The online racing simulator
Send'm an email
All of the good old F1 tracks are getting Bernielised :hide:
Quote from 5haz :The old Hockenheim wasn't exactly the most thrillng track either.

The old Hockenheim was awesome. <3
Indeed, I can't think of a single track that's got "improved" and ended up better afterwards
Quote from J@tko :Indeed, I can't think of a single track that's got "improved" and ended up better afterwards

Spa?
Quote from aroX123 :Spa?

Nah, Masta with 2009 cars FTW

EDIT: Although, because of the extra downforce these days, it would probably be not that great. Meh.
#33 - CSF
Quote from J@tko :Indeed, I can't think of a single track that's got "improved" and ended up better afterwards

Nurburgring?
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Barnie employs Tilkie.
So isn't it Barnie?
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Belgian circuit's for the win

I haz duoticket to watch the real thing!
Zolder, thats a track that hasn't been completely raped. The chicanes there actually suit the track and provide nice racing, infact, the chicane on fernbay green is actually very similar to the first chicane at Zolder.
Attached images
zolderfernbaycomparison.PNG
#38 - 5haz
Dosent show the chicane up at turn 7, which is awful and ruined what used to be a nice medium fast section.
Quote from 5haz :Dosent show the chicane up at turn 7, which is awful and ruined what used to be a nice medium fast section.

No it doesn't , but that chicane to me is a nice addition. Long sweepers are spectacular but for overtakin they just aren't that nice to overtake on.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
i liked the old bus stop better. In the days that the old Clio Cup and Yaris cup where driving there where nice battles fought in there. Was really fun to know a very talented driver so u could get anywhere

Carey is right
Also in the old F1 games it was so much fun to just RAGE your car over the bus stop Kerbs!
Quote from zeugnimod :The old Hockenheim was awesome. <3

it wasnt
saying hockenheim was aweomse would be the same as saying the way they raped the hunadieres is awesome... very similar in nature now and absolutely horrid
the only good bit of the old hockenheim is still fully intact
Quote from BlueFlame :Zolder, thats a track that hasn't been completely raped. The chicanes there actually suit the track and provide nice racing, infact, the chicane on fernbay green is actually very similar to the first chicane at Zolder.

My backside looks more like Zolder's first chicane
Yes, its more like the FE1 chicane, but with a need to brake.
I was talking about the first version of the first Zolder chicane, I didn't know they'd changed it, but apparently they have. GTL version of Zolder, the first chicane is how I was describing it, but since it's changed it doesn't make a difference now :P

EDIT : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qcxu6A6qLM go to 1.35, seems like teh Chicane hasn't changed at all, but in that Clio vid, it looks completely changed because of the tarmac run-off area.
Quote from BenjiMC :no he is right, it is quite similar. Although i'd say more like the last chicane on FE1 reversed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnuwQ85sbC4

1:15 >

lol @ lifting throttle on the backstraight to cheat the sound level measuring
so funny, everybody does it and organizers dont care
they just wanna keep the government happy

nice racing tho

zolder is too slow, short and narrow for modern f1 cars
shame cus a GP in my backyard would be awesome

very much looking forward to Spa tho
Zolder is a pretty boring track imo, might be good in the lower classes but for F1 it would be like the Hungororing.

Spa though is imo one of the best 5 tracks in the world.
If Carlsberg made race tracks........

Weather seems fairly stable and dry according to the forecasts I've seen. Temps around 15 degrees should hurt the Brawns and aid RBR. Certainly not taking that for granted tho.

So will it be the RBR/McLaren dominance that seems to be mooted?
Can Brawn or (a) Ferrari challenge competitively?
Will Alonso spring a surprise....?

Looking forward to a fine display of driver skills
You can't predict any more who is going to be fast.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG