The online racing simulator
Sutil FTW at Monza.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from carey :There you go. It's funny how Luca said Ferrari would be mad to replace him for Monza

Well, since he can't drive in corners maybe he would do good in straights.
What a happy face

-
(carey) DELETED by carey

"Oh my Gawd u has buttons in it?!"

Note that his thumb is pointing up because he hasn't driven the '09 Ferrari yet.
I have a feeling he's gunna crash it lol. Not in the race but in a practice session or quali. Maybe in the race too come to think of it. It's too good to be true, something has to go wrong lol.

My precious, I finally have my precious rin...I mean Ferrari.
awaits new helmet design.
I think it'll look very much like your smiley JJ... a smile just painted right onto it.
Hah! Fisi looks as though his birthday and Christmas has arrived all in one day!

As for the helmet, it should just be Ferrari red with painted on top.
Nope...

Attached images
the_traitor4a2df1a9d37ebt.jpg
After all this hype, I hope he does well. Otherwise... he'll go from hero to zero in the space it takes for a bullet to travel from a grandstand to the Ferrari pit garage.
Quote from samjh :After all this hype, I hope he does well. Otherwise... he'll go from hero to zero in the space it takes for a bullet to travel from a grandstand to the Ferrari pit garage.

He better do well, Ferrari can't afford to only have one car scoring points to secure 3rd place in the constructors.

I'm confident that he'll score a point or two although I doubt he'll get on the podium. We'll have to wait and see
I'm sure he will do better than Badoer would.
Quote from AjRose :I'm sure he will do better than Badoer would.

yes but will he score points ?

only kidding, he's experience enough to adapt to a new team and car fairly quickly and of course he's got the advantage of being race fit and used to the way this years cars feel.

it'll be interesting where he goes next year as he may now be looking for a race seat (thats a seat as in chair not a SEAT as in touring car) rather than the testing position at ferrari he was rumoured to be going for. also he now will bring some info on ferrari with him.

as an aside, anyone else wonder about the rescheduling of the time for the final gP and that it may not have quite as much to do with TV audiences and more to do with running a race in cooler conditions to stop the brawns running away from anyone else and possibly spoiling a final race title battle ?
Quote from tinvek :yes but will he score points ?

only kidding, he's experience enough to adapt to a new team and car fairly quickly and of course he's got the advantage of being race fit and used to the way this years cars feel.

it'll be interesting where he goes next year as he may now be looking for a race seat (thats a seat as in chair not a SEAT as in touring car) rather than the testing position at ferrari he was rumoured to be going for. also he now will bring some info on ferrari with him.

as an aside, anyone else wonder about the rescheduling of the time for the final gP and that it may not have quite as much to do with TV audiences and more to do with running a race in cooler conditions to stop the brawns running away from anyone else and possibly spoiling a final race title battle ?

He is quite old though, and im pretty sure he dreamed about ending his career with the prancing horse.
Quote from tinvek : it'll be interesting where he goes next year as he may now be looking for a race seat (thats a seat as in chair not a SEAT as in touring car) rather than the testing position at ferrari he was rumoured to be going for. also he now will bring some info on ferrari with him.

He'll have a non-disclosure clause in his contract so any information he'll carry to another team will be next to useless.

My guess is he'll stay with Ferrari. There's still a chance he'll race for them next year. If the rumours are true about Kimi moving on and Alonso taking his seat, that only leaves a question mark over Massa. I don't doubt he'll be fit enough physically, but, the brain injury side of things are much harder to evaluate. I would hate to lose Massa from F1, but i wouldn't be too surprised if he's already driven his last ever race in the sport. Time will tell

Quote from tinvek : as an aside, anyone else wonder about the rescheduling of the time for the final gP and that it may not have quite as much to do with TV audiences and more to do with running a race in cooler conditions to stop the brawns running away from anyone else and possibly spoiling a final race title battle ?

Nah, i don't buy that at all. Remember this is Bernie's idea, so you can bet yer house on the fact it's for the TV audience. And besides, the Brawns don't have anywhere near the hot weather advantage they had at the beginning of the season.
Quote from samjh :After all this hype, I hope he does well. Otherwise... he'll go from hero to zero in the space it takes for a bullet to travel from a grandstand to the Ferrari pit garage.

Planning something there?

I think he's not going to do too well his first race.. it would be understandable, cos' he doesn't know the car yet. But if he fails his second race, he'll be the laughingstock of the paddock..
Monza should be a huge advantage for kers cars though.

with all the high speed sections then sudden stops.
Quote from Mustafur :Monza should be a huge advantage for kers cars though.

with all the high speed sections then sudden stops.

People thought similar about Spa (including me), which also has its fair share of heavy braking zones followed by long flat-out sections. The thing about Spa is that heavy braking zones lead into simple corners and long flats, ideal for KERS. At Monza, the heavy braking zones lead into chicanes and short flats, which makes KERS usage dubious.

I think Monza won't really advantage KERS cars. They will obviously be useful for blocking, but not necessarily for overtaking (except off the starting grid).
on the exit of both chicanes aswell they will use it to get to top speed quicker
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Quote from samjh :People thought similar about Spa (including me), which also has its fair share of heavy braking zones followed by long flat-out sections. The thing about Spa is that heavy braking zones lead into simple corners and long flats, ideal for KERS. At Monza, the heavy braking zones lead into chicanes and short flats, which makes KERS usage dubious.

I think Monza won't really advantage KERS cars. They will obviously be useful for blocking, but not necessarily for overtaking (except off the starting grid).

The first chicane at Monza is soo tight that the exit will be highly benifical to KERS also looking at the track a KERS car is given easy oportinities to overtake a non kers car under slip stream.

Given the Fact the KERS cars are basically as fast if not faster on just about all the tracks now.

Renault and BMW are expected to re-introduce there KERS systems for this race due to the preferred layout of this track, Spa wasn't the most ideal track for KERS due to the medium speed corner sections which would hurt weight distribution without replenishing KERS, but the fact Ferrari won showed how advanced there car is at the moment.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG