The online racing simulator
Quote from Jordan2007 :Its a shame, But How does anyone know? Scawen might say hes not releasing any tracks, but It shouldnt take this long for Tyre physics and the scirroco

I Reckon for the wait we have had with the scirroco, i think hes gonna release a track.

Why should he, he does not owe us anything. We all have our money's worth with LFS as it is today. You can consider the VWS as a bonus whenever it's released.
It seems hes taken too long though, Im not expecting more, but i think he will give us More.

Its my opinion, Many people have had opinions on what hes gonna release..
If we don't get this track, and they modified the game without permission, then surely that's against the EULA.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :If we don't get this track, and they modified the game without permission, then surely that's against the EULA.

and if it was rockingham them selves who did it we might get the track anyway as part of the saying sorry for hackzoring lfs.
lol yeah, that's a direction this thread hasn't taken yet.
Should be worth a good 5 pages of rumours, and people saying it's crazy talk, and saying everyone's stupid, and that the devs should call Quincy to solve the case.
Or the devs sue them and we get licensed real cars and tracks with the money

TBH I think it's not gonna happen

KY2 looks similar to the Rock
Well none of the tracks in LFS are real, and they were all built from scratch. A laser scanned model of a real circuit is bound to look different. It could be similar to the VW situation, they could have made a tempory version in a short period of time for this specific show, with the view to creating a more refined version for general release at a later date.
If it doesn't look like an LFS track, that's good, because none of the current tracks look "real" whatsoever.

Can't wait for a month to go by and threads starting with "Where is it?"....
Sorry for my stupidity, but that car is what i think it is? the sentimental of the three?
Quote :A great chance that it isnt gonna be released for us.

Even if designed by someone else the devs would have to play their part in allowing its inclusion inside LFS. I don't think Scawen would agree to any deal which didn't broadly affect LFS in a positive way... a little booth at a track somewhere (temporary or permanent) isn't advertising LFS properly if it isn't going to be a part of the game (I guess you could advertise the physics aspect of the cars but it would be misleading if there were no laser scanned tracks in the actual product). It's more likely there's been a deal struck where the track was offered to the devs in return for allowing LFS to be used in the setup there, and since people will be paying to use it, the cost of the track will be paid off and will allow some profit to be made over time. A win win scenario for all.

That's my new theory anyway, which I'm sticking to until the next actual piece of evidence comes through!
I've removed over 100 posts from this thread and given it a more sensible name, now I'm logging off the forums for the night and would appreciate if people could refrain from posting silly arguments or spam from now on.

The rumour mill may now continue...
Quote from Bob Smith :I've removed over 100 posts from this thread and given it a more sensible name, now I'm logging off the forums for the night and would appreciate if people could refrain from posting silly arguments or spam from now on.

The rumour mill may now continue...

Great job.
Have a nice sleep
Quote from Electrik Kar :That's my new theory anyway, which I'm sticking to until the next actual piece of evidence comes through!

I forgot that people had to pay to use it, they must have got permission if they are making money from it, otherwise they would be in big trouble. One thing we do know for certain is that if any deal has been made it will mean we get this track in LFS, otherwise Scawen would have never made a deal.
why would they not release the track? They could get more people paying for the game and more people getting happy, so i dont see why they would not release it?
Only thing to do is keep the thread going until someone makes an official comment.
Can someone explain who and why was there a stand at Rockingham?
so what if a new track was spotted? a certain car was spotted over a year ago, and the devs said they would release it, and we still have no new car. now apply that pattern to this track, and we probably won't see it before 2011...
I can not believe the Devs would take a real track that is so similiar to an

already in LFS existing one, pretty sure they would choose something new ,

same work but more applause by community.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Track doesnt even look so special.... I hope that it wont be released for lfs. I think that they made that track special for "where you played it"

iWhine
Quote from Breizh :iWhine

iSpam

I don't think that the new patch will contain Rockingham. Since Scawen coded the Scirocco for ages to lfs it will take twice the time for fixing the track for us. Scavier always uses their own created stuff. If someone from Rockingham created that track then there is little hope that we will get our hands to it.

You'll never know, I know that Scawen is reading our posts and laughing at us the whole time.

E: Atleast, not to be expected in 0.6A
Kyoto is nothing like Rockingham.

Just don't hold your breath, as you all know, LFS develops in what could be called a very uneccesarily slow way, but 'thats how the devs want it to be' (according to people who aren't the devs and have never spoken to them). :rolleyes:

If there is one certainty in all this, just like Scirocco, the name Rockingham will become the forum's new buzzword to the point where sane people become sick of hearing it.
Don't know if those photos are fake or not.

I made a little bit of investigation, and came across with those "extrange" similarities
Attached images
carpark.jpg
skid park.jpg
secret comparison.jpg
overview.jpg
This thread is closed

Rockingham spotted in LFS at BTCC race [formerly: Great jobs Devs - LFS rocks!]
(503 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG