Qualifying 14:00

Sun 30 August 2009
Race 14:00

Spa-Francorchamps
Race Date: 30 Aug 2009
Number of Laps: 44
Circuit Length: 7.004 km
Race Distance: 308.052 km
Lap Record: 1:45.108 - K Raikkonen (2004)
Attached images
belgian_track.gif
YES, I am dancing!
Can't wait! I have the day off work too!
Yay, Spa:elefant:
Extended forecast for Sunday - Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 50s.

DANCE HARDER ZEUG
#6 - J@tko
Sutil FTW
#7 - 5haz
Its Spa, of course its going to rain.

My moneys on Vettel.
I was there last year and it was epic!!!
:banana:

I hope Mr.Hamilton won't cut the chicane again.
Lets place a huge wall at the chicane to stop that!
#11 - 5haz
Lets just get rid of the chicane, that thing looks like its a horrible bastard to drive, an interruption of what otherwise is a wonderfully sweeping track.

Imagine the braking they would have to do for La Source (just like it used to be), it would make a grand overtaking opportunity.
My favourite track, can't wait.
Well.. those recent 'renovations' really screwed up the track.. the chicane should have stayed the way it was all those years.. I loved those super slowmo vids of the cars flying over the curbs!

hm.. the good 'ol days..
finally a good track again
Quote from 5haz :Its Spa, of course its going to rain.

My moneys on Vettel.

+1

SPA is the greatest track out of the whole season. I hope Vettel brings home a win.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Not one IN the corner ( Hamilton Wise )
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
And here some free buckets and spades for the inevitable sandbox-fights over Ferrari vs. McLaren or whatever:

Don't be too shy to grab them, you all know you want it!
Well it will be interesting how Mclaren do and if they still remain competitive. Because its a fast track, and lets be honest, the last two werent really.

Well, just hope for rain
#20 - 5haz
Quote from bbman :And here some free buckets and spades for the inevitable sandbox-fights over Ferrari vs. McLaren or whatever:

Don't be too shy to grab them, you all know you want it!

Thanks, I was a bit bored waiting for the fight to start so I put me shovel to good use...

Attached images
sa77.jpg
This is the best track! I hope for Hamilton on the podium
Quote from Sponge :Well.. those recent 'renovations' really screwed up the track.. the chicane should have stayed the way it was all those years.. I loved those super slowmo vids of the cars flying over the curbs!

hm.. the good 'ol days..

well lets face it the chicane that was there "all those years" was "renovation" of what was there before but like the current version it was put there to slow the cars down becasue of safety issues. whilst we may not like these sort of things it's better than loosing tracks like this completly, its the same with the monza chicanes, the chicanes that were put into hochenheim's outfield section or most of the alterations that have happened to silverstone since 1972.

loads of people up in arms about how "historic" silverstone lost the GP to donnington yet to me it's a shadow of the track that i first knew

plenty of other circuits we know have been altered a lot too, just do a google for images of interlagos and compare the circuit maps for the current layout and the old full circuit and of course a large part of what we know as spa has nothing to do with the original circuit and was built to connect the public road sections when the circuit was shortened, going further back, the same is true of donnington compared to the prewar circuit and of course monza used to have the banked track in use as part of the main circuit
That's true.. some changes are for the better, and preserving iconic tracks is most important ofcourse
hochenheim used to be one of the best tracks till 2002, what they did was criminal. now the current track is boring as hell.
#25 - 5haz
The old Hockenheim wasn't exactly the most thrillng track either.

And someone needs to tell Legard that there are drivers on the track other than Jenson Button, the number of times he said his name at the start of Valencia.

Formula 1 ING Belgian Grand Prix 2009
(422 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG