The online racing simulator
South Africa doesn't dominated the game for 5 minutes. Please shut up to Parreira.
Very deserved the result
Great match, Uruguay played his best game in years.

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Yeah, the call was a heartbreaker but by the rules the ref was correct in his call. It was certainly a card (contact with the player's feet, no chance at the ball), and in the box it's gotta be a red.

Agree...
Not brilliant play by Uruguay but they did their homework and seemed in control all the time.

I don't feel sorry at all for the South African team, they were pretty violent tonight.
Quote from DevilDare :
E - Wow. What a crap decision by the ref. Khenu barely touched him... That was a overblown dive from the Uruguaynian. Appauling IMO.

Not even close to the ball, made contact (doesn't matter how little, contact was made) with the man and stop a goal scoring chance.

All these add up to a penalty and an early bath for the offending player.
Still, had the player not dived and acted as if he was shot in the face, I think Khenu would of gotten away with just a yellow.

The amount of diving I have seen so far in this World Cup is really, really sad...
Quote from DevilDare :Still, had the player not dived and acted as if he was shot in the face, I think Khenu would of gotten away with just a yellow.

No way. Khenu was the last player. It's an automatic red card.
Quote from DevilDare :Still, had the player not dived and acted as if he was shot in the face, I think Khenu would of gotten away with just a yellow.

The amount of diving I have seen so far in this World Cup is really, really sad...

The keeper would still have been sent off, stopping a goalscoring chance is a red card offence regardless of whether the player tripped had done a full twist while going down.
Quote from Kalev EST :No way. Khenu was the last player. It's an automatic red card.

doesn't matter if he's last man, only if it a goalscoring chance was denied
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :doesn't matter if he's last man, only if it a goalscoring chance was denied

Isn't getting past the last man a goalscoring chance then?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :The keeper would still have been sent off, stopping a goalscoring chance is a red card offence regardless of whether the player tripped had done a full twist while going down.

Well thats the thing, its arguable that it wasnt a goal scoring opportunity. Check the replay, Suarez didnt exactly had the ball under full control before Khenu took him down.
Quote from Kalev EST :Isn't getting past the last man a goalscoring chance then?

Most the time yes, but not always.

Say the striker is running away from the goal out of the box (assume then that the striker is Scottish) and towards the corner flag, if the last man back was to bring him down then under the lawas of the game it's a yellow card and not a red, he's not in a goal scoring postion.

Likewise if a defender was to foul a player at the edge of the box as the striker was winding up to take a shot, even with the keeper and another defender in there it should be a red card for the tackling player.

It's one of these myths that have come up with fans automatical assuming that the last man means an instant red card...not always the case.
Quote from DevilDare :Well thats the thing, its arguable that it wasnt a goal scoring opportunity. Check the replay, Suarez didnt exactly had the ball under full control before Khenu took him down.

Suarez flicked the ball past the keeper who then brought him down....while it could be argued that the player was not getting the ball after that, we can't be sure as the keeper brought him down.

Since the last control of the ball was with Suarez and if he made it past the keeper without getting hit, then he had a reasonable goalscoring opportunity which was denied.

I understand where you're coming from DD, and to a certain extent I agree. To the fans point of view that seems harsh, however the laws of the game are such that there can be no grey area for the refs. If these factors happened then the only choice left for the ref is to send the offending player off, common sense referring is to inconsistent to be used so now FIFA are removing any “judgement calls” out of the hands of the refs and trying to make the rules as black and white as possible....the only problem is that football is never that easy.
Argentina v South Korea now, should be a cracking match!
Nigeria up 1-0, but they are down a player due to a red card.
Wow Greece

Lucky
Nice one Argentina, but i don't think South Korea deserved that kind of result..
I missed the first half of Greece and Nigeria, but the second one is surprisingly good so far!
This game is hilarious and kinda sad.

SK and Argentina are loving it, though.
I missed the biggest turn around so far because I thought the first half was boring. :o
Go, Mexico, go!!

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG