The online racing simulator
Goalkeeping blunders aside, we've seen England's major problem: with Rio out (he was playing crap and getting slow anyway so no loss) and King's dodgy knees, the centre backs are too damn slow. So many times the USA got behind them, putting Terry/Carragher in positions where they have to make desperate challenges. Against decent strikers, they're screwed.
I think watching Ireland play is more exciting than watching England. Good God are they atrocious.
Quote from niall09 :. Good God are they atrocious.

Ehh? did you just watch the same game as the rest of us?
Quote from The Moose :Ehh? did you just watch the same game as the rest of us?

Why yes i did, kent.

Well you need to take you biased glasses off then. It was a very decent performance. We should have finished them off, that's for sure, but we played pretty bloody well. Hardly what I'd call atrocious by any means.
well after watching france and england play im certainly a lot less worried about the german team making fools of themself
#207 - CSF
Was quite a good match, poor old Robert Green though... I think those two will qualify though.
Great result for the US, their one goal may have been a bit of a fluke, but not really. The goalie has to have the experience and composure to never make that mistake. Tim Howard was rock solid in the American net, and it brings into question just how the US can have three goalies that would have the starting spot on the English team... Seriously, in your entire football-crazed nation, you can't even produce one rock-solid keeper? How the f does that happen?

Carragher looked like a giant pile of poop on the field. just sayin'. I know Altidore is exceptionally quick, but no defender should ever let an attacker turn the corner like Altidore did when he bounced that shot off the woodwork. Repeated fouls because he was beaten, including a yellow. (Imo he should have earned another foul and another yellow when Findlay had a 1 on 1 against him. Never even attempted to strip the ball, just went elbow into face.) but it was not a particularly hard foul, so I guess that's why it wasn't even called.

Also, England has got to finish when they get opportunities. They certainly had enough that game, but no one could get the job done. That has to be a bit worrying for when they enter the final rounds, when they will get less opportunities than what the American defense showed them.

The scary thing for the rest of the world has to be... US isn't going to get any worse in years to come. And they are already dangerous, even to teams that are traditional powerhouses like Spain, Brazil, and England. I predict a serious run at taking the whole tournament in the next 16 years, especially if they can keep the sense of team that they appear to have... that looks to be their biggest strength at the present moment.
USA are already a top side having beaten Spain and nearly beating Brazil in the Confederations Cup. England should be happy with a draw
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :..... like Altidore did when he bounced that shot off the woodwork..

When he bounced the ball off the woodwork?

I have to laugh at times The rest of the world sat Rob Green save the shot and push it onto the post.

That's some dodgy coverage you were watching over there fella
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Great result for the US, their one goal may have been a bit of a fluke, but not really. The goalie has to have the experience and composure to never make that mistake. Tim Howard was rock solid in the American net,

Despite being kicked in the chest, which must've hurt quite abit.

Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :and it brings into question just how the US can have three goalies that would have the starting spot on the English team... Seriously, in your entire football-crazed nation, you can't even produce one rock-solid keeper? How the f does that happen?

Well we produced Gordon Banks, he wasn't too bad.
Quote from The Moose :When he bounced the ball off the woodwork?

I have to laugh at times The rest of the world sat Rob Green save the shot and push it onto the post.

Green got very lucky with that too. He nearly got beat at the near-post with a limp hand to the ball.
Quote from The Moose :When he bounced the ball off the woodwork?

Well, I may have a slightly skewed viewpoint in this case. No doubt about that, I'll see things on the optimistic side for the Americans. Just as a lot of y'all are optimistic for the English.

Quote from Intrepid :Green got very lucky with that too. He nearly got beat at the near-post with a limp hand to the ball.

I wouldn't exactly say lucky, but I do think other keepers would have made stronger saves, Tim Howard being one of them.
Quote from Intrepid :Green got very lucky with that too. He nearly got beat at the near-post with a limp hand to the ball.

A save is a save is a save........
A save is a save is a save ... until you fumble a simple shot. That lucky save combined with a cock-up clearly demonstrates this lad atm is out of his depth.
Quote from Intrepid :USA are already a top side having beaten Spain and nearly beating Brazil in the Confederations Cup. England should be happy with a draw

Why are people putting weight behind the Confederations Cup, it's like saying a certain driver is better than another because they beat them at Mario Karts...

Quote from Intrepid :A save is a save is a save ... until you fumble a simple shot. That lucky save combined with a cock-up clearly demonstrates this lad atm is out of his depth.

Never played football have you....?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Why are people putting weight behind the Confederations Cup, it's like saying a certain driver is better than another because they beat them at Mario Karts...

because a game is a game is a game
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Why are people putting weight behind the Confederations Cup, it's like saying a certain driver is better than another because they beat them at Mario Karts...

Don't mention karting. :doh:

Quote from Intrepid :A save is a save is a save ... until you fumble a simple shot. That lucky save combined with a cock-up clearly demonstrates this lad atm is out of his depth.

Wait, before you were complaining about how we like to knock down our players, then you start knocking down our players?

You make one Mistake and the vultures start closing in, no matter what you've done before or since.
Quote from 5haz :Wait, before you were complaining about how we like to knock down our team, then you start knocking down our team?

Lets be honest, no one takes his opinion of motorsport seriously, and he has some experience of that. I wont be listening to a word he says on football.
Quote from The Moose :The rest of the world sat Rob Green save the shot and push it onto the post.

im fairly certain the rest of the world saw greens body pushing the ball to the post through the power of blind luck
Quote from Shotglass :im fairly certain the rest of the world saw greens body pushing the ball to the post through the power of blind luck

So, the USA scored through blind luck, in normal circumstances the ball would've been saved, but I bet you wont try to discredit them. :rolleyes:

Even the best need luck to succeed.
Quote from 5haz : but I bet you wont try to discredit them. :rolleyes:

Shotglass discredits everything he can think of....

Good luck to the Aussies tomorrow by the way
no i wasnt exactly impressed with the americans either and yes in normal circumstances eg when the opposing goalie actually isnt rubbish that wouldnt have been a goal
Quote from Shotglass :no i wasnt exactly impressed with the americans either and yes in normal circumstances eg when the opposing goalie actually isnt rubbish that wouldnt have been a goal

Lets not judge a player's entire career on one mistake. I know that would be a less conveniant way to take shots at the England team, but lets be fair.
Quote from 5haz :So, the USA scored through blind luck, in normal circumstances the ball would've been saved, but I bet you wont try to discredit them. :rolleyes:

Even the best need luck to succeed.

Not luck. The USA scored through a lack of preparation and proper positioning from their opponent. It's all about spin, the same situation can be seen many different ways depending on where you live And the spin doctors are working full force on this game from all sides.

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG