The online racing simulator
Quote from zeugnimod :
I'd say the best decision is to allow vuvuzelas in matches with African teams and ban them in all other matches.

Uhm, no? That would start all kind of arguments about not having the same rights etc...

They are fine. Dont like it? Mute your TV. I never found them annoying...
Quote from DevilDare :Uhm, no? That would start all kind of arguments about not having the same rights etc...

They are fine. Dont like it? Mute your TV. I never found them annoying...

Ok, then ban them for every game.

I find them very annoying and I don't want to mute my TV, either. Because I want to get the genuine emotion of the fans in case you can hear that once or twice despite the millions of bees in the stadium.
LOL @ Maradona.

I see some tendency to see things in black & white here. I believe most of us know and understand that it's part of their culture and it must be respected. Same thing in 2014 when the World Cup will be here, you'll have to deal with sad things like this.

Thing is: for me it doesn't make sense. Match start "bbzzz", home team attacking "bbzzz", incredible save by the keeper "bbzzz", red card "bbzzz", home team scores the most beautiful goal ever "bbzzz". That's way worse than the noise itself in my opinion, it completely breaks the atmosphere.

But it's only one month, how hard can it be? I'm sure a lot of people found things they didn't like in any other of the World Cups. They can complain all they want, I surely hope it won't change anything.

That said, all the noise around here with fireworks and vuvuzelas things for the last 2 hours is driving me crazy lol. I'm out of here to watch the game.
Flares are part of "football culture" too. Why are they banned?

If they want to blow those things when they're own team is playing then fine but in other games it's not fine.
Quote from Kalev EST :Flares are part of "football culture" too. Why are they banned?

They are also part of 70s culture in which case they should be banned.
North Korea is pretty impressive.

Brazil is just disappointing. :thumbsdow
Quote from zeugnimod :North Korea is pretty impressive.

Brazil is just disappointing. :thumbsdow

They're not doing much wrong, the North Korean defence is quite strong.
Quote from niall09 :They're not doing much wrong, the North Korean defence is quite strong.

Yeah.

Brazil's working the ball around the box quite well and they're dominating possession, but they can't break through that wall (yet).
Quote from niall09 :They're not doing much wrong, the North Korean defence is quite strong.

This is the mighty Brazil, a top favourite to win the whole tournament. I am very disappointed.

North Korea actually reminds me of Greece 2004.
Only three fouls in the first half while playing defensively against Brazil...
Well, that was quite a nice goal.
Pretty incredible shot.
Why was the keeper standing 2 yards off his line and away from his front post.

Goalkeeping 101 - cover your posts.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Why was the keeper standing 2 yards off his line and away from his front post.

Goalkeeping 101 - cover your posts.

Give the kid a break, the N Korea team had to train in a local gym because they couldn't afford their own unlike England who have more facilities than you can shake a stick at!
Just read this on the RLB forum - apparently you can buy "anti-vuvuzelas" which emit sound at the same frequency but out of phase thus cancel the annoying noise out
**** YEAH lol
What a goal! \o/
lol N Korea would demolish England.
Really good game, overall.
Even though I'm cheering for Brasil, it was nice to see how Korea was still trying and not giving up.
Still a pretty convincing win for Brazil in the end.

Second best of the favourites so far. IMO.
Impressed with North Korea's patience and defence, it's a shame they are in such a tough group or they might have had a serious chance of progressing further.

So far from watching the teams play the strongest looks to be Germany from composed play, followed by Argentina. Spain will be interesting though.

As for England...well we need to really work on the possession side of things, we seemed to hasty to get the ball up which resulted in us losing all the time. Big room for improvement we will hopefully see against our last 2 group games...but I highly doubt we'll win it.
Quote from spacedskunk :Impressed with North Korea's patience and defence, it's a shame they are in such a tough group or they might have had a serious chance of progressing further.

So far from watching the teams play the strongest looks to be Germany from composed play, followed by Argentina. Spain will be interesting though.

As for England...well we need to really work on the possession side of things, we seemed to hasty to get the ball up which resulted in us losing all the time. Big room for improvement we will hopefully see against our last 2 group games...but I highly doubt we'll win it.

England can't play the passing game. They just don't have the technique. What England can do is route one. We should embrace it

Big defence... and hoof it son!
Quote from spacedskunk :Impressed with North Korea's patience and defence, it's a shame they are in such a tough group or they might have had a serious chance of progressing further.

Well the way ivory coast and portugal played today, I wouldn't put it passed N.Korea to qualify!
I've got a strong feeling that England are going to loose from a fluke goal on friday.
I hope we win but someone needs to teach Heskey not to aim for the goalkeeper. Still cant believe they took him.
Heskey is just a Drogba without any skills.
I used to love heskey as a player but he's getting to old and he's lost his spark which i think Michael owen is starting to loose now.

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG