The online racing simulator
199 ftw!
I know who I'm picking....
I'll join tomorrow night if there is still room open... what's the group name again?
League name: LFSCAR 2011
Password: scavier

We still have spots so sign up when you get a chance.
I joined, looking forward to it
Excellent, we need 3 more people now.
I'm in.
Added.

2 more signups and we got ourselves a league!
2 more sign-ups... hum... can I get my father into our league? lol nah, I won't do that. I've done one for my whole family for the last few years, and it's going to be weird not doing it this year. I may still do it though.. I'm not sure.
Would anybody be interested in doing a full season fantasy spread sheet if I did it along with the one on NASCAR.com? You'd just have to take the spread sheet and tell me which 5 drivers you wanted each week (with out going into the red). This is the one I'm doing with my family that, thanks to open office, I'm going to be doing this year once again. I can add as many people onto it as are interested. It's designed to be like your a team owner or investor for teams each week and you have to try and with the championship without going bankrupt. Each pick costs money, and you get money back for each driver's finish. Money you don't use in each week rolls over to the next weekend. It's different, but alot of fun
I joined, not the biggest fan but i got full coverage and it will give me the excuse to watch all the races now.

Plus we got the full league now
"Boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racing boys!"
Quote from mutt107 :johnson?
i call Menard and Stewart!

Way off the mark

I'm going for KevCon and Robby
Quote from Cornys :Would anybody be interested in doing a full season fantasy spread sheet if I did it along with the one on NASCAR.com? You'd just have to take the spread sheet and tell me which 5 drivers you wanted each week (with out going into the red). This is the one I'm doing with my family that, thanks to open office, I'm going to be doing this year once again. I can add as many people onto it as are interested. It's designed to be like your a team owner or investor for teams each week and you have to try and with the championship without going bankrupt. Each pick costs money, and you get money back for each driver's finish. Money you don't use in each week rolls over to the next weekend. It's different, but alot of fun

Sounds like fun but I'll pass, one league is probably plenty for me.
I noticed there's a transactions tab

Anyone know how the draft works? I'd be willing to trade for a higher pick please
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I noticed there's a transactions tab

Anyone know how the draft works? I'd be willing to trade for a higher pick please

I tried looking all over the place and couldn't find anything, guess we have to wait until the week before the 500 to see what it looks like. I have a feeling you won't be able to trade for draft picks but who knows.
I've never seen anything that allows you to trade draft picks myself.
Well I'll still pick Kev Con then as one of mine

Thinking transactions are trades between teams
Yeah this can get rather confusing when reading something you have never messed with.

Quote :C. SELECTING YOUR TEAM.
Participants will select five (5) drivers to make up a team of their predicted top-scoring drivers (the “Team”) in that week’s Race. Each week throughout the Game Period, participants will be required to choose a Team of five (5) drivers (the “Drivers”). Participants will have until five (5) minutes before each Race to select their Team. Each participant has a One Hundred Dollars ($100) salary cap to spend in assembling his/her Team roster (“Team Roster”). Once a participant has selected his/her Team Roster, such Team Roster will carry over week-to-week unless participant elects to change his/her Team Roster each week. Participants can make changes to his/her Team Roster each Race week but participants are not required to make changes.

D. SALARY CAP AND ROSTER VALUE
Salary has no value and is for entertainment purposes only. Each participant’s salary cap (“Salary Cap”) must always be at or below One Hundred Dollars ($100). A participant’s roster value (“Roster Value”) will vary, based on the performance of the participant’s Team Roster. A participant’s Salary Cap value (“Salary Cap Value”) is based on the purchase price of each Driver at the time such Driver is added to the Team Roster. Participants will select five (5) Drivers up to 5 minutes prior to each Race and will choose a Team Roster with a Salary Cap Value equal to or less than One Hundred ($100). Sponsor will determine Driver values by the Wednesday prior to the start date of each Race. If participant does not remove a Driver from his/her current Team Roster, then said value of Driver does not change the Salary Cap Value. For illustration purposes, see the examples below:

Example 1: A participant’s Roster Value and Salary Cap Value were equal to $100 before the start of the Season. Participant added Driver A on his/her Team Roster for $20 before the start of the Season. Several Races into the Season, Driver A has done well and gets valued at $30 (an increase of $10). The values of the four (4) other Drivers on his/her Team Roster have stayed the same. The participant’s Roster Value is $110. If the participant then drops Driver A, the Roster Value is $80 ($100 Salary Cap Value minus $20 Salary Cap Value of Driver A). If the participant keeps Driver A, the Salary Cap Value is $100 and the Roster Value is $110;

Example 2: A participant added Driver B to his/her Team Roster at the start of the Season for $15. After a few Races, Driver B’s value dropped to $5. The values of the other four (4) Drivers on his/her Team Roster remain the same. The participant’s Roster Value is $90 and the Salary Cap Value is $100.
Example 3: A participant added Driver C to his/her Team Roster at the start of the Season for $20. After two (2) Races, Driver C’s value is reduced to $18. The values of the other four (4) Drivers on his/her Team Roster remain the same. Participant’s Roster Value is $98 and his/her Salary Cap Value is $100. If participant drops Driver C, his/her Roster Value is $80 and his/her Salary Cap Value is $80. If participant re-adds Driver C to his/her Team Roster for $18, participant’s Roster Value is $98 and his/her Salary Cap Value is $98.

I understand all that, but I guess everyone in the league could choose the same driver and be fine? So technically we are not trading within ourselves, but we each choose from the same list etc.
Quote from PMD9409 :I understand all that, but I guess everyone in the league could choose the same driver and be fine? So technically we are not trading within ourselves, but we each choose from the same list etc.

Why would there have to be a draft then? I definitely read about a draft somewhere, maybe they got rid of that for this year though?

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG