The online racing simulator
Roush is smiling big time right now.

NASCAR act like they can't figure it out, but they have to know it is just where the bumpers line up so well. Nothing they change will improve the racing until the car body itself is changed. They aren't going to decrease cooling so much that it causes possible engine failures.
I did like the fact that pack racing was possable a little more though. Get rid of the rear bumper support. That wiould fix alot of issues (but would it expose the fuel cell?)
They'd modify both bumpers. The thing is now, is that the rear bumpers are flat across. If you remember before, they were more rounded like their real life counterparts.

I like the bumpers lined up for places like marty and other small tracks because the bumper can be used to "move" someone and it won't necessarily spin them (lifting their tires off the ground). However this stuff now is just silly.

Props to NASCAR safety improvements on saving Regan Smith's life though. Pretty conclusive that the safety innovations that have been done truly saved his life there.
I was actually pretty worried when I saw Regan's crash, looked just like Earnhardt's crash at Daytona and he hit the wall a ton.

I don't understand why Nascar can't just make a rule saying you aren't allowed to push people around the track any more, how hard is that? It's just the stupidest form of racing I've ever seen.
Quote from UncleBenny :I was actually pretty worried when I saw Regan's crash, looked just like Earnhardt's crash at Daytona and he hit the wall a ton.

I don't understand why Nascar can't just make a rule saying you aren't allowed to push people around the track any more, how hard is that? It's just the stupidest form of racing I've ever seen.

Spectators would be less numerous and the racing would be less exciting (they probably think) I kind of like 2 car drafting because it shows teamwork in NASCAR
I saw a survey not too long ago that pointed to fans liking the old style of drafting better than the two car packs, I think the two car thing is actually hurting attendance. After going to Daytona this year, I definitely wouldn't go to another plate race if they're still racing that way.
Dega had the upper corner sections empty. Attendnace is down.
2 car tango and chase format has decreased attendence, but they seem to think enhancing that will fix it, instead of eliminating it.

Never fix what is not broken.
ohmygawd Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart

Gordon really needs to bring that disgusting mustache back.

Kahne's is pretty funny too, nice hair.
Recognized Jeff from Busch racing in the late 80s/early 90s, I thought Kasey was a lumberjack and I had no clue that was Jr.
http://espn.go.com/racing/nasc ... -curtail-two-car-drafting

At least it sounds like Nascar knows most people don't like the 2 car draft and they're trying to fix it, hopefully they figure something out before Daytona but with the bumpers lining up like they do, the drivers are going to do everything they can to push each other.
Chad (allegedly) told Jimmie to wreck the rear of the car after 'Dega
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Chad (allegedly) told Jimmie to wreck the rear of the car after 'Dega

Doesn't surprise me, he's a known cheater.

Is it just me or is Pocono getting through this repave process pretty fast?

I could swear they're only on like the third week of the project and its already almost repaved, they could have fit this in before the June and August races if they wanted.
Not just you, that is quick.

Oh, and restrictor plates gone with fuel injection (according to Autosport)
Wouldn't they just limit the amount of fuel electronically though? I imagine they're still restricted, just without the plates. Someone will have to come up with a new name for the racing if we can't call it "plate racing" any more.
Yes, the plate is done, but Superspeedway Racing will remain the same. A plate wouldn't hardly work with fuel injection If my meager knowledge surves me correctly.
They don't mess around in Pocono.
Quote from UncleBenny :Wouldn't they just limit the amount of fuel electronically though? I imagine they're still restricted, just without the plates. Someone will have to come up with a new name for the racing if we can't call it "plate racing" any more.

Quote from Cornys :Yes, the plate is done, but Superspeedway Racing will remain the same. A plate wouldn't hardly work with fuel injection If my meager knowledge surves me correctly.

Well, they might still call it plate racing... Pole position is still called pole position, eventhoguh fances do are not the restrictions to a racing surface anymore
After all these years, it will never change. Todd Bodine is still a stupid ****.
Exactly. Yeah, he got hit and he got knocked back a spot. It's short track racing. That's how you have to race.

No excuse for crashing anybody post-race. None. What if he for some reason had taken his belts off or something (doubt it, but just saying). Plus, you're only hurting your team and the other driver's team. The driver won't be fixing the truck.

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG