The online racing simulator
So posting this in a now locked thread was a bad idea. Anyway, just wondered if anyone agrees with me on this point:

Quote :
Even though this rumour looks almost entirely baseless, here's what I think.

Frankly I'd like to see LFS stick to fictional tracks, there's far more imagination involved. I've never seen the attraction of a real track in this game anyway. Besides, if a real track ever turned up, people would either get bored of it entirely after 2 months or just race one car on the same layout for the rest of eternity. I'm not a huge fan of the Scirocco for similar reasons, though (also because the new car is nowhere near as good looking as the original 70s one). It's an average FWD coupe, which just isn't going to hold the attention of people who like open-wheel racing and GTR racing. The cruise fan-base will probably be happy but do the devs and the community think that's the right way to go?

Is there anybody else in the community who actually likes the fact that LFS is based in a semi-fictional world?

Quote from StableX :one of the moderators let the cat out the bag a while ago on this!

Link!
makes sense they do Rockingham though with the collaboration with V1 etc and what they are doing......
Quote from ChiliFan :So posting this in a now locked thread was a bad idea. Anyway, just wondered if anyone agrees with me on this point:

I agree,i prefer LFS to be fictional.
I never felt the urge to see a real track in LFS,tbh.
Quote from mcintyrej :Its real tbh!

Still don't know whether that will make me dig up my wheel and set it all back up again - not played LFS for a good month or two now.

Not played LFS for 4 months and it will definately make me dig up my wheel again.
Quote from IlGuercio :I agree,i prefer LFS to be fictional.

see it this way... at least with one laser scanned track, hopefully all the current tracks can now be overhauled so the tarmac isn't smooth using the data from the laser surface.
Quote from IlGuercio :I agree,i prefer LFS to be fictional.

there was always the point - several best known corners in one LFS track (like Parabolica and EauRouge in AsHist)
Quote from Luke.S :i hope this is true. It will be the first ever real lfs track. And it will mean people don't complain.

It looks like a pretty flat track.
Quote from aroX123 :Scirocco + new track!!!!!!!!!!! best combo evver!

And the first feasible LFS:reality comparison.
Quote from StableX :makes sense they do Rockingham though with the collaboration with V1 etc and what they are doing......

finally 5 pages for someone to click .
Rockingham is a speedway? Has an infield, that looks interesting.
/me wonders if it's the same track

http://www.rockinghamracewaypa ... /trackfacts/trackmap.html

I don't see why the devs have not locked this, I don't see why the mods have not kicked some ass and taken names. I find this hole thing disturbing, very disturbing in fact if in the next update a new track fails to materialize. This thread sets a dangerous precedent.
I want some prooooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffff.
Quote from jwardy :finally 5 pages for someone to click .

I said it on page 2! Go me, I clicked on something.

Quote from Mp3 Astra :Nope. That was some kind of blank airfield.

However, Rockingham is used regularly by another one of LFS' affiliates, the V1 championship........

Quote from Dygear :

I don't see why the devs have not locked this, I don't see why the mods have not kicked some ass and taken names. I find this hole thing disturbing, very disturbing in fact if in the next update a new track fails to materialize. This thread sets a dangerous precedent.

Why does it set a dangerous precedent? Either way, we are almost 100% sure that a laser-scanned version of Rockingham is existing in a version of LFS. Whether or not it's going to be released is another matter; but this thread is perfectly valid.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Why does it set a dangerous precedent? Either way, we are almost 100% sure that a laser-scanned version of Rockingham is existing in a version of LFS. Whether or not it's going to be released is another matter; but this thread is perfectly valid.

The precedent has already been set :P Remember how we got to know about the Scirocco?
Oh awesome!
Quote from Dygear :I don't see why the devs have not locked this, I don't see why the mods have not kicked some ass and taken names. I find this hole thing disturbing, very disturbing in fact if in the next update a new track fails to materialize. This thread sets a dangerous precedent.

I'd think this was intended by the devs.

They must have expected at least one member of the LFS forum to be at Rockingham this weekend and see that simulator and post about it here.
Quote from Luke.S :If it is true I think LFS may be taking off now. First a deal with the people who make the Raceabout. Then a deal with BMW Sauber. Then the V1 Championship. Then Volkswagen and now possibly Rockingham. This may be the start of something great. Anyone else think LFS is becoming very popular?

I dont think LFS is about to get the most popular - I see it as trying to be (and awarded for being) the best (and best optimized) car physics racing simulator.
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko : This is gonna cause some shit...
Quote from Gil07 :The precedent has already been set :P Remember how we got to know about the Scirocco?

Christ, I forgot about that. Exactly the same situation!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG