The online racing simulator
Interesting race for a change, now lets see if Kimi gets slapped with a penalty, probrably not.

I reckon that Brawn never expected to do very well and only decided to secure things for the first half of the season, now they're a victim of their own success?
Here.

PROVISIONAL RACE RESULTS

The Belgian Grand Prix
Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium;
44 laps; 308.052km;
Weather: Sunny.

Classified:

Pos Driver Team Time

1. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1h23:50.995
2. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes (B) + 0.939
3. Vettel Red Bull-Renault (B) + 3.875
4. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) + 9.966
5. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) + 11.276
6. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) + 32.763
7. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes (B) + 35.461
8. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) + 36.208
9. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) + 36.959
10. Glock Toyota (B) + 41.490
11. Sutil Force India-Mercedes (B) + 42.636
12. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 46.106
13. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) + 54.241
14. Badoer Ferrari (B) + 1:38.177

Fastest lap: Vettel, 1:47.263

Not classified/retirements:

Driver Team On lap

Alonso Renault (B) 27
Trulli Toyota (B) 22
Button Brawn-Mercedes (B) 1
Grosjean Renault (B) 1
Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1
Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1

World Championship standings, round 12:

Drivers: Constructors:

1. Button 72 1. Brawn-Mercedes 128
2. Barrichello 56 2. Red Bull-Renault 104.5
3. Vettel 53 3. Ferrari 56
4. Webber 51.5 4. McLaren-Mercedes 44
5. Raikkonen 34 5. Toyota 38.5
6. Rosberg 30.5 6. Williams-Toyota 30.5
7. Hamilton 27 7. BMW Sauber 18
8. Trulli 22.5 8. Renault 16
9. Massa 22 9. Force India-Mercedes 8
10. Kovalainen 17 10. Toro Rosso-Ferrari 5
11. Glock 16
12. Alonso 16
13. Heidfeld 10
14. Kubica 8
15. Fisichella 8
16. Buemi 3
17. Bourdais 2

All timing unofficial
Quote from Kazu2799 :Kimi cheat his way to victory 2 years in a row!

He spun out in the rain last year.
Wow.... Nice haircut Kimi.....
Quote from 5haz :...now lets see if Kimi gets slapped with a penalty, probrably not...

He kept his poistion, so he won't
Amazing (g)race for Fisichella and FI, grats
Well done Kimi! (Honestly, is everyone so petty?)

Awesome work by Fisichella and Force India! The bookies must be banging their heads on their desks.

That was a solid drive from Vettel. He had a good strategy, but had to work hard to pull it off.

Now, the BMWs... are they back in the game? They seem to come and go.

Toyotas... ugh. Disappointment is too kind a word. Not really Trulli or Glock's fault. Faulty fuel rigs are a pain in the butt.
Spa is providing pest race of the season... again!

Kimi and Ferrari finally win, yay! And gratz to Fisi, didn't expect him to hold that close to Kimi.
Great race, shame about the KERS ruining the show and a lack of punishment for blatent cheating by Kimi at the start. Force India deserved the win. Ferrari should put Fisi in the car for Monza, he has shown today that he has the pace to win races, it would be extremely popular with the Italians too.
Nice driving from Fisi, really nice job he did there. He could keep Kimi even with hard tyres. I wish him keeping this process, and be there on the front in the next races.

And yay to Kimi for the win, however I'm not that satisfied with his T1 solution.
From now on I'm calling Kimi Dick Dastardly.
I thought he had a fight with hamilton and the whole penalty thing for the pass after the chicane thing or was it the year before that?

Wait i think i remember he spun out in the lap after the pass right? Then hamilton got dq after the race
I want to know how the FIA can justify not punishing Kimi for deliberately going off the circuit to gain an advantage and pass several cars. I don't want to be petty about it, but they should really let the other drivers know that they can choose to ignore the white lines and pass cars as long as they don't do it on the inside.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I want to know how the FIA can justify not punishing Kimi for deliberately going off the circuit to gain an advantage and pass several cars. I don't want to be petty about it, but they should really let the other drivers know that they can choose to ignore the white lines and pass cars as long as they don't do it on the inside.

Yep, That really bugged me..

However Force India wasn't racing to win. If they had held Fisi out one lap longer than kimi on the pitstop I think he could have taken it.
Laughing at everyone jumping up and down on Kimi and ignoring the fact that

1) It's on the dirty track and gains no advantage
2) He was on the outside of about 3 and on full lock
3) He was not the only car to do it

But hey, lets not let the facts get in the way of things
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I want to know how the FIA can justify not punishing Kimi for deliberately going off the circuit to gain an advantage and pass several cars. I don't want to be petty about it, but they should really let the other drivers know that they can choose to ignore the white lines and pass cars as long as they don't do it on the inside.

the FIA's colour blindness has returned.

they only see silver cars.

last year hamilton cut the corner, ran off the track and gained an advantage, gave the position back and was penalised.
kimi ran off the track, gained several positions, kept the positions and wasnt penalised.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Laughing at everyone jumping up and down on Kimi and ignoring the fact that

1) It's on the dirty track and gains no advantage
2) He was on the outside of about 3 and on full lock
3) He was not the only car to do it

But hey, lets not let the facts get in the way of things

Fact: He would have ended up in 5th or 6th position going into Eau Rouge if he had stayed on the track as he would have had to drop behind the cars who were on the inside of him and he couldn't have used KERS effectively.
Fact: Because he chose to go outside of the white line at the edge of the track (he could have chosen to lift off and drop in behind cars to stay on the track) he was able to deploy his KERS outside the track area and rejoined the track in 3rd position.
If there is no alternative but to use that run off area then fair enough, but he made a choice to use it rather than fall in behind the cars infront. It's no different to what Hamilton did the previous year, the only difference is Kimi didn't give back the places he gained. I saw other drivers use it, but it didn't look like they gained places because of it.
I think with Kimi using the runoff area it's ok because had he lifted off which he no doubt would of had to do, he would of lost positions ontop of being another obstacle for people to get tangled up with.. :S

Anyway, well done to Kimi for the win but a massive well done to Fisi, was brilliant to watch! What happend in his pitstop though, they showed his wheel getting stuck or something, looked like he lost a few seconds but he was right back on the tail of Kimi a few laps later?

Big lol to DC aswell, when commenting on Kimi overtaking Heidfeld at the start "Like taking kid from a candy" Good one.
Tarmac runoff spaces are grey areas both literally and figuratively speaking.
It's a FIA-Ferrari conspiracy! Look how Hatmelon was also crashed out, and Bericello caught on fire in the end and how Vettel got third!

Conspiracy!
According to BBC Sport:

Quote :For those of you texting in asking whether Kimi Raikkonen's manoeuvre at the start of the race, when he ran wide, was illegal. He didn't actually pass anyone while he was off the track, so no.

They just don't make tracks like Spa any more

Awesome track, awesome race, awesome result for Force India and Fisi. Just a shame it wasn't the other Force India...

Quote from J@tko, on Monday :Sutil FTW

And Zeug - you're sacked as our Rain Dance man

Not that it actually needed it... :P
Quote from DevilDare :Wow.... Nice haircut Kimi.....

Or rather, lack of.

A good race, the best of the season so far in my opinion. Nice to see an underdog up there.

They seem confident that they can do the same in Monza, but personally I don't think that they can. I will be pleased for them if they can, but I just don't see it happening.
David Coulthard also said Kimi gained no advantage.

So FIA = nothing wrong with Kimi, BBC Sport = nothing wrong, David Coulthard = nothing wrong. Given that all those entities have more collective knowledge about F1 racing than perhaps all of us here combined, I'll take their judgement at face value.

Formula 1 ING Belgian Grand Prix 2009
(422 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG