The online racing simulator
He bought a Scirocco and went to a track day at Rockingham? And thought it was the best combo ever?
I just did a sex wee. Please don't make this a waste of my children.
Quote from Fuse5 :How can you possibly know that.

Because it is new

Quote from JO53PHS :He bought a Scirocco and went to a track day at Rockingham? And thought it was the best combo ever?

100% correct, because i am 15
Quote from GeForz :So, that track comes out with the scirocco early 2009? ^^

Exactly. I don't really care what they have. I mean I think we'd all agree that Eric probably made SOMETHING in the 4 years besides some facelifting and a couple of cars, so it's just one of a number of things they have on their computers.

We don't have it, we won't get it for ages. It's only Rockingham anyway. Worst track in the UK.
interestin
Quote from boothy :That was my mistake - I was visiting an amateur doctor...

But that sure looks likes the track on this picture eh?

Give us more!!!!!!!!! and dont take picture with that 2$ camera!
im twitching... dev confermation plz kthxbai

if its real, /win
Quote from Minimaxman :Wow, interesting. Seems strange they picked that track when it's quite similar to Kyoto but who cares, the more update the better! I really like the track in real life, so hopefully it should be great!

(If it's true) I don't think it's as easy as "they picked it". If they had been able to just pick a British track they would have probably chosen Silverstone, Donington or Brands Hatch.
I just came back from the future, and I will now reveal what is bound to happen in the next 12 months:

20.9.2009 - Scawen will in fact confirm, that LFS is getting a new track, released later this year along with the Scirocco and the new tire model.

18.12.2009 - The new patch will be delayed until early 2010 because of shadow bugs found with the new track.

30.7.2010 - The delay was extended, because the whole lighting engine had to be rewritten for the new track.

18.9.2010 - LFS running with weather effects and night racing spotted at a gaming convention, fans go wild.

26.9.2010 - LFS renamed to Online Forum Hype Simulator.

Wow. Might be time to blow the dust off my wheel and plug it in once more when this gets confirmed by the devs.

Rockingham might not be the bestest most amazingest track in the world evar, but by god it's a new track, something that LFS is crying out for.

Quote from sinbad :I mean I think we'd all agree that Eric probably made SOMETHING in the 4 years besides some facelifting and a couple of cars, so it's just one of a number of things they have on their computers.

Absolutely, no doubt there's all sorts of experimental tracks, cars, etc on Eric's computer and dead-end development branches with Scawen. It's just a question of how much of it will ever see light of day, and when.

But still.... a new track. Some new corners. Be great if it has all the variations, even if it is a little bit Kyoto-ish. And no doubt the standard of modelling will be far higher than some of LFS's earliest tracks which we still use.
Quote from zeugnimod :(If it's true) I don't think it's as easy as "they picked it". If they had been able to just pick a British track they would have probably chosen Silverstone, Donington or Brands Hatch.

Cadwell, Zeug, they'd have picked Cadwell
Guys stop doing this im so lol'ed today

and ALL GO WATCH WTCC!
Quote from aroX123 :Give us more!!!!!!!!! and dont take picture with that 2$ camera!

YES, instead, knowing that you went there on purpose to get us, needy forum whores, detailed information about the new patch/release, including scanned documentation, high-res photos, and even a stolen sim rig with the release on it!

Thats what you are expected to deliver!
It was blatently a Rickroll anyway, because the first Scirocco video was released last December
Quote from Matrixi :I just came back from the future, and I will now reveal what is bound to happen in the next 12 months:

26.9.2010 - LFS renamed to Online Forum Hype Simulator.

24.12.2010 - Lfs Devs decide to follow I-racing way and set the monthly charge around 50 €
Quote from rasmusl :i will find you, and give you a swift kick in the balls if you give me false hope
Otherwise, good job

+1
Looking forward to it if its true.

Tried the track on rFactor, good fun
Its real tbh!

Still don't know whether that will make me dig up my wheel and set it all back up again - not played LFS for a good month or two now.
one of the moderators let the cat out the bag a while ago on this!
Quote from StableX :one of the moderators let the cat out the bag a while ago on this!

Yeah, I thought everyone knew we were getting Rockingham anyway.
This thread is closed

Rockingham spotted in LFS at BTCC race [formerly: Great jobs Devs - LFS rocks!]
(503 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG