The online racing simulator
Damn the swiss are unbreakable.
YES!!!!

I feel bad for the coach... he may 'disappear' when he returns for shaming their country
Ouiiiééé 7 - 0 :laola:

Come on PORTUGAL :b
Quote from JPeace :Personally, I can't wait for Portugal vs Brazil, anyone know when this match takes place?

Friday at 16:00 CEST.
Go Spain!!
Great goal..
Awesome match from Portugal
Spain disappointing again.
Atleast they won.
Spain needed more goals because goal difference could be the deciding factor in that group.
John Terry sets himself up as the fall guy, seems strange that it was him that was at the confrence but by all accounts the "strong words" at the meeting never took place.

I know this seems strange, but the only diffrence between England in the qualifying campagin and the acctual world cup is the captain. Not the 2 hour deadline that Cappello has for naming the team but maybe...just maybe Gerrard can't lead a team onto a pitch, espically when he is trying to fight the likes of Lamps and Terry who want control.

BTW a word on the French. Couple weeks ago I mentioned how it was refreshing to see Anelka the player, not Anelka the sulk.....whoops. Seems the whole situation was worse than feared. Don't worry though, Laurent Blanc will sort things out when he takes over....surely.
Well, another thing that has changed is Beckham's presence in the squad. Only now he has gone can we see what quality he brought to the game. His delivery has been sorely missed at the World Cup,.
Quote from Intrepid :Well, another thing that has changed is Beckham's presence in the squad. Only now he has gone can we see what quality he brought to the game. His delivery has been sorely missed at the World Cup,.

Come on now, in the qualifying campaign Beckham started only once (against Andorra) and mainly came of the bench with 10/15 mins to go....he is no longer important to the English side and the sooner Beckham leaves the national team the better it will be for the side. Seriously, what the hell is he doing there. He isn't a coach (as far as I know he currently holds none of the badges) and he's not fit....so why is he suited up and on the bench then?

England have got the players to compensate for the loss of Beckham, Lennon was one of the better players on Friday night and can deliver a decent cross, where as Gerrad and Lamps can deliver a dead ball just as good from the wide areas (as seen for their club) so the lose is Beckham is a piss poor excuse/reason for the lack of quality on show from England so far.

It's obvious that the England camp is divided, just like things where back in 1990. Just then there was a manager who could see the failings and was man enough to own up to them and correct them, and if luck was on the teams side then they would have won that world cup, Mr Capello however I think is a bit too stubborn for a dramatic change like that to happen.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :es) and he's not fit....so why is he suited up and on the bench then?

England have got the players to compensate for the loss of Beckham, Lennon was one of the better players on Friday night and can deliver a decent cross, where as Gerrad and Lamps can deliver a dead ball just as good from the wide areas (as seen for their club) so the lose is Beckham is a piss poor excuse/reason for the lack of quality on show from England so far.

Lennon? Decent cross? Mate just watch any game Beckham plays. He will deliever several quality balls into the box. For sure he is now a super-sub but he's saved us so many times before and with no real crosser of the ball in the squad we've been unable to utilise Heskey and mainly Crouchie.

Beckham, for England, always delivered some sort of performance. ALways gave it 100% no matter what... unlike the current crop!
Quote from Intrepid :Lennon? Decent cross? Mate just watch any game Beckham plays. He will deliever several quality balls into the box. For sure he is now a super-sub but he's saved us so many times before and with no real crosser of the ball in the squad we've been unable to utilise Heskey and mainly Crouchie.

Beckham, for England, always delivered some sort of performance. ALways gave it 100% no matter what... unlike the current crop!

But he can't track back, you're getting hung up on one accept of the game and not looking at the full pitch, he no longer is or should be in the plans for England and you need to utilise what you have got. Lennon has been superb for Spurs this season if you care to notice, as has Ashley Young but was bizarrely left out.

As for Heskey, well he is gash, how can a player who scored less than 5 goals for Villa in a season get into the squad ahead of a form player like Bent who knocked in 20+ goals for Sunderland?

England needed a form goalscorer in the team, Rooney has hit burnout and England have no one to look to in the bench.
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Awesome match from Portugal

+1

I was thinking they'd stop at 3 goals and cruise for the remainder of the match... but no. Ronaldo & Co were having a lot of fun.

South Korea v Nigeria tomorrow. It's going to be an early morning for me.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :But he can't track back, you're getting hung up on one accept of the game and not looking at the full pitch, he no longer is or should be in the plans for England and you need to utilise what you have got. Lennon has been superb for Spurs this season if you care to notice, as has Ashley Young but was bizarrely left out.

I watch Lennon and I see a player that has to run like a nut job for 30 or so yards and then deliver a half baked cross. All this could be done with 1 swing of Beckham's foot, and he'd at least find someone. Less Energy + Better Cross = Better Result. If anyone could master this freak ball they have to use it'd be Beckham. Lennon's been below-par so far and Wright-Phillips hasn't delivered either.

OK, Beckham has seen his best days, but in reality he's been by far the most effective mid-fielder England has had for decades. England ARE route 1 and we should embrace it. We aren't Spain! I am 90% sure with Beckham on for Lennon against Algeria we'd have seen at least a few decent chances.

Anyway, he's not playing and we're stuck with less-than-effective wingers! I wonder if Walcott is thinking 'what might have been'?
lol, awesome France o/

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG