Quote from boothy :It was inside the welcome centre at the bottom corner of the main stand nearest to turn one. Reception at one end, then a row of the seats, g25s and screens, a V8 style car and some army thing was there also, as well as some band doing a sound check for the thing after the final race. It was some Rockingham guy who I gave the money to and spoke with.

He said it was a special Rockingham version of LFS, laser scanned etc, but didn't know when it was going to be in the public version if at all.

So it was there purely to promote the Rockingham circuit? If it was there to promote LFS it would be odd for people to go out and buy the game and find that Rockingham is not and never will be within.
Well you don't promote LFS by having no mention of it on the screen, around the area etc do you? It was giving kids, anyone a shot of driving on the track they were at basically.
and i dont see any writing or lfs logo

Quote :
You have our permission to use LFS for this purpose, with one important condition. You MUST display the following text AND the Live for Speed logo on a banner or poster clearly and visibly mounted near your hardware, in plain view of anyone who is standing nearby, and in such a position that it will be visible in photographs taken of your setup at most angles.

required text :
Racing simulation software provided by Live for Speed : www.lfs.net

scawen go kick their ass and get that track off them and give to usssss xD
The devs have never agreed to any licencing deal that grants exclusive content and have avoided doing so as a matter of principle. If they have indeed produced a custom Rockingham track then it will, sooner or later, end up in the product that we use.

However the version we get may well be a further development, they'll have produced a track to meet a deadline to satisfy the licence agreement, but that does not meen that it is as complete and to the standard they wish it to be before it is released to us.

As for whether the rumour is true or not, I dont much want to speculate - but the old hands have been begging for new environments for some time - and I know that the devs do listen...

...We just get things when it suites them, not us.
hi becky

also devs must know about this.. as rockinghams making a profit from it.

Quote :
2) Licensed Commercial Use

This is the situation where you use Live for Speed in a permanent or temporary simulator setup and you make profit by charging customers who use the system.

For this purpose, you must contact the LFS developers and arrange a commercial license. A commercial license requires a small recurring payment and gives you permission to charge customers and make profit from the use of Live for Speed. Payments may be monthly or annually. Although you have only a single license, we will provide sufficient unlocks to keep your machines up to date, and will always be available in less than 24 hours to help you with any support issues you may have.

Our charges for this are very reasonable and can be adjusted to your circumstances, such as how many machines you are running and how many days per week they will be in use. We can give good discounts for commercial license customers in countries where the exchange rate to UK currency is unfavourable. We will arrange with you a charge that we both agree is reasonable and suitable for the purpose.

Some example charges for a single machine setup at full price e.g. USA / Europe / Australia :

Full time use (5 or more days per week) : £24 per month
Part time use (for example weekends only) : £12 per month
Educational license (use in a school) : £24 per year

so now scawen must say smth
If this track will not be public, then whats the point of making that stuff? Okay, commercial, but real LFS is here, in this forum, in our PC's. I hope devs will really make it public after some time.
Quote from PioneerLv :If this track will not be public, then whats the point of making that stuff? Okay, commercial, but real LFS is here, in this forum, in our PC's. I hope devs will really make it public after some time.

What else to say? You did it before me
Close thread? :~D
Breadz, I'm sure everything has been sorted with the Devs - it's a great track in game and I doubt Rockingham would run it if they weren't allowed to.
It must get public, what's the point to create laser scanned track just for 2days, and £2 per 10mins?
EDIT: Damnit, PioneerLv was faster
Quote from boothy :Breadz, I'm sure everything has been sorted with the Devs - it's a great track in game and I doubt Rockingham would run it if they weren't allowed to.

why no announcement nothing..

even if devs juswrote forum post fox at rockingham on bla bla day..

id be there in instant.. but nothing was said therefore almost no one knew about it
It's also said that it's gonna be new car, so 12 pounds for track and car
Hahahahahhahahah! Omg omg :d I'm going to pay that bloody 12 punds with smile!
Absolutely beautiful

This is why I'm with Live For Speed, but not with iRacing!

Top quality, looks superb.
Damn, this roxxx!
Woohoo

WELCOME TO Live For Speed S3!
Possible for '09 release?

-Lasered Rockingham
-VW Scirocco
-Tyre physics upgrade/redone
-New car confirmed for S3
-S3 Licence purchase

MUCH more then we expected!
Will rally stage be part of rockingham track too? :-/
Great news devs! Bring it to us asap or asaf (finished)

and now close thread
Quote from Michalxo :Will rally stage be part of rockingham track too? :-/
Great news devs! Bring it to us asap or asaf (finished)

and now close thread

No, Victor said no rally stage.
HOLY CRAP! That's all I have to say today. I will drink to LFS S3 tonight, that's for sure!
Quote from J@tko :I couldn't give less of a ****.

+1.
My money is ready to be transferred to the devs as soon as requested
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG