The online racing simulator
I'm suprised Fisi didn't F* up and could actually follow Kimi's pace..

Next race will be very interesting..
First lap crash was clearly a racing incident in my mind. Button was on the outside, then backed off and tried to take the racing line, but Grosjean thought that he would stay on the outside and they touched. IIRC Algesuari's car was damaged before he tangled with Hamilton.
Quote from Sponge :Next race will be very interesting..

Just throw some dice. We have about as much chance of predicting the result as predicting the next number.
Quote from Kazu2799 :Wait i think i remember he spun out in the lap after the pass right? Then hamilton got dq after the race

Exactly.

Quote from J@tko :
And Zeug - you're sacked as our Rain Dance man

Pff, who are you to decide that? I will still dance the next 2 weeks. Although I doubt that it will help with the race being in Italy. :S
The problem with Kimi was that by the looks of it he had absolutely no intention to stay within the race track. He just drove on to the run-off, didn't even try to stay on the track.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :The problem with Kimi was that by the looks of it he had absolutely no intention to stay within the race track. He just drove on to the run-off, didn't even try to stay on the track.

If Kimi had of stayed on the track and backed off, an accident would of no doubt occurred, besides, did the people who passed others avoiding the crash at Les Combes have to give the places back?
A couple of interesting images. First is the point at which Raikkonen leaves the track. There are 4 cars ahead of him as he leaves the track and if he had chosen to lift off to stay on the track he would have slotted in at least 5th or 6th position. The second image is the moment when Raikkonen rejoins the track. He is in 3rd/4th position with a run to get 3rd position. No advantage gained? Balls.
Attached images
raikkonent1.jpg
Quote from samjh :Awesome work by Fisichella and Force India! The bookies must be banging their heads on their desks.

Now, the BMWs... are they back in the game? They seem to come and go.

Nicky Lauda commented that due the low temperatures in Spa, the "rubbish cars that always struggled with tyre temperature suddenly have their temperatures in the operating window"... Could be an explanation - we'll see if they suck in Monza again...
Quote from JackDaMaster :If Kimi had of stayed on the track and backed off, an accident would of no doubt occurred, besides, did the people who passed others avoiding the crash at Les Combes have to give the places back?

Yes indeed, congrats to Kimi, he was super agressive from the first sec also having to avoid a Brawn racer stalling the first couple of seconds!
He did the right thing in T1 as agreed and commented by Tom Kristensen and Nicholas Kiesa(danish tv). Both agreed that he really had no other choice, might have been a bit planned, but dont tell me anyone of You guys, would not have done the same thing if You were in the same situation!!,,;p What is this Kimi bashing about anyways, he`s friggin cool guy!!
Quote from amp88 :A couple of interesting images. First is the point at which Raikkonen leaves the track. There are 4 cars ahead of him as he leaves the track and if he had chosen to lift off to stay on the track he would have slotted in at least 5th or 6th position. The second image is the moment when Raikkonen rejoins the track. He is in 3rd/4th position with a run to get 3rd position. No advantage gained? Balls.

Exactly, read the facts of the Spa decision (point 3) then the appropriate part of the FIA International Sporting regs (Appendix L, IV 2. (c)): Should a car leave the track f ... ut gaining any advantage.

It's quite funny how 12 months on the regulations which punished a driver who was forced off the track are totally forgotten about when it comes to a driver who deliberately did not use the racetrack to pass cars. More utter BS from the stewards. :rolleyes:
Quote from amp88 :A couple of interesting images. First is the point at which Raikkonen leaves the track. There are 4 cars ahead of him as he leaves the track and if he had chosen to lift off to stay on the track he would have slotted in at least 5th or 6th position. The second image is the moment when Raikkonen rejoins the track. He is in 3rd/4th position with a run to get 3rd position. No advantage gained? Balls.

Ehh, from that image, Kimi goes off when he is in 3rd position/level with 4th, and he rejoins in 3rd position/level with 4th.
Quote from niall09 :Ehh, from that image, Kimi goes off when he is in 3rd position/level with 4th

Only if you discount the inside/outside line of the corner and you don't take into consideration the fact Kimi is accelerating round the outside of the corner whilst the drivers on track are trying to negotiate the hairpin. If Kimi had stayed on the track he would have had to lift to give the drivers on the inside the track then slot in behind them which would have put him below 3rd/4th position.
I don't think there would have been an accident if he stayed on either. You can clearly see he would be aside the Toyota with room had he stayed on. And in 4th position as he should have been.
Quote from bbman :Nicky Lauda commented that due the low temperatures in Spa, the "rubbish cars that always struggled with tyre temperature suddenly have their temperatures in the operating window"... Could be an explanation - we'll see if they suck in Monza again...

id say theres far too much speculation going on when the facts are much more simple
the field has an almost nonexistant spread of 1.2-1.5 seconds atm and both aero updates and slight differences in how the cars cope with different tracks can easily cause more than have a second difference in pace
its not like there are any rubbish cars this season its just that with the field being that close any slight deviation in performance will cause a massive drop in grid position
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
I was actually hoping that kimi would win it. I just Didn't like how he handled the first turn..
Quote from Intermediate07 :Last year he did the same in T1 at the start and in lap 2 where Hamilton spun.

And also near the end of the race, somewhere around Pouhon I think, he went out wide and got a better drive out than Hamilton.

Quote from JackDaMaster :If Kimi had of stayed on the track and backed off, an accident would of no doubt occurred, besides, did the people who passed others avoiding the crash at Les Combes have to give the places back?

This is retarted...... What about Hamilton and Kimi last year at the Bus Stop chicane? If Hamilton would of stayed on the track, Kimi would of crashed into him/spun him.....
Quote from devildare :
this is retarted...... What about hamilton and kimi last year at the bus stop chicane? If hamilton would of stayed on the track, kimi would of crashed into him/spun him.....

+1
Quote from DevilDare :
This is retarded...... What about Hamilton and Kimi last year at the Bus Stop chicane? If Hamilton would of stayed on the track, Kimi would of crashed into him/spun him.....

Yea, I kinda put my point across bad there, what I was trying to say is that with some peoples' logic here the people who went off and (unintentionally) passed at Les Combes should be penalised as well as Kimi.

IMO it was just lucky that Kimi came out in a good position, because had the BMW's and Trulli got a normal exit from the corner, Kimi would of been behind them for sure.

/out before I dig myself a bigger hole
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Yeah ok..... You got me on this one, the speed wasnt big enough to actually properly catch Hamilton.

About the curbs though.... What the hell are you on about? Whats wrong with high riding the curbs? Everyone is doing it...... Actually, it is slower at some places doing that.....
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from ATHome :You sir, have serious paranoia. Consult a doctor

Well if that's the case then so must the FIA who are investigating Renault about last years Singapore GP regarding Piquet's accident which led to Alonso winning. If the FIA believe that is worthy of investigation, then my suspicions aren't that wacky!
Quote from carey :Err... with wet conditions on dry tyres they become quite treacherous. Anyway I only mentioned them as at the time (which it seems we're revisiting) people where saying that Lewis was faster, which I thought was a slightly silly argument, as the Ferrari wasn't as good in the wet and Kimi was clearly being more cautious.

So where does the argument come in? If Lewis feels comfortable pushing to the limits while Kimi doesnt, that doesnt exactly make him worse in any way..... Infact, it makes him better....

And yeah, he was so cautious he binned it in the end.....
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Jesus christ Carey.....

You know what, I am not even going to bother because this is going to turn out another fanboy argument and Shaz will be pissed again.

Just wondering where on earth you came from, any thread I see you in you are always trying to prove other people wrong and pick up needless fights.
he often has contrasting opinions is all
Quote from carey :it was in fact Massa that said it would have been impossible on such a short straight.

Massa, Kimi's team mate? He said that? NO WAY! Yer, shaddap.

Quote from carey :Firstly if you watch the onboard he was slightly impeded by Rosberg, and what would you have rather he done? Backed off, taken second? The crime in that race was that Felipe was awarded the win when he said himself that he completely backed off.

Secondly, <insert demo racer hate statement here>, therefore you aren't allowed an opinion. Opinions cost twelve quid around here, didn't you know?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG