The online racing simulator
Chile's finishing needs improvement, otherwise very very impressive performance. Good ball control, passing, dribbling. The most entertaining game so far. Chile should have scored more and Honduras wasn't a push over either.

Some of Chile's players... Isla was everywhere, Fernandez gave good accurate free kicks. But Sanchez... wow, just wow... this kid was absolutely on fire!!
Quote from BlueFlame :What kind of contribution to a thread is THAT?

My contribution, please do not question me!

Spain go! and later on... Uruguay go!
Chile were great, Honduras did defend exceptionally in some stages of the match, Figeroa was fantastic for Honduras, but man of the match for Sanchez tbh, he was very good! Although, a bit of a simulator.
Spain's midfield. :lovies3d:

Although in a game like this I'd go with Torres instead of Busquets or Alonso. Should be enough in defensive terms.

Is it true Switzerland never suffered a goal in World Cups? Or it's just recently?

E; ah cheers. Last World Cup only.
Quote from de Souza :Spain's midfield. :lovies3d:....

I can't see the match so can anyone tell me how's Spain doing?
Fully dominating.

They had a few clear chances to score but so far 0-0.

Damn you Jack! :P
Thanks a lot guys, I have an exam right now so I'll miss it
Quote from BlueFlame :I love the fact they are playing a song about American soldiers escaping a POW camp. Retards. Yey lets play the theme to an American movie to support our ENGLISH football team!

what does the great escape have to do with american soldiers? it was some jolly chaps from the RAF you WUM.

I don't know why your all slating england. USA have a good team with experienced players used to playing week in - week out against the likes of lamps, stevie, rooney etc. Green will and should keep his place. We should win our last two group games comfortably and hopefully finish top so we don't get the germans. We can beat them later in the final on penalties

Germany has looked the most impressive so far- quality young players but iirc they have been using the jabulani ball in the bundesliga since feb maybe that was why their touch and passing was so good.
apparently my school are renting a huge screen to put next wednesdays England match on.

They did it last world cup and put all the England matches on during school time.
Quote from Luke.S :apparently my school are renting a huge screen to put next wednesdays England match on.

They did it last world cup and put all the England matches on during school time.

They are smart enough to know that people will phone in sick for the whole day rather than miss an England game, by showing it at the school at least they can throw in a few lessons before the game.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They are smart enough to know that people will phone in sick for the whole day rather than miss an England game, by showing it at the school at least they can throw in a few lessons before the game.

Also alot of the teachers are football fans

It is the PE departments idea by the sound of it.
Quote from Luke.S :Also alot of the teachers are football fans

Teachers are normal[-ish] people, you know?
take that Spain!

Wtf, black Swiss guy?!
1-0 Switzerland!
Spain 0_O

Now I don't feel bad about the Dutch team anymore at least
Ha! Spain suckers
Jeez... What a terrible dive by Iniesta... How does he even have the guts to pretend he is hurt...
Quote from zeugnimod :I'd rather not sit next to 10 to 20 people blowing their vuvuzelas with over 100 db right next to my ears. I want to keep my hearing.

And this is a bit black and white, no? As if there are only those two types of "fans". :rolleyes:

Oh, and a quote from Wikipedia (you might also read in that link that the Vuvuzela itself actually doesn't have that much of a tradition):

"During the entire match, supporters blow vuvuzelas frantically in an attempt to "kill off" their opponents."

Not so cheer- and joyfull anymore?

I'd say the best decision is to allow vuvuzelas in matches with African teams and ban them in all other matches.

I originally felt happy with my rant and wanted to let it rest for the good of the topic, but I do have to object to some of the quotations you listed.

I agree with you on two parts: 1. It's indeed good to keep your hearing, and 2. I did put my statements down a bit black & white, and quite intentionally so!

The Wikipedia article (and normally I am not a fan of Wiki bashing, because I believe it can be much more accurate than conventional encyclopedia's on topics that require regular updates) is quite obviousy written by, and for people of Western origins. It even mentions in the introduction of the entry that the vuvuzela is annoying, satanic, atmosphere killing and all other accusations it gets thrown at it - all from non-African sources, by non-African commentators, written for non-African people to accept as the truth. Ouch.

Furthermore, the quote you gave from the article is interesting, because although it is referenced in-text, the original sources of the quotation contain no such text, although it does speak of confusing opponents on the field, and one of the sources given even links to a completely off-topic article (of course, this is all as-of-writing, being a wiki it could be updated the second I finish this post with proper links!)

One of the sources 'used' for that quote does, however, speculate on the origin of the Vuvuzela, and how it is a part of ancient traditions in Africa, so that effectively kills off any idea that it doesn't have any traditional origins.

To the arguments that it's horrible to sit next to someone blowing on a vuvuzela... well, I don't have an honest answer to that which I can honestly back up. I certainly would not want to get my hearing damaged, but I would get earplugs and just go with it for 90 minutes. I could use the argument that spectators going to South Africa for the World Cup knew about this tradition beforehand, and thus should have decided beforehand if they wanted to get up close and personal with a vuvuzela army. However, I realise that this is a bit of a silly statement to make, as it is 'rather annoying' to face hearing loss just to watch a game. Still, by all means ban the instrument in Europe, but I stand by the statement that it should not be touched for this tournament.

Anyway, back to Spain - Switzerland... already missed too much of it now
LMAO

Way to go Switzerland
Yeah! Woho!

Very big congrats to the Swiss. Well done!

Should of been 2-0.

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG