The online racing simulator
Everyones RPMs at the top seems the same, but Hendrick teams seem to have the aero down. Noticing a big increase in time with little to none speed change.
I still don't get this fantasy league. I go to the "My Team" page and I still see "Roster selection will open soon. Come back the week of 2/14 to set your roster for the Daytona 500!". Pretty sure its the week of the 14th now.
Well you can update it all the way up until like 5 minutes of race start.

Also, anyone know what NASCAR changed after qualifying yesterday? Something about a smaller front grill, also something else (plates didn't change).
Smaller grill opening and something about a new radiator valve that opens up earlier than the one they had Saturday night. Seems like they just want the cars to overheat sooner.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news ... stem_to_limit_speeds.html

I guess they don't care so much about the two-car draft thing happening, they just don't want it going on for 10 laps at a time like it did in the Shootout. I was kind of hoping they'd do something about it, I don't think the two car packs would be very exciting for 200 laps next weekend.
Yeah, I don't mind if they can do it the last 1-2 laps, I just don't want to see it for the full 200. Packs are much better to watch anyways.

They should just add the wickerbill back.
No way would they be able to do it for the full 500 miles, the bumpers were knackered after 75 laps.
2000-2001 aero package plz NASCAR

I'm thinking NASCAR needs to take a look at the speeds, 200 is where it ought to be I feel.
Bumpers should be fine, testing how much the engine can take is the deciding factor.

Also: Check the league, you are now able to choose your drivers for Daytona!

EDIT: Price of drivers determined by Championship position from last year it seems. Jr is cheap!
Yeah, I don't think the engines would have survived 200 lap at 9700 RPM's anyways. I picked my line-up for the 500 just now

Bumpers never would have been an issue. These guys know what they are doing and don't even harm their cars other than the paint. I think NASCAR has got it right this time Should only see 5 or 6 laps of it at the end, but they will go that fast towards the end still I think. Which is fine with me.
Wait so how does this work? Every week you choose who will perform best? And you continue to choose new ones each week?
I believe that you keep the driver at the value they are listed at until you get rid of them, but I'm not sure.
Quote from UncleBenny :The end of the first 25 lap segment was pretty good but when those two groups broke away at the end of the race it was pretty boring. It will be hotter out during the day next Sunday though so I'm not sure they'll be able to push each other for as long as they were last night. Also, bad move by Denny, think he had the win if he wouldn't have gone under the yellow line, it looked like Newman gave him enough room to get through.

Actually, the route to the flag would have been longer and it would have nearly been a tie. Timing and scoring unofficialy had Hamlin winning by .003 of a second if he hadn't been black flaged. Slightly higher line would have made it that much closer. If Newman or Hamlin neither yeilded then there would have been a mess though too.
You can keep the same drivers each week, or you can "sell" and "buy" different ones. Spending limit = 100$.
Quote from PMD9409 :Bumpers should be fine, testing how much the engine can take is the deciding factor.

Also: Check the league, you are now able to choose your drivers for Daytona!

EDIT: Price of drivers determined by Championship position from last year it seems. Jr is cheap!

JJ is expensive. I got Jr too, he's my dark horse pick along with JPM
Not knowing loads about Nascar, I've got a pretty good lineup I think. Went with Jr, obviously, Harvick, who always seems to be good in SS races, Tony Stewart, who is well overdue a 500 win, Michael Waltrip for $1!, and I'm trying to decide between Jamie Mac and Mark Martin.
Cpyingmy lineup much?

Jr
JPM
Ambrose (roadies)
Newman (cut, replaced by Martin)
Jamie Mac
Haha well yours sounds similar to mine. I have:

Stewart
Jr.
Martin
Ambrose
Logano
Wait, can we not change our lineup before every race?
You can. I think part of the strategy is that you can pick guys up now on the cheap and hold on to them as their value goes up throughout the season. If you're just planning on changing to drivers that are running well after every race, you probably won't be able to afford everyone you want.
I got 3 winners and 2 safe picks.

Jr
Harvick
Ku.Busch
Reutimann
Elliott

Oh and if it is stupid to use all your cap up first race, then I'm a pretty big idiot. $1 left.
Quote from UncleBenny :Haha well yours sounds similar to mine. I have:

Stewart
Jr.
Martin
Ambrose
Logano

Copier!
Quote from PMD9409 :Oh and if it is stupid to use all your cap up first race, then I'm a pretty big idiot. $1 left.

Hopefully its not, I only have 23 cents left haha.
My picks.

Brian Vickers(FTW!)
Jimmie Johnson
Jeff Gordon
Carl Edwards
Trevor Bayne

Trevor Bayne was the only decent driver I could afford after picking the first four. We'll see.
my picks.
.Menard
.Stewart
.Mcmurray
.allmendinger
.ambrose

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG