The online racing simulator
True...tho *IF* the devs didn't do those interface updates, that would be a breach of terms, wouldn't it?
It like a box of pizza was tossed to a mob that hasn't eating in 3 weeks in this thread.

What if there is a Rockingham and it was developed by a 3rd party for commercial use under a different licensing agreement? Or maybe it is going to be a new addition to LFS in the future like is speculated? I sure hope the box isn't empty here. Cause the mob will go wild. Somethings are better left unknown IMO.

Would be nice to see a new track in LFS though.

- Jay
Quote from illegal :Guess who's back.

The engine mods could be made with tweak, but what about the fuel otions for several pit stops on the right? Or is this a pic from that old Beta version?
edit: and their is only a final drive option, no gearbox or how its called. Limited setup options?

ic removed:
Quote from ACCAkut :

The engine mods could be made with tweak, but what about the fuel otions for several pit stops on the right? Or is this a pic from that old Beta version?

Don't panic... this is just an old joke to do with the LX8.
All this speculation isn't good.

Because if for any one of hundreds of reasons the dev's can't (or havn't been planning on) get Rockingham into LFS, there's gonna be an outrage! "OH we saw pictures why wont you give us new content" and "lfs is dead /wrists"

Look what happened with the 'rocco.
Quote from mcintyrej :All this speculation isn't good.

Because if for any one of hundreds of reasons the dev's can't (or havn't been planning on) get Rockingham into LFS, there's gonna be an outrage! "OH we saw pictures why wont you give us new content" and "lfs is dead /wrists"

HA! Too late!
Rockingham - Kyoto
Kyoto - Rockingham

If it is indeed true, then Rockingham is a very odd choice, considering the similarites to the Kyoto curcuit in LFS already.
Quote from danowat :Rockingham - Kyoto
Kyoto - Rockingham

If it is indeed true, then Rockingham is a very odd choice, considering the similarites to the Kyoto curcuit in LFS already.

And thats one of the reasons we may not get a public release with Rockingham. Oh I can already imagine the moaning...
Kyoto - Rockingham

Just because it has oval and road courses it is Kyoto? O.o
Quote from Byku :Just because it has oval and road courses it is Kyoto? O.o

No, but very similar.

Infact, I'd argue that Kyoto's national curcuit was based on the international Super Sports Car Circuit at Rockingham
But if Rockingham approached LFS (rather than the other way around) then the fact that there is a 'similar' track already in LFS (which is very, very, very different anyway) will have little to do with it.

Imagine Scavier were asked to include Rockingham in LFS for various reasons, and were allowed to use the track in the public release.

The nature of the agreement (let's say laser scanning and telemetry data to refine the model) might mean that some things need to be improved - bouncy barriers (although it's very unlikely that Jordan 'Moron' 2007 was able or allowed to check every barrier of every config for the bug, which mostly afflicts the AutoX red/white barrier anyway), tyre model over bumps or camber, meaning that this has to be 'fixed' prior to release, or even announcement.

It may also be that Scavier were asked not to make this public knowledge PRIOR to a particular event (perhaps the BTCC race at the weekend), hence no mention of it so far.

But essentially the fact that Kyoto exists in no way diminishes the chances of this being fact.
Quote from danowat :no, but very similar.

Infact, i'd argue that kyoto's national curcuit was based on the international super sports car circuit at rockingham

I agree, the tracks look very similar.
Quote from tristancliffe :But essentially the fact that Kyoto exists in no way diminishes the chances of this being fact.

That wasn't my intention, I don't argue the fact that it could infact be real, its just unfortunate that we already have a very similar environment already.

Its a shame a more interesting curcuit didn't approach LFS, like Brands, or Cadwell park, that would have brought something fresh and new to the table.
It's like everybody's on the design committee.
You're feeling left out I suppose
Look at attatchment
Attached images
LFS Rockingham not an illusion.JPG
Quote from mcintyrej :All this speculation isn't good.

Why don't they speak up then? Silence only fuels the speculation.

Kyoto - Rockingham

I'll say again, Rockingham is a completely different track, Kyoto is relatively fast and sweeping, Rock's infield road courses are quite a bit tighter and shorter. the oval is a completely different layout and is banked far steeper than Rockingham, Kyoto is also much longer than Rock.

Theres more to it than them both just being ovals with road courses.
I like speculation. I don't like the reaction from users when the speculation is wrong. Kids, nothing in this thread is confirmed. Let's see if we've learned our lesson from Das Auto and act like adults when whatever is official is announced.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :You're feeling left out I suppose

Nope.. The game'll be done when it'll be done.. That's all I care about. The longer it takes the better it'll be. I have plenty of crap to do to keep me busy, so to me 2 years ago when I stopped playing is like yesterday.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is that there's no sign of a big block road car and/or MR-engined GTR. The FR roadster is one of the (if not the) simplest staple designs in motorsports. It belongs in LFS.. People would be all over it. I frankly can't see any negatives in its addition. An MR Ferrari-like would concievably be more tricky to do right - the balance and finesse etc. But something like a ZR1 Corvette is dead simple. And they don't even have to do a replica, it just needs to have that same simple, fire breathing character.
Quote from 5haz :Why don't they speak up then? Silence only fuels the speculation.

Yeah, Scavier are doing voodoo magic to force people to speculate. It's really all their fault that people gossip like a grandma's knitting club.
Quote :I'll say again, Rockingham is a completely different track, Kyoto is relatively fast and sweeping, Rock's infield road courses are quite a bit tighter and shorter. the oval is a completely different layout and is banked far steeper than Rockingham, Kyoto is also much longer than Rock.

Theres more to it than them both just being ovals with road courses.

Let's hope so. It looks really flat.
Quote from danowat :Its a shame a more interesting curcuit didn't approach LFS, like Brands, or Cadwell park, that would have brought something fresh and new to the table.

It is a shame, but that's life!!! Cadwell would be amazing, although there aren't many places to pass...

Maybe other circuits will get on board following Rockingham's lead? iRacing is very much US based. Perhaps LFS is the UK tracks equivalent? Could MSV be tempted to join LFS - then we get Cadwell, Snetterton, Oulton, Brands Hatch and Bedford Autodrome....

Anyway, my brother has confirmed that it WAS LFS and it WAS Rockingham. The only remaining question is will it get to the public version, and from prior experience one has to assume that yes, it will.
Brands, yes please, but how it was before they messed with it 10 years ago.
Cool. Hope we get this in under 1 year.
Quote from detail :Cool. Hope we get this in under 1 year.

santa claus doesnt exist
o lol thats rly cool and this is true but fake
True that this track exist and i think devs done some shoot and asked to do and post only bad ones atm there is about 10 pctureas but all are blured that looks rly strange as in nowdays even mobile phone can do a decent foto
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG