) post count.

I signed up and joined the league. Was reading around on it and it looks like we need 10 total signups to the league in order to compete? So that means we are full!

League

Team List:
1. UncleBenny (Uncle Benny Racing)
2. PMD9409 (PMD Racing)
3. SidiousX (RedBull Racing).
4. DieKolkrabe (Team Cougar)
5. deadwolfbones (CoRe Racing)
6. mutt107 (Alpha Racing)
7. Cornys (Team Cornys)
8. DeKo (Team DeKo)
9. BigTime (BigTime Racing)
10.Mustafur (Monster_Energy)

I'll update as you guys signup.
Alright good, wasn't sure how easy it would be to find it since I set the league to private but must not have been too hard.

It also looks like there is a live draft to pick drivers to start the year, we can all just set up lists and let the computer take care of it though.
Bud Shootout is only 18 days away
You might actually be able to "win" practice now.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news ... actice_speed_in_2011.html

Stupid idea in my opinion. Practice is supposed to be just that, practice. If you're going to make practice count, then you might as well just call it pre-qualifying. I guess they're supposed to announce something about this and also the new points tomorrow.
I actually like the practice speeds determining qualifying "draw". It makes the draw more fair and gives those fighting for the pole and top 5 starting spots an equal chance. I like this just as much as I did the top 35 qualifying before all of the 36 and up. It evens the playing field.
Winning practice at a Superspeedway is like winning a pie eating contest against a 2 year old.

Also, who is the "Red Bull" team who is now in the league? I don't know who it is and wanted to add the username to the list I made above.
Quote from PMD9409 :Winning practice at a Superspeedway is like winning a pie eating contest against a 2 year old.

Also, who is the "Red Bull" team who is now in the league? I don't know who it is and wanted to add the username to the list I made above.

That's me, whoops, username is SidiousX
Quote from UncleBenny :You might actually be able to "win" practice now.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news ... actice_speed_in_2011.html

Stupid idea in my opinion. Practice is supposed to be just that, practice. If you're going to make practice count, then you might as well just call it pre-qualifying. I guess they're supposed to announce something about this and also the new points tomorrow.

This kind of messes up the whole "I want to go early" or "I want to go late" because of track temps, sun angle, etc.

and wtf is this shit

http://www.nascar.com/news/110 ... ?eref=/news/headlines/cup

We do NOT need Rusty commentating for another 3 years.
-The simplified points system proposed has been put in place for the 2011 Season
-Practice speeds will determine starting grid in event of rain out
-Practice speeds will determine qualifying order
-New nose for the Cup car
-Top 10 in points make Chase for the Cup
-The 2 drivers 11th - 20th with the most wins complete the 12 man chase field
-Win = 3 bonus pts
-Lead lap = 1 pt.
-Lead most laps = 1 pt.

This system further rewards consistancy, and makes top 5's and top 10's less important. Wins are more important than ever though. Leading laps is also somewhat more important under this system.

Only thing I don't like is the new points system to be honest. I understood the old system perfectly though unlike some (according to NASCAR's Brian France). http://www.nascar.com/news/110 ... -rules-changes/index.html
But that's pay TV

Why couldn't they have put the highlights on a free to air. I remember last year the races being on OpenAccess channels (I think it was) on Sky
Most of the season is on pay tv in the US...
Yeah and I'd pay for no adverts as well.

When are you two going to join our Fantasy league? We need more people!
Ah I figured SPEED/FOX were free to air, or did I misread it?

PM me a link to fantasy league pl0x and I'm in
FOX is free, SPEED is owned by FOX but its a pay channel. The end of the season over here is mostly TNT and ESPN which are both pay channels.
Ahh okay

Joined the league btw, Team Cougar here
looks like il have to pay for this channel FML
Quote from PMD9409 :Nice, 1337 (leet) post count.

I signed up and joined the league. Was reading around on it and it looks like we need 10 total signups to the league in order to compete? So that means we need 7 more people.

League

Team List:
1. UncleBenny
2. PMD9409
3. SidiousX (RedBull Racing).

I'll update as you guys signup.

i joined! Alpha racing
I'll join once it gets closer to the season time and myu computer stops acting up... LFS is fine to race on, but anything else is a bear to try and do.. even lfsforum is annoying to do the way my comp is lol.
Added everyone to the list, need 4 more.
Quote from UncleBenny :Alright good, wasn't sure how easy it would be to find it since I set the league to private but must not have been too hard.

It also looks like there is a live draft to pick drivers to start the year, we can all just set up lists and let the computer take care of it though.

Good. I got my draft picks set now.

Can we trade picks a la NFL draft? I want the #1 overall pl0x
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Good. I got my draft picks set now.

How did you do that? Whenever I go to my roster it says "Roster selection will open soon. Come back the week of 2/14 to set your roster for the Daytona 500!" and I can't find anywhere else to enter my draft picks.
I wrote them on paper
You guys and your strategic preparation.

We need more people, only 6 so far.

Travis Pastrana did his first NASCAR race the other night at Irwindale. The All Star Showdown or whatever they call it. After 225 laps, he finished 6th. Pretty impressive I must say.

Also, he did something rather cool after the race.

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG